• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Looks like I know what I'll be doing tonight...

WTgrH2A.png

Thanks man! Never played this before so I can't wait to try it. Apparently I am in for some good coffee and sandwiches?

Shadownet

Banned
Sly has the same IQ as Dolph. It takes brains to play convincing tough guys.
Tarantino also has an IQ of 160. Crazy.

Thanks man! Never played this before so I can't wait to try it. Apparently I am in for some good coffee and sandwiches?
This might sound crazy but get a bagette, rip off some pieces and dip it in a cup of hot milk coffee and eat it. Its delicious.

It's a pretty common snack in Vietnam. (Where I come from. I think we learned it from the French.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have joined the 3DS owners. I am now looking to buy all the games i missed over the years :p.

Pokemon X is pretty fun. Any recommendations besides the ones i'm looking for here on the B/ST?
Regarding retail games, I think you got a lot of good recommendations in this thread. My personal favorites so far are Super Mario 3D Land, Theatrhythm (go with Curtain Call, there's no reason to play the original at this point), Kid Icarus Uprising (it's great, but I can only play it in short sessions because my hands get tired) and maybe Luigi's Mansion 2, which I haven't played much yet.

When it comes to eShop titles, Pushmo is a must, as is Liberarion Maiden (Suda51 goodness). Starship Damrey is a nice, albeit flawed, sci-fi/horror adventure game. Pokemon Battle Trozei is a fun puzzle game, but the Picross series is the king of the genre and totally worth getting (I only have the first 2).

That's basically all I can remember owning that's worth mentioning. Of course there are more things, like Smash Bros, NSMB2 and Mario Kart 7, but I'd guess you know enough about those franchises to see for yourself whether you want them.

Shadownet

Banned
I hope Pokemon Omega Ruby will be available on Nintendo eShop. I have $30 in credits I can use.

I talk about selling my PS4 but I doubt anyone on GAF is going to buy it.

Btw so we have Halloween Sale on the 30th and then Fall Sale coming up in November? Winter Sale in December?

Tizoc

I hope Pokemon Omega Ruby will be available on Nintendo eShop. I have $30 in credits I can use.

I talk about selling my PS4 but I doubt anyone on GAF is going to buy it.

Btw so we have Halloween Sale on the 30th and then Fall Sale coming up in November? Winter Sale in December?

Is the Fall sale confirmed? My memory is fuzzy and I can only remember Winter Seal and October/Halloween sales from last year.

Gvaz

Banned
131 games with cards remaining, this is going to take a while, but maybe i'll have enough to buy a full priced game after xD

Guys I loved witcher (1) a lot.
Guys I started Witcher 2 and then I 100% the last of us redongled.
Gues I've now (re)played through Half Life, Opposing Force and most of Blue Shift
Guys make me go back to Witcher 2!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Gues I've now (re)played through Half Life, Opposing Force and most of Blue Shift

Did you stop because the opening is hard? It gets better as you go on.

Upinsmoke

Quick Question regarding the witcher series. I've got both on the pc, tried to play the first multiple times but i just can't get into it. A mixture of a battle system which i just can't find any fun and slow pacing just kills it for me after half an hour to an hour or so. So i haven't touched the second as I was unsure whether i needed to complete the first to really enjoy the second or at least understand what's going on?

Uninstall the other games and let only The Wtcher 2 installed, if you feel the urge to play other games slap yourself and focus on the game you want to finish.

Arthea

Yes, in a way. The Autumn Sale has been a regular thing since 2010.

don't hate me! but I kinda wish there was no autumn sale. It's hard to resist buying things and it's too close to the winter sale to let self loose, for me that is. I think Halloween one is bad enough.

Errr... NUDITY!

Yeah Geralt is... I mean Merigold is HAWT!

Did you stop because the opening is hard? It gets better as you go on.

I didn't find it very hard. I stoped because I went back home for vacations, came back with ps4+tlou:r and decided I was going to plat + 100% it. I did!

Uninstall the other games and let only The Wtcher 2 installed, if you feel the urge to play other games slap yourself and focus on the game you want to finish.

I'm not uninstalling Dark souls 2 you crazy panda! But yes I agree with you. That's how I keep finishing games. I have an MP game which I fire off when I want to play for short burts (BF4 atm) and a SP that I go through steadily and sometimes do the whole completionist thing.

This happened with the first Dark Souls. I started it, had to work on my PhD thesis and then almost didn't touch it for a year. Bought the steam version, sold the ps3 version and played it for almost 6 months exclusively.

Roche is such a bro.

I'm not sure! Yet

Ninja Roche GIF

Heh!

Thanks guys <3

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Roche is such a bro.

Roche is a self absorbed asshole who never takes responsibility for the consequences of his actions. There is a scene between him and Geralt where he claims that they both know who is being a prick, the implication being Geralt; but it's Roche who is the prick. Every time you question who is being the prick, it is Roche. Between the two possible "bros", Lorveth is the better "bro".

milena87

If you loved The Witcher 1, give your time to The Witcher 2 right now.

If you loved the world of TW1, TW2 delves a lot more into politics, conflicts and different factions.
If you loved the characters, TW2 introduces some really great characters. Geralt's friends are also returning of course.

The prologue is a bit of a slog, but Act 1 is very good overall, Act 2 is awesome (both paths) and Act 3 is a lot stronger now with the added quests. The epilogue is awesome as well.

The combat is the weakest part of the game.

Copons

Roche is a self absorbed asshole who never takes responsibility for the consequences of his actions. There is a scene between him and Geralt where he claims that they both know who is being a prick, the implication being Geralt; but it's Roche who is the prick. Every time you question who is being the prick, it is Roche. Between the two possible "bros", Lorveth is the better "bro".

I broed with Iorveth too, mostly because I played both Witchers like a medieval SJW, but also as a firm stance against big pharma.

Iorveth is a loveable asshole.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
don't hate me! but I kinda wish there was no autumn sale. It's hard to resist buying things and it's too close to the winter sale to let self loose, for me that is. I think Halloween one is bad enough.

For a few years there was only a Winter Sale.

Ozium

can we have a groundhog's day sale?

I envision it as 8 daily deals that refresh throughout the day..

all of them are Alan Wake

Arthea

can we have a groundhog's day sale?

I envision it as 8 daily deals that refresh throughout the day..

all of them are Alan Wake

so basically like any sale ever?

edited: Atraveller, you can't beat lashman in this, why even try? (><)

For a few years there was only a Winter Sale.

I wouldn't want to revert to that, the summer sale is a thing of beauty

Not sure why Kamiya visiting Valve should be a big deal. Maybe he just went there, because he wanted to, and not because business motives.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
does new DLC/expansions usually get added to the store (store page) on release day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom