• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have joined the 3DS owners. I am now looking to buy all the games i missed over the years :p.

Pokemon X is pretty fun. Any recommendations besides the ones i'm looking for here on the B/ST?

I never see any love for Kid Icarus Uprising, but I highly recommend taking a hard look at that game. It's fantastic.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Has anyone here finished Costume Quest 2 with the Hardcorn achievement? Does it get irritatingly difficult at any point? I've just played an hour or so of the first area and it doesn't seem hard, just makes the battles take a bit longer.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
25% over at GMG if you claim one of these, assuming the game isn't exempt.

Edit: Noooooooooooooooooo.

Is the game even available on GMG? Can't find it

I have joined the 3DS owners. I am now looking to buy all the games i missed over the years :p.

Pokemon X is pretty fun. Any recommendations besides the ones i'm looking for here on the B/ST?

If you love fun and don't hate yourself: Mario 3D Land and Link Between Worlds

Annubis

Yes, they did an awful job.

An explanation from the modders' website http://www.re4hd.com/ :

The majority of the textures in the game have not been redone. Instead they have been resized to be twice as large as the original textures, and a filter has been applied to smooth the the image. I’m sure this is due to budget and time constraints, which I think are understandable.

Wow... that is seriously lame.
Double texture size +sharpen is not HD at all.

kurahador

Can't go wrong with any Nintendo and Atlus games.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is one of the best RPGs on the system, and has some of the best music. Etrian Odyssey IV is a great dungeon crawler and a good entry point into the franchise.

How does this compare to Strange Journey?

SJ really made me miserable with the damn difficulty spike.

dimub.jpg

Sorry this is an ancient reply. Just came to me. :\

Spyware

Has anyone here finished Costume Quest 2 with the Hardcorn achievement? Does it get irritatingly difficult at any point? I've just played an hour or so of the first area and it doesn't seem hard, just makes the battles take a bit longer.
Yeah, it just takes more time. I never died. It's a bit more important to switch around the other costumes for the rock-paper-scissor system when you're always missing one of them. Just make sure that you never have the same weakness on the other two because that makes it take even longer. So if you meet mostly tech and monster, don't use anything strong against magic but don't let them both be weak against magic either.

Steam big picture related question: I've searched on my own and found that others had problems/were not able to initiate or join voice group chats in big picture. Has this ever been addressed? Or am I missing an option? As of now I have to alt tab out, which is annoying as I'm trying to remove the kb/m from regular sessions

Sarcasm

Don't really know what show thread detail does..gonna try it now. I need avatars on..otherwise your all the same person.

**Thread Detail is what it sounds like I guess. Tells you OP name and time & who of last post.

People are going to say 3d land let me just go against the flock and say no to that one. I don't mind easy games(and Mario has never been a challenging series) but my god that game is so easy its a snorefest. The special worlds is just Mario's regular difficulty IMO. Now first game to get: smash bros 3ds(so I can give you that good ol' spanking in it), then get Luigi's mansion, Kirby triple deluxe, a link between worlds, and kid Icarus(be warned: KI has awful controls and make your hands hurt after like 1 mission so be sure to get the game new or if used make sure it comes with the stand, don't bother otherwise)

Turfster

My foils never sell anyway so I don't care :(

This.
Or they're basically worthless.
I have a foil for Samaritan Paradox that waterfalled down without selling for over a month, and has sold for about 10 cents in general, once every like, other week, and there aren't even buy orders for it =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So with this morning's Indie Gala, this happened:

WCiiLEe.png

I guess after a while these "every 100 games" milestones just don't seem like as big a deal as they used to.

#SteamWorldProblems

So with this morning's Indie Gala, this happened:

WCiiLEe.png

I guess after a while these "every 100 games" milestones just don't seem like as big a deal as they used to.

#SteamWorldProblems
How sad would you be if ff15 doesn't come to PC? I'd imagine devastated since all your favorites are ff games :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Space Hack -- MB-E80F835E1F938DBB - Taken by billmcdougal
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-7BBCE0C4376C9104 - Taken by Kiru
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-65CAE12EF129CB8D - Taken by Saty
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-2B6FAF37FD635148 - Taken by nja
AquaNox -- MB-B291FECBD67DE325 - Taken by Saty
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-68748934820B8A5C - Taken by RyanPierre
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-9C78709716725730 - Taken by RyanPierre

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Space Hack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AquaNox 2: Revelation was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Avencast: Rise of the Mage was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AquaNox was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ionball 2: Ionstorm was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Steam big picture related question: I've searched on my own and found that others had problems/were not able to initiate or join voice group chats in big picture. Has this ever been addressed? Or am I missing an option? As of now I have to alt tab out, which is annoying as I'm trying to remove the kb/m from regular sessions
Unfortunately, you can't do any kind of group chat in BPM. Gotta alt-tab for it. :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How sad would you be if ff15 doesn't come to PC? I'd imagine devastated since all your favorites are ff games :p

I'd love to have it on Steam, but I'm not going to be crushed if it doesn't show up there right away
since I have my copy pre-ordered for the PS4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Group voice chat works in BPM provided you're in the chat room of a Steam Community group. It's still not as robust as what you get with the desktop mode.

Group voice chat works in BPM provided you're in the chat room of a Steam Community group. It's still not as robust as what you get with the desktop mode.
Not this again... The regular kind of impromptu group chat rooms that people mean when they say 'group chat' don't work in BPM.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
"Oh, I wonder if that Game Tycoon 1.5 I got from JaseC's spares giveaway has cards?"

1n0378V.png

*IDLING INTESIFIES*

Thanks Jase!
I'm actually going to give it a go too, I'm just at work right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom