• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On my phone at the monment but what is quickest way at to check upcoming by releases on the new store interface for Steam?

Scroll to the bottom of the Upcoming Releases tab and click the "Upcoming releases" button. You can (finally) change the order to ascending by switching sort_by=Released_DESC in the URL with sort_by=Released_ASC.

does new DLC/expansions usually get added to the store (store page) on release day?

They get store pages whenever publishers feel like putting them up. Company of Heroes 2's upcoming expansion got a store page a week-and-a-half ago and it's not out for another few weeks, for example.

If you loved The Witcher 1, give your time to The Witcher 2 right now.

If you loved the world of TW1, TW2 delves a lot more into politics, conflicts and different factions.
If you loved the characters, TW2 introduces some really great characters. Geralt's friends are also returning of course.

The prologue is a bit of a slog, but Act 1 is very good overall, Act 2 is awesome (both paths) and Act 3 is a lot stronger now with the added quests. The epilogue is awesome as well.

The combat is the weakest part of the game.

The combat has been the weakest since TW1, hasn't it? Some people say to just play it on the easiest difficulty and go through it for the story!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Pokemon Omega Ruby will be available on Nintendo eShop. I have $30 in credits I can use.
There's no reason why it shouldn't. X and Y were, why would the new remakes not be there?

can we have a groundhog's day sale?

I envision it as 8 daily deals that refresh throughout the day..

all of them are Alan Wake
Isn't this what GMG does? 2K sale, every sale, every day.

Asgaro

I remember someone brought this up already, but jesus christ, nice work these modders are doing with remastering Resident Evil 4's "HD" edition:

102702.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...hots-show-unbelievably-detailed-textures-wip/

Glad I waited out on buying the "HD" version at release.
Will buy it when it drops to € 9.99 or less and then wait for this mod to be complete: they are at 30% completion so far...

^^ And I remember how a lot of the people in that thread were down on the guy, how this is pointless etc

These comments are cringe worthy, I remember posting about someone working on a FFVII demake and wanted to do at least the first mission being playable. Of course part of the replies were how those people keep using other companies ip's instead creating their own, or why he didn't create his own game, or how pointless it was, etc. But what they don't understand is the guy was doing it as a hobby, it doesn't need to have a point so let them have fun.

DragonAge : Inq comes out soon, guess I better head over the Origin thread now...

Oh man I dun goofed my maths paper. Idk if i can even go to college now. Might have to retain at high school :/

I blame CSGO and TTT

blame Yoga

See you in 2 weeks steamgaf.

stay safe SteamBro

Roche is a self absorbed asshole who never takes responsibility for the consequences of his actions. There is a scene between him and Geralt where he claims that they both know who is being a prick, the implication being Geralt; but it's Roche who is the prick. Every time you question who is being the prick, it is Roche. Between the two possible "bros", Lorveth is the better "bro".

#teamLorveth

Asgaro

Is it me, or in those comparison screenshots HD looks exactly like original?

Yes, they did an awful job.

An explanation from the modders' website http://www.re4hd.com/ :

The majority of the textures in the game have not been redone. Instead they have been resized to be twice as large as the original textures, and a filter has been applied to smooth the the image. I’m sure this is due to budget and time constraints, which I think are understandable.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The combat has been the weakest since TW1, hasn't it? Some people say to just play it on the easiest difficulty and go through it for the story!

The game is too easy even on Dark mode. I only used 4 talent points beyond the required 6 in the basic skills talent tree. I am currently storing 15 more to artificially introduce some challenge into the game. Even on Dark difficulty setting, there is only one encounter that is truly difficult and that is in an optional portion of the prologue.

I broed with Iorveth too, mostly because I played both Witchers like a medieval SJW, but also as a firm stance against big pharma.

Well if you want another reason, Geralt isn't considered human by his fellow man so siding with Lorveth can be considered an action in his own self interest. Especially since there is a bounty on his head for regicide.

Big pharma?

Iorveth is a loveable asshole.

#teamLorveth

*Love*

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hype for it? Which is surprising, considering it's Bioware.

They've been slowly showing more and more. At this point it seems even you're hyped or you aren't. I don't think there will be much convincing at this point.

I'm cautiously optimistic, so far everything they've showed has been great.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of valouris, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-23B23F9655ED3039 - Taken by Pakkidis. 16 entrants total.
Blackwell 1 Legacy -- MB-B059D5DF4F6A7047 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-33E8899E4C5AFF7E - Taken by confuziz. 1 entrants total.
XCOM UFO Defense -- MB-AB5ABF1D364D2B44 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Interceptor -- MB-4D151365BE325DED - Taken by sprinkles. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-AEDD9CED6C497DC5
Blackwell 2 Unbound -- MB-18794E43C692DAF0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Hitman Contracts -- MB-80F2840BE38AB0C4 - Taken by Kiru. 13 entrants total.
Blackwell 3 Convergence -- MB-A4FB008BE9FB198E - Taken by Berlok. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Terror from the Deep -- MB-76B48B85BB471D84 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
XCOM Enforcer -- MB-0959E84B216511EF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-32FF37A52C026023 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1414417795z1.png

or alternatively everybody that sees difference could negate placebo by really seeing that there is no difference (><)

The difference is pretty big actually.
I remember when a friend of mine got glasses and was surprised that you can actually make out individual blades of grass from a distance. He always thought it was normal to just see a green blur.

Anyway, I'd go and see an optometrist.
IndieGala Every Monday Bundle 31 US$1.89

Game Tycoon 1.5
Big Brain Wolf
Out There Somewhere
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back
Sinister City
Ninja Cats vs. Samurai Dogs
Playing History: Slave Trade (Greenlight)

Out There Somewhere is a fantastic little puzzle-platformer. It's short, has cute characters, fun mechanics and good and challenging achievements. Good music as well.

I'm in a bit of a gaming slump and I really wanted something that could just grab me and not let go.

I tried State of Decay because the mechanics look interesting. The presentation, though, is pretty stiff. The gameplay became boring after the 5th zombie I killed and the story is flat out ghastly. "...Those people... are zombies!?" (Spoken with such surprise and dismay. Dude, we just looted multiple buildings, bashing heads along the way, then plowed through mobs of them with a truck. You're fine when you thought they were human but are blindsided when they could be the undead?)

So, State of Decay was out. Snoozed too hard too fast. Tried Darksiders 2 next. I loved the original and thought it was a flawed but good attempt at capturing the almighty Zelda gameplay. The loot system in this one is as dumb as everyone says, but that's nowhere near as bad as the worst part: how loose the dungeons play. It's just muddy. The concise layout, doubling back and puzzle system of the dungeons in Zelda games is what makes it. Faking this half-open, half-not style made it all seem like endless blah that I couldn't bring myself to continue.

And then I fired up Kentucky Route Zero, which I was going to wait on. And, wow. Wow.

dex3108

Nvidia is still silent about ACU/FC4 bundles and it is two weeks before ACU launch. So there are no cheap UPlay codes for now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Frederic: Evil Strikes Back -- MB-61153B58B942D464 - Taken by darkchewie
Sinister City -- MB-C191CF2FE5650724 - Taken by Berlok
Out There Somewhere -- MB-45318B658E11C34A - Taken by Volcynika
Big Brain Wolf -- MB-2986BA1E772C59AA - Taken by redlacs
Ninja Cats vs Samurai Dogs -- MB-A9239CCCA0954583 - Taken by Lomax
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-6251B484EB8976D7 - Taken by wetflame

Arthea

The difference is pretty big actually.
I remember when a friend of mine got glasses and was surprised that you can actually make out individual blades of grass from a disctance. He always thought it was normal to just see a green blur.

Anyway, I'd go and see an optometrist.

that's funny, yes, in a sad way

you should know that most people don't wear glasses for PC, especially for reading, as you are so readily giving advices!
Because you know... you can enlarge things on PC to your hearts desire, just reminding

rtcn63

I rarely wear glasses inside, outside of watching a movie while sitting back. Everything looks under saturated and low definition in my bedroom. Even has the mono static coming from my 20-year old Sony Trinitron.

Arthea

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/32971231339934269/FE2F79854B4739348E925440A0BAA928F0A97BEB/637x358.resizedimage[/IMG

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this.

Why is it Tetris? Why?[/QUOTE]

because tetris is awesome and makes every game better?
this bundle is worth for this game alone (><)

edited:
[SPOILER]that playboy bayo thread is something else (><)[/SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom