• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
so originally i was planning on playing Killer is Dead after I beat Korra but since my bro got me bayo 2 a few days ago I decided to go with a different genre that way I don't overdue it with the action games(since I'm currently playing bayo 1 for the first time and I'll be moving to the 2nd afterwords) and decided to go with a game that I bought nearly a year ago and has been installed on my computer since purchase but never even booted up once; Civ 5. I played nearly 2 hours of it without even realizing it. O.O really enjoying it. I mean like I barely know what I'm doing, but its fun. it gave me a small world tho and I didn't realize that till after I invested in navel exploration.... theres like no land on the other side for me to take advantage of it... ah well, still fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goddammit this shit.

IoYWHdT.png

if you are on nvidia, go to the control panel, go to 3d settings and change physx to CPU

that fixed the crashes for me yesterday. today, after the patch, I turned off the new nvidia option (I forget the name) in the options and it fixed, I dont need to change the physx to the cpu anymore

decided to go with a game that I bought nearly a year ago and has been installed on my computer since purchase but never even booted up once; Civ 5. I played nearly 2 hours of it without even realizing it. O.O really enjoying it. I mean like I barely know what I'm doing, but its fun. it gave me a small world tho and I didn't realize that till after I invested in navel exploration.... theres like no land on the other side for me to take advantage of it... ah well, still fun.
It's a new day.

That game is the bane of my free time. I remembered playing it before around 10PM thinking I'll stop before midnight but I ended up playing it until.... 5AM the next morning. I sure looked groggy and sleepy for class the next day.

Uzzy

There's been a few new details in the CAG thread. (Not sure if they've been mentioned here yet):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed, most likely the old Calamity Trigger PC port. World End Economica is another likely candidate.
- Apparently, a few weeks ago, they were planning to do an Asia-themed bundle, but those plans fell through, and the games from that were rolled into this Doujin bundle.
- The preorder page should be up soon. The preorder price will be $2.

Fake Edit: it's up!
http://groupees.com/doujin3

Interested in it for Blazblue, but I've never bought from there before. What's the purpose of preordering? Does the price shoot up once it's live?

Shadownet

Banned
So BlazBlue is confirmed for this Doujin bundle? Anything else?

I never play a single BlazBlue game before. Time to give it a try.

Edit: Wow the Build A Greenlight 12 Bundle is so disappointing, not a single Steam key. :( Why did I even bother...

At least I got The Last Door from The Bundle of the Damned 3.

Interested in it for Blazblue, but I've never bought from there before. What's the purpose of preordering? Does the price shoot up once it's live?

It usually has different tiers like the Humble Bundle. Last time they higher tier was 5$.

There was a rumor that World End Econimica Episode 1 would be featured in one of the world bundles, so it might also appear there.

Dr Dogg

Well then, I'll have to pick one up. Still job hunting, but that is the next priority... or more likely overdraft mediated celebratory employment purchase

There's a fair amount of options out there. jim-jam has posted about his experiences with a Dell Venue 8 Pro which can occasionally be had on offer though normally £240. Lenovo do a couple as either a tablet or combo device in their Miix 2 range from £250-£500 depending on what you go for. Asus also do a straight up 8" Windows tablet with an active digitizer in the Vivotab but they're not on sale here yet but can be imported from France or Germany for around £220 plus postage and customs charges.

There are lots and lots of options but as for Stream streaming, as long as your host is up to it they should all be more than capable.

Oh boy. You'll enter one of the most complex, hard to master fighting game series today. I have been casually playing the game but I still get my ass whipped by others.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

KU: SHROUD OF THE MORRIGAN -- MB-8CF44BC6A5C3B786 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Bad Hotel -- MB-6DBBA3B090972A73 - Taken by Nzyme32
Power-Up -- MB-E54B5D302EF28E18 - Taken by Abomination

I ask again. What game in the new groupees BAGB beside the waifu-game is recommended?

Ozium

Anyone gotten their codes from that australiostore? I got the confirmation email within minutes and nothing since then.. if I go to the order page it says Parcel 1 even though both games say digital... where would I find the keys?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still think Blazblue sounds completely out of place in a doujin bundle.

I hope World End Economica is in it.

wait Blazblue is in the doujin bundle? or is that just speculation?

Chariot

There's been a few new details in the CAG thread. (Not sure if they've been mentioned here yet):
- Blazblue is pretty much confirmed, most likely the old Calamity Trigger PC port. World End Economica is another likely candidate.
- Apparently, a few weeks ago, they were planning to do an Asia-themed bundle, but those plans fell through, and the games from that were rolled into this Doujin bundle.

World End Economica would be super rad. Thanks for the heads up!

Tellaerin

Partial speculation.

It was mentioned somewhere that Blazblue would be in a bundle. It is my understanding that people think this bundle is the one, but it sounds wrong to me.

Someone here also mentioned that a Clash of the World: Asia bundle had been planned, but apparently that fell through, and the games they'd lined up for it were being rolled into the upcoming Doujin bundle. In light of that, Blazblue doesn't sound too farfetched.

$2 huh. Thanks for the heads up.

Rhaknar

BAD MOJO ON THAT HORROR BUNDLE!

im so happy ;_; thank you based preorder

Accoun

wait Blazblue is in the doujin bundle? or is that just speculation?

They tweeted to some dev asking if he's interested in joining a bundle and mentioned it's a Japanese-themed bundle with BlazBlue in it. Didn't mention exactly a doujin bundle, but there have been rumors of non-doujin Japan or Asia bundle getting scrapped and games moved to others. So dunno.

More Classic stuff:

Bomb diggity, just the RPG I needed during my 2 weeks surgical recovery.

Calling all cars calling all cars, I'll be looking for 5 intrepid adventurers to journey with me through the harrowing depths of the Dale's deepest darkest tombs starting Friday evening after release. PM me to join up with IWD-GAF today! EDIT: In my narcotics fueled post-operative stupor I forgot that this is the same time as Thursday night football and my Saints are playing. So I've push this back a day (also since there doesn't seem to be much interest yet anyway)

t1414800000z2.png

Our brave heroes:
1. CrunchyFrog

Dr Dogg

fuck blazblue on steam... who releases a fighting game on pc and doesn't include online play?

I mean really...

Well it had online multi once before it came to Steam but I'm sure if Aksys left GFWL in there would be bitching about that instead. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Researchers find that female PC gamers outnumber males

http://www.pcgamer.com/researchers-find-that-female-pc-gamers-outnumber-males/

Ladies...

One thing that is always missing from these research figures is their sample size and other key demographics that paint a much more accurate picture.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I was just looking at that. Did the ol' Grandpa Simpson.

3204840swsw.gif

Everything is
not
awesome!

Yeah, those sum it up too. It's somehow even more expensive than buying the physical minifigure sets >_>

Why does it have free to play in the genre if you have to pay $25 just to get the game?

I think it's a miscommunication on their end. It technically is, from what I've found, free to play in browser, and on Android and iOS. It looks like the Steam version isn't, though.

fuck blazblue on steam... who releases a fighting game on pc and doesn't include online play?

I mean really...

There's that creepy anime fighting game, Vanguard Princess. It's supposed to have online play at a later date though, at least I think so.

I mean really...

It's goofy, but aside from the big releases like SF and KOF I already know that I'm just going to muck around with fighting games locally. So I'm ok with an old, offline version as long as it's bundle cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom