• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong jaws.
n8KMnNe.jpg

Jaw too sharp will not bang.

oipic

I'm glad I'm not still sporting that Jennifer Lawrence avatar today... that would have triggered some harsh critiques, I'm sure. SteamGAF is discerning!

Need a modern Cate Archer avatar, please Monolith - everyone concerned please sort out that license mess pronto, thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm glad I'm not still sporting that Jennifer Lawrence avatar today... that would have triggered some harsh critiques, I'm sure. SteamGAF is discerning!

Need a modern Cate Archer avatar, please Monolith - everyone concerned please sort out that license mess pronto, thanks.

the game we need but dont deserve :(

AHA-Lambda

What did Jennifer Lawrence do?

oipic

What did Jennifer Lawrence do?

What did Jennifer Lawrence do today?

Oh, nothing, today, as far as I'm aware... apologies for the confusion (no need to rush off to search for more pics etc) - it's just that backlash against Jen is all too common these days.

I had changed my avatar to JLaw just to be a little film-ish in the build up to the Oscars, and promptly received a couple of PMs from some haters (now both banned, funnily enough). She prompts strong reactions, seemingly.

Oh, nothing, today, as far as I'm aware... apologies for the confusion (no need to rush off to search for more pics etc) - it's just that backlash against Jen is all too common these days.

I had changed my avatar to JLaw just to be a little film-ish in the build up to the Oscars, and promptly received a couple of PMs from some haters (now both banned, funnily enough). She prompts strong reactions, seemingly.
I think she did good in American Hustle, but that movie is still awful.

Today is slow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think she did good in American Hustle, but that movie is still awful.

I feel she's been phoning it in for a few years, ever since she hit mainstream success. The nominations she earned for Winter's Bone were well-deserved; everything else... not so much.

Ozium

I feel she's been phoning it in for a few years, ever since she hit mainstream success. The nominations she earned for Winter's Bone were well-deserved; everything else... not so much.

after the fappening everything changed..

everything

Newblade

I got sent two codes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve (alpha) -- MB-1BF0EF10FC00F531 - Taken by wetflame

Sajjaja

Decided to play Dark Souls after I got it working good. Roll a sorcerer. Die twice in tutorial, no biggy. Make it to Lorderon, which is where the real fun begins.

Sit at bon fire. Can't leave. I'm stuck to it.

Prepare to die
of old age.

Decided to play Dark Souls after I got it working good. Roll a sorcerer. Die twice in tutorial, no biggy. Make it to Lorderon, which is where the real fun begins.

Sit at bon fire. Can't leave. I'm stuck to it.

Prepare to die
of old age.
The game actually saves if you alt-f4, IIRC. So no worries.

Shadownet

Banned

I'm not sure how I feel about JLaw. I don't hate her, I don't love her. I think she's a bit overrated sometimes. Like her acting aren't incredibly amazing, she just benefit really well from a good script and plot.

She's just there for me. She's like that dependable guy you always play CSGO with, you know he's not going to be top fragging every game, but yeah every once in a while he'll pull out some amazing moments or a great game because his teammate gave him the support he needed or pure dumb luck.

She's that dependable gal.
But people hates her sometimes because of her bubbly personality.

wait these three are sisters?!
Yup and there is an Olsen brother too.

Kevyt

Bioshock triple pack on Steam for $11, is it worth it even though I don't like first person shooters? The aesthetic of the first two don't really appeal to me... and well it's not like I don't first person shooters, it's just that they're not my cup of tea. Oh who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy it simply because of Troy Baker! lol...

Vibranium

Banned
Well, people were mixed on Infinite's shooting compared to the first two, I actually was kind of digging the gameplay of 1+2 more myself.The world is incredible, the selfish side of me wishes there was a Bioshock RPG along the lines of Deus Ex 1.

Great story too. I guess the action isn't bad though, some of the guns are really neat.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm finally playing a good chunk of divinity original sin and yeah, it's a pretty good game. i love how you're constantly using spells and other dumb shit to solve problems, really feels like you get to be creative when approaching things.

much like wasteland, tho, i find that interface gets in the way too much, specially inventory. keeping track of all the junk is pretty hard for me and i really don't enjoy juggling items from character to character

also i really wish the quickslots bar worked like in neverwinter nights with like holding shift/ctrl/alt rather than moving one at a time, specially since f and r just don't mesh well with my head.

and some other minor usability issues

still pretty cool, i like its humor and how empowering it is thanks to the amount of options you're presented with. moving boxes feels so good!

Yup and there is an Olsen brother too.
mindblowing

don't even know who she is but like i had erased the olsen twins from my mind like 10 years ago :I

The Kentucky Route Zero devs have put out another little side-story slice, Here and There Along the Echo.
cool, downloaded it

i still gotta play the other short story thingie

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
most big games recently have been great value for your buck, thats...nice

The Evil Within - 15+ hours at least
Styx - 15+ hours at least
Alien - 15-20 hours
Mordor - 25+ hours
Lords of the Fallen - 18+ is the word
Beyond Earth - Civ games are long as shit correct? Dont people play these games for 100+ hours?

earlier this year

Divinity - err fucking long, I know that at least
Wasteland 2 - same as Divinity
South Park - 20+ hours
Dark Souls 2 - 30+ hours, even more these days with DLC
Wolfenstein - 12+

even the upcoming ones really:

Unity - Ass Creed games are usually 20+ affairs
Far Cry 4 - Far Cry 3 was like 15+ or more for everything I believe?
GTA5 - 40+? 50+?
Advanced Warfare - err 5... but if you count multiplayer, probably add 100 on that or something.

Some would argue that hours isnt value, to which I would say "you are wrong sir / madam", but thats me :)

edit: forgot Dragon Age since its Origin, but thats probably another 40+ one. oh and Warlords of Draenor goes without saying if you play WoW

Dang, according to the CAG thread (re: Doujin Bundle 3), a Groupees employee apparently confirmed in the chat that World End Economica won't be in it. So we're back to square one with just Blazblue. Groupers also confirmed that it would be a tiered bundle: $1 for tier 1 and $4 for tier 2. (As always, the $2 preorder is for the whole bundle)

Edit: Duplicity is one of the games in the header image. It was previously in 2 Indiegala Monday bundles.

Dang, according to the CAG thread (re: Doujin Bundle 3), a Groupees employee apparently confirmed in the chat that World End Economica won't be in it. So we're back to square one with just Blazblue. Groupers also confirmed that it would be a tiered bundle: $1 for tier 1 and $4 for tier 2. (As always, the $2 preorder is for the whole bundle)

Preordered for $2, hope I get me some waifus.

zkylon

zkylewd
for me it's been dark souls 2 for almost 200 hours :p

so yea pretty great value

Some would argue that hours isnt value, to which I would say "you are wrong sir / madam", but thats me :)
i would totally argue for that

ubi games being the worst offenders in that they abuse your ocdness with neverending throwaway content which you can't resist because you're weak, weak

:(

Shadownet

Banned
mindblowing
don't even know who she is but like i had erased the olsen twins from my mind like 10 years ago :I

I know what you mean, luckily Elizabeth wasn't a child star like her sisters was so she grew up almost as normal as us. (except the fact where everyone recognized her as the girl who is the younger sister to the Olsen twins. But now she's hitting it big time with Godzilla and the Marvel movies.

Here are some good read since it surprised you. I promise there is no spider in the link. Here is another one.

I'm quite surprised at some of these as well.

JaseC

Bioshock triple pack on Steam for $11, is it worth it even though I don't like first person shooters? The aesthetic of the first two don't really appeal to me... and well it's not like I don't first person shooters, it's just that they're not my cup of tea. Oh who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy it simply because of Troy Baker! lol...

You're not going to enjoy the series if shooters aren't your thing. The games excel in neither combat nor role-playing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know what you mean, luckily Elizabeth wasn't a child star like her sisters was so she grew up almost as normal as us. (except the fact where everyone recognized her as the girl who is the younger sister to the Olsen twins. But now she's hitting it big time with Godzilla and the Marvel movies.

Here /URL] are some good read since it surprised you. I promise there is no spider in the link. [URL="http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/17-celebrities-you-had-no-idea-were-actually-related-to-each"]Here is another one.

I'm quite surprised at some of these as well.

i don't want to hurt your feelings

but i really don't care about her :p

was just surprised, that's it

sorry!

You're not going to enjoy the series if shooters aren't your thing. The games excel in neither combat nor role-playing.
well like, bioshock is complicated

like it's not really a shooter for people that like shooters. it's not that wolfenstein game or whatever

it's more like a survival horror/action thing that you play because of the story and general atmosphere and joy of exploration.

bio infinite is a lot more shooty than the first 2 tho

Rhaknar

sorry!

Loki-Oooh.gif

to keep with the Marvel theme :p

Where is dat Steam Sale Hype thread?
t1414688400z4.png

only the big summer/xmas sales get threads, not the smaller ones. This is probably just a weekend thing, not even 1 week? Not sure

BHK3

Banned
It's not. People get the same thing with gift copies earned from redeeming a four-pack key. The process just triggers the preliminary ACRTAG warning erroneously.

I assure you, it took me no more than five minutes, so my anecdote about my own personal experience is most certainly true.

I'll vouch for him, it took me an hour for it to get it set up and even then it either wouldn't work flat out or it would only work when I launched the server. I used an ancient version of motionjoy and its never steered me wrong until I switched to this, one day it just started working.

JaseC

I'll vouch for him, it took me an hour for it to get it set up and even then it either wouldn't work flat out or it would only work when I launched the server. I used an ancient version of motionjoy and its never steered me wrong until I switched to this, one day it just started working.

Re-read my post, please. I wasn't disagreeing that he was finding it hard; I was taking issue with the insinuation that I was lying. He even says in a later post that "[he finds] it hard to believe [me]".

Shadownet

Banned

sorry!

well like, bio is complicated

like it's not really a shooter for people that like shooters. it's not that wolfenstein game or something

it's more like a survival horror/action thing that you play because of the story and general atmosphere and joy of exploration.

bio infinite is a lot more shooty than the first 2 tho

Lol you don't have to apologize. The links I posted was about celebrities who are related to one another. It was surprising to find out who was related to who and I never even thought about it.

Edit: Reba Mcentire and Kelly Clark son are related.

Cruise isn't Tom last name. I guess we can't call him Cruise missile anymore.

Also I think BioShock is definitely worth playing. I liked it a lot. So is BioShock 2. Not sure how I feel about Infinite.

Rhaknar

I'm not disagreeing with the notion that he's not finding it as smooth as I did. I took issue with the fact he insinuated I was lying.

oi (see what I did there?)

did you finish Styx yet, and are you killing fools with your dagger? dont pull a Turfster on me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom