• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
There are probably worse names like Infinite Undiscovery.

But I can tell you Ku: shroud of the morrigan is a shitty game.
which reminds me, divine divinity is also tremendously stupid, what the hell where they thinking

like, at least infinite undiscovery is japanese

Strazyplus

5GPgbB6.png

This is kinda whats happening to me now, sooo I may share some PC codes tomorrow if someone is unfortunate!
(not getting that many)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
fu** i tested both before the raffle.
Hemi-PoweredDrone works yours?

You can't test duplicate keys short of activating the game for yourself or another user (which isn't really a test as the key has then been used) as Steam prioritises "You already own this game" over "Duplicate product code". What you can do, though, if you think you've used a key, is go through the account retrieval process and input the key there -- if you don't get an e-mail, then the key hasn't been used. The annoying part is that said form doesn't verify the key, so you have make super-duper sure the characters precisely correct and that there are no spaces.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
which reminds me, divine divinity is also tremendously stupid, what the hell where they thinking

like, at least infinite undiscovery is japanese

The CEO of the original publisher was a fan of alliteration and forced Larian to change the title from Divinity: The Sword of Lies to its current title Divine Divinity.

I dunno, I can think of some dumber video game titles. Most of the Kingdom Hearts spin offs come to mind, for instance :p

So does the classic gem known as Touch Dic.

663360-631909_touchdic_super.png

I'm tempted to say this one because it makes me cringe every time I read it.

LOLDS.gif

It's tagline was "If you think this game is boring, you are boring."

It actually got really weird reviews, I remember Game Informer and others game it 1s while GamePro and a few others gave it 4/5.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

the 30th. and if you say "but its the 30th here now" Ill cry, its 2014, we have had 3/4 sales a year for the last 4-5 years or something, surely everyone knows sales start at 10am pacific or whatever it is every time :p

wilflare

lol got a code right after

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-AA890DE1B382B912 - Taken by maty. 3 entrants total.

t1414641065z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
shovel knight's updates are so disappointing cos all i can think of is playing as the bosses and that shield lady and they just keep on making improvements to the main game and supporting new platforms

those bastards

The CEO of the original publisher was a fan of alliteration and forced Larian to change the title from Divinity: The Sword of Lies to it's current title Divine Divinity.
oh didn't know there was a story behind it

that's actually pretty interesting

i guess it worked out since iirc divine divinity was pretty successful?

JaseC

i thought that a "You already own this game" means is a valid key or say that even if is already redeemed?

You only get the dupe error if the key is tied to a game you don't own and it has already been used. I wish Valve would swap the two errors around or even just combine them in cases where they're both applicable.

Activate on Steam and start pre-loading. Good Luck:)
ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Alpha -- MB-6DB0BF7731B8AC8B - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.

t1414641125z1.png

The CEO of the original publisher was a fan of alliteration and forced Larian to change the title from Divinity: The Sword of Lies to it's current title Divine Divinity.

That's pretty funny. I mean, the least they could have done was something that made no since like, I don't know, Divinity Divide or Divine Divergence or something. Divine Divinty is just silly.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of divinity i'm really disappointed with how few mods there are for original sin

game looks like it could reach crazy greatness with some modding

Ozium

is that slaughtering grounds game just a webgame? or do you get a steam code but need unity web pooper?

I'm afraid of ubisoft trojan horses

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tempted to say this one because it makes me cringe every time I read it.

LOLDS.gif

It's tagline was "If you think this game is boring, you are boring."

It actually got really weird reviews, I remember Game Informer and others game it 1s while GamePro and a few others gave it 4/5.

The most cringeworthy title I can think of is probably "Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder." What a terrible title.

Ozium

The undisputed king of awful game titles is still Infinite Undiscovery.

I see people say this is a bad name but why?

The daodejing teaches us that we must unlearn what we have learned.. this is what is meant by undiscovery. to experience this infinitely is the path to enlightenment...

well guys, its about to be 12am, I'm gonna go catch some sleep. I'll see you guys tomorrow. hopefully if there is a Halloween sale there something that catches my interest.

JaseC

well guys, its about to be 12am, I'm gonna go catch some sleep. I'll see you guys tomorrow. hopefully if there is a Halloween sale there something that catches my interest.

It's 13 hours away. The Halloween Sale just replaces the usual Weekend Deal setup.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
oh didn't know there was a story behind it

that's actually pretty interesting

i guess it worked out since iirc divine divinity was pretty successful?

In the sense that Larian was able to find a publisher and continue making games, yes it was a moderate success. Beyond Divinity the follow up to Divine Divinity was a rushed title that was forced out of the door to save the company from closure. But since they launched their own digital distribution service, and put their game catalog on third party services like Steam they have had a much stabler financial situation. Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin which came after the service are the two titles that have had less publisher meddling and more developer freedom to innovate.

Sales numbers aside, Divine Divinity is also well regarded if standing in the shadow of Black Isle and early Bioware titles.

That's pretty funny. I mean, the least they could have done was something that made no since like, I don't know, Divinity Divide or Divine Divergence or something. Divine Divinty is just silly.

The head of Larian, Swen Vincke, didn't go into much detail of the events, but I imagine the CEO of the publisher had final say over the exact name.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Man trying to ask people over the Halloween thread spook up an avatar for me is hard. Not hit yet. :/ only 1 more day.

I think Yakkue has been nice enough to make avatars for other members. If you see her around, you might be able to ask her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

are there no picture where she doesnt have the fakest smile ive ever seen on a person? where she looks, I dont know, like a normal human being?

say what you want about seahorse, at least she looks normal and not like a robot trying to act like a human being for a photograph

Shadownet

Banned
she already looks fucking hideous as it is
are there no picture where she doesnt have the fakest smile ive ever seen on a person? where she looks, I dont know, like a normal human being?

say what you want about seahorse, at least she looks normal and not like a robot trying to act like a human being for a photograph
I'm not even sure if you're still trolling or not. But I'll humour you, here is a non smiling picture.

Fuck<3 you too

I think Yakkue has been nice enough to make avatars for other members. If you see her around, you might be able to ask her.
Good idea, she did helped me with my avatar before, so did Chariot and anteater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom