• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Calling all cars calling all cars, I'll be looking for 5 intrepid adventurers to journey with me through the harrowing depths of the Dale's deepest darkest tombs starting tomorrow evening after release.

Very tempting. There any word on the price yet?

Alavard

Arg. The crashes of Deadly Premonition finally became so frequent that I couldn't take it anymore. I made it through 19 hours, most of the game's sidequests and over half the story, but it now crashes at a certain point every single time.

Gotta watch the rest in a LP...

Dr Dogg

I'm watching Game Informer's extra life thing, and they say that Sunset Overdrive references Neogaf (or something that sounds like Neogaf): http://youtu.be/UQfHff8blhc?t=52m38s

The game looks decent, just seems to need more difficulty settings. I did like SR3, so. Hoping it comes to PC.

See I have this odd dichotomy with the Xbox One as there are a couple of exclusives out now and a few more out in the not too distant future I'd be happy to pick one up. Though on the flip side what with Dead Rising 3 and Ryse both eventually turning up on PC and one day Microsoft might actually not be a bunch of fibbers in their commitment to PC that I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Sunset Overdrive does look pretty neat but there's just that nagging feeling that even if that doesn't come Steam-ward that pretty much everything else 'exclusive' might. MCC and Scalebound (yeah I know next to nothing has been shown but I'm a fool for Kamiya and PlatinumGames) also have my intrest but I'm happy chillin' on the fence for the time being.

Messiah

And any of the other console stuff. It's pretty much a port of the arcade version is free mode.

I just need something to waste time until the european release of P4Arena Ultimax anyway.

I played Evil Within some more. I really like it now. Up to now it's a 7/10 in my book.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Majestic Nights looks and sounds interesting. Will be released in two days and "Chapter Zero" is free. Development team resumee isn't very impressive though...
Steam Info said:
Majestic Nights is an episodic action-adventure-thriller set in an alternate 1980s where all conspiracy theories, past and present are True. It’s the bright and brash 1980s; a world crammed with hidden intrigue and sinister plots, government cover-ups and alien sightings, CIA experiments and the Truth.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/284140
Definetly have to checkout that free episode at least.

BlazBlue would be great, too bad there is no online multiplayer :(

LMFAOOO it really doesn't have online?! what kind of shit is that man, even the vita game has online(although I do admit i have no idea which one it is, all i know is that I got some blazblue game from ps+)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of C4rter, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-FE2AA6DD2D9F56B2 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-1D47D3BFED8E74CE - Taken by swx. 29 entrants total.
Teleglitch -- MB-2FD107DA7A859CE3 - Taken by Jalal

t1414625704z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
you eliminate mobile games
(not real games anyway)
, then its most likely back to males.

This is addressed in the article (and others using the same data). Mobile games are their own categories. Men dominate FPS and MMOs, women dominate nearly every other genre (or it's a 50/50 split). Men also dominate digital console, though I'm unclear exactly what that means (guess just digital purchases on consoles).

gngf123

LMFAOOO it really doesn't have online?! what kind of shit is that man, even the vita game has online(although I do admit i have no idea which one it is, all i know is that I got some blazblue game from ps+)
Correct. It is multiple versions out of date and has no online.

And ArcSys are using it to see if there is a fighting game community interested in their games on PC.

r3n4ud

header.jpg

Anyone picking it up on release tomorrow? Will be picking it up on Greenman for $21. Damn excited to play this tomorrow!

Correct. It is multiple versions out of date and has no online.

And ArcSys are using it to see if there is a fighting game community interested in their games on PC.

psh if thats what they're going to use then I guess there is no fighting game community on the pc. I sure as well wouldn't buy it if I was into fighting games.

MUnited83

For you.
This is addressed in the article (and others using the same data). Mobile games are their own categories. Men dominate FPS and MMOs, women dominate nearly every other genre (or it's a 50/50 split). Men also dominate digital console, though I'm unclear exactly what that means (guess just digital purchases on consoles).
the stats include facebook games and the like( farmville, candy crush, etc)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting this from the lords thread just so you guys have an idea what Lords is like linearity wise, which was one of my concerns before. These are area spoilers, but they will make little sense if you havent played the game (imagine describing Dark Souls areas and pathways to someone that didnt play it, they would have no idea what you were talking about), but still, click at your own risk.

YO, for a game that is supposed to be linear, Im overwhelmed by the places I can / want to go. Spoilers obviously:

-
That celler place after a little wooden bridge, with some jail cells inside. I went there and the first guy took ages to kill, so I ran back out.

-
There is a door with a demon head above in the graveyard after you kill the Lord boss

-
There is a tower that I havent been in before you reach said boss, I went up the tower, where you light the fire for some xp (and nothing else?) and it warps around back to the other area, and also the graveyard if you drop down. I love how everything is connected!

- The
cathedral after you kill the third boss has a "leave area" prompt aswell

- I think there was another "leave area" prompt that I saw but im forgetting

- oh oh and theres a area
with some really tough enemies, these fat guys, before going to the graveyard if you go the other way, I havent investigated that

- and of course,
the way through the Pathway that the game "wants" me to go through

dude what the FUCK. I love this :D

Aitor

HIB leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aitor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-248E71B04D97336E - Taken by 7Sins
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-93F9F17CA6D51F69 - Taken by DJSebolski
Risk of Rain 3 -- MB-D570EC662A3D2DCB - Taken by Varg

why is it that none of you people have a 3ds or if you do you don't own smash!? :mad: i gotta give someone that spanking... guess I'll just go over to the smash thread...

rtcn63

why is it that none of you people have a 3ds or if you do you don't own smash!? :mad: i gotta give someone that spanking... guess I'll just go over to the smash thread...

I can only imagine playing a competitive fighter on the 3DS (XL in my case) to be arthritis-inducing.

tmarg

They intentionally fail to define the terms that they use, and then fall back on a self reported identity survey when their own numbers still show that women favor casual titles.

Obviously women are an expanding demographic in the industry, and that's a great thing, but misleading studies like this really don't help anything.

What about shipping, education the ethics in the press :p

That must be in Episode 2.

Alien Iso's ambient sound design is scarily good. That is all.

It's terrifying. I think the sound design is more scary than the Alien or Murderoids.

Researchers find that female PC gamers outnumber males

http://www.pcgamer.com/researchers-find-that-female-pc-gamers-outnumber-males/

Ladies...

Is that like when you enter a chat room and every a/s/l's that they're female?

Majukun

so,what's the point in pre-ordering the dojin bundle?

do you get all the tiers for 2 dollars if you pre-order?or there are limited "copies" of the bundle?

Because I love its nearly dead competitor, the PS Vita. Bought a secondhand 3DS for my POKEMANS habit but sold it after just a week.

Tenrius

Finished The Detail Ep. 1. It was alright, nothing stellar though. Some strong moments, some weak ones, a couple of weird QTEs, the works. The game could really benefit from some voice acting (it doesn't have any), a faster walking speed and more polish. (For example,
the Chinese guy wanted to give me only $10 000. I've ended up negotiating the full sum of $15k and got an achievement for it, but for some reason everyone acted like I've only gotten a small part of the money
). I have mixed feelings about the art style. The locations are for the most part amazing, but the characters are all that great, that goes both for small sprites and the big portraits. The latter are done fairly well, but I don't know, something feels off about them.

All in all, I've enjoyed my time with the game. The ending was intriguing and I'm looking forward to part deux.

I own both, but I'm a pretty bad player lol (also going to bed shortly).

Tellaerin

so,what's the point in pre-ordering the dojin bundle?

do you get all the tiers for 2 dollars if you pre-order?or there are limited "copies" of the bundle?

Preordering gets you everything in the bundle. It's a bit of a gamble because you're buying blind, but it's less than the full price would be (and typically not very expensive, period) so it's arguably worth it, depending on what you think is in the bundle.

Tenrius

Why can't any bundle site (with the exception of Humble) have an actually usable account system? Groupees are Indie Royale are all over the place, there are all those login options and it never remembers you for some reason, which resulted in me having several accounts on either platform. And when you do get to the profile page, it's somewhat hard to find your way around and actually get your keys and stuff.

corrosivefrost has a heart of gold

please don't take it from him

Or he will be lost and his soul will be withdrawn from its vessel and the soul of his mind will become the key to life's ether.

Lomax

Why can't any bundle site (with the exception of Humble) have an actually usable account system? Groupees are Indie Royale are all over the place, there are all those login options and it never remembers you for some reason, which resulted in me having several accounts on either platform. And when you do get to the profile page, it's somewhat hard to find your way around and actually get your keys and stuff.

Groupees system now is actually pretty great, especially compared to IndieGala and some others, it's easily searchable and gives lots of options. Finding older bundled games, especially ones that keys have been added for, is far easier on Groupees than any other bundle site.

Tenrius

Groupees system now is actually pretty great, especially compared to IndieGala and some others, it's easily searchable and gives lots of options. Finding older bundled games, especially ones that keys have been added for, is far easier on Groupees than any other bundle site.

Well, it's not that bad once you get used to it, but it still looks like shit, really intimidating.

the halloween sale is tomorrow?do we know when it will start?

Sales normally start at the usual store update time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom