• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the latest nvidia drivers Alien Isolation keeps freezing for me at a load screen :(

Hope nvidia releases fixed drivers soon, or something :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well like, bioshock is complicated

like it's not really a shooter for people that like shooters. it's not that wolfenstein game or whatever

it's more like a survival horror/action thing that you play because of the story and general atmosphere and joy of exploration.

bio infinite is a lot more shooty than the first 2 tho

Yeah, but he said the aesthetic doesn't interest him, which leaves the minute-to-minute gameplay.

Miguel81

most big games recently have been great value for your buck, thats...nice

The Evil Within - 15+ hours at least
Styx - 15+ hours at least
Alien - 15-20 hours
Mordor - 25+ hours
Lords of the Fallen - 18+ is the word
Beyond Earth - Civ games are long as shit correct? Dont people play these games for 100+ hours?

I've gotten 30+ out of Alien Iso. That game is of great value if it's your style.

I guess DreadOut will really be on sale today.

https://twitter.com/dreadoutgame

oS0BoAl.jpg

They also released this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU8IooUSfo4

That one will be so bought! Fatal Frame-like and all that jazz.

Vuze

Bioshock Infinite was one of the least enjoyable FPS I've played in a while, for me atleast. Not a huge fan of FPS anyway but I was totally digging Call of Juarez and also had quite a bit of fun with Titanfall, so it's not like I totally hate the genre. But Infinites neverending enemy waves made me use a one-shot kill cheat after a while, so boring. Liked the setting and artstyle tho, I should give Bioshock 1 and 2 a chance sometime, maybe the gameplay is a little less tedious there.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hope that "sorry" at the end make up for the dickish reply.
aw cmon!

wasn't trying to be mean :/

Lol you don't have to apologize. The links I posted was about celebrities who are related to one another. It was surprising to find out who was related to who and I never even thought about it.
see ppl? no harm done!

tbh i don't really care for celebrity talk so u know

i do like recording gifs of zooey deschanel doing zooey deschanel stuff

edit on your edit: you're fuckign weird

Also I think BioShock is definitely worth playing. I liked it a lot. So is BioShock 2. Not sure how I feel about Infinite.
for sure, imo all three are worth playing

infinite is prolly the weakest since the gameplay never ends up being actually too much fun but the story and world are definitely worth living

while i love the idea of ken levine finally going back to something less humongous and being able to dedicate his awesome mind to create smaller, more ambitious things with maybe gameplay in them, i'm really gonna miss this weird thing we got of publishers actually giving him hundreds of millions of dollars to realize his worlds in super high resolution

but i bet whatever he makes in pixelart or unity or whatever will be pretty awesome too

Yeah, but he said the aesthetic doesn't interest him, which leaves the minute-to-minute gameplay.
yeah i mean if aesthetic (lore+presentation+story) doesn't interest you then you shouldn't be playing bioshock

there's very little outside of it.

like, i really like the looting with respawning enemies and conservating ammo gameplay loop thingie from the first two but gunplay aged really poorly

DocSeuss

Bioshock Infinite was one of the least enjoyable FPS I've played in a while, for me atleast. Not a huge fan of FPS anyway but I was totally digging Call of Juarez and also had quite a bit of fun with Titanfall, so it's not like I totally hate the genre. But Infinites neverending enemy waves made me use a one-shot kill cheat after a while, so boring. Liked the setting and artstyle tho, I should give Bioshock 1 and 2 a chance sometime, maybe the gameplay is a little less tedious there.

Bioshock 2 is fantastic, Bioshock 1 is less so but has great atmosphere.

zkylon

zkylewd
you should, both are a lot more fun than infinite

the first two games have more nonlinear exploration sections (which are great) and have a bit of "stealth" to them. they also have less annoying enemy types

still not amazing shooters or whatever but very enjoyable if you can just focus on the presentation

yeah right. Here, have a couple of spiders, im not trying to be mean either
i love spiderman!

can't believe i haven't watched amazing spiderman 2 yet

was that one as terrible as the first one?

The damn internet, and lack of facial and tonal evaluation.
people should always just read my posts as if they were spoken by my avatar

then they'll never be confused

then they'll know i'm out for their blood

Uuuuuugh it's looking more and more like when my PSU crapped out, it took my CPU with it. Guess my PC will be out of commission much longer than I originally thought.

Miguel81

Uuuuuugh it's looking more and more like when my PSU crapped out, it took my CPU with it. Guess my PC will be out of commission much longer than I originally thought.

Sorry for your loss, and hope you get back in the game soon. That makes weary of continuing on with my 4+ year old PSU. Really should snag a decent one when Newegg have their next sale.

Ok I've just learned today that Elizabeth is not one of the twins, they're like clones, and I wouldn't detest the world taken over by Olsen clones.

I'm playing Witcher, the journal kept telling me to party hard, even though the music and voice acting made me feel like I'm just investigating a murder while being drunk.

Shadownet

Banned
see ppl? no harm done!

tbh i don't really care for celebrity talk so u know
i do like recording gifs of zooey deschanel doing zooey deschanel stuff
edit on your edit: you're fucking weird

for sure, imo all three are worth playing

infinite is prolly the weakest since the gameplay never ends up being actually too much fun but the story and world are definitely worth living.
If you like Zooey, did you know her older sister Emily is the star of the TV Show Bones?
Zooey also guest starred on the show once. It was really funny. :) you should check it out.

Also I deserved what zkylon said since I've been a bit mean to her in the past, teasing her about spider stuff. Which I won't do anymore out of the respect for her phobia.

Also yes, Amazing Spider-man 2 isn't that much better than the 1st one. To be honest. Sony should give Spidey back to Marvel. They know what they're doing. And Fox should do the same after Age of Apocalypse. I wanna see Spidey and Wolverine with the Avengers.

I like BioShock 1 & 2 more than Infinite because of the atmosphere. It was great because of the horror and the dead city of Rapture. While I appreciate the story of Infinite, it was just missing the scary, suspense element that was in the first two games.

And its surprising to see that a few people didn't know Elizabeth isn't one of the twins. Lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok I've just learned today that Elizabeth is not one of the twins, they're like clones, and I wouldn't detest the world taken over by Olsen clones.

I'm playing Witcher, the journal kept telling me to party hard, even though the music and voice acting made me feel like I'm just investigating a murder while being drunk.
sounds like witcha alright

If you like Zooey, did you know her older sister Emily is the star of the TV Show Bones?
Zooey also guest starred on the show once. It was really funny. :) you should check it out.
nah i think bones is pretty crap :p

Also I deserved what zkylon said since I've been a bit mean to her in the past, teasing her about spider stuff. Which I won't do anymore out of the respect for her phobia.
but i didn't say anything -_-

Also yes, Amazing Spider-man 2 isn't that much better than the 1st one. To be honest.
sucks

my dad is crazy for the spiderman movies so we always go and watch it at a theatre but like spiderman 2 came just after my baby brother was born so we couldn't find the time

prolly for the best since we didn't like the first new spiderman movie

I like BioShock 1 & 2 more than Infinite because of the atmosphere. It was great because of the horror and the dead city of Rapture. While I appreciate the story of Infinite, it was just missing the scary, suspense element that was in the first two games.
yeah i mean you're not alone on that but again, hard not to recommend any of them since they're all so unique in gaming

all dystopias worth living

Witcher quest problem:
I got the food for the party, but the grandma downstairs kpet booting me out of the house, all I can do is to wait it out?

zkylon

zkylewd
Witcher quest problem:
I got the food for the party, but the grandma downstairs kpet booting me out of the house, all I can do is to wait it out?
i think you can bribe her or give her booze? that works for most people

i think she's kinda bugged tho so don't try making too much conversation with her

i think you can bribe her or give her booze? that works for most people

i think she's kinda bugged tho so don't try making too much conversation with her
Walking into the house automatically triggered a cutescene, the old hag told me I'm drunk and get out.

looks weird to me ... not nearly cinematic enough
Yeah, gotta agree.
It looks really strange, as if it's playing in double-speed, it's got a bit of a soap opera effect going on that makes the quality of the video drastically worse when viewed in 60FPS, hopefully YouTube doesn't keep this change.

sarcasm

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylon hurting my feeling since October 2014. RIP. :(
I don't even wanna know how you feel about Supernatural, Criminal Minds, That 70's Show and Smallville. :'(
i literally dislike every single one of those shows :p (weird selection btw)

i mean i don't think they're bad, they just don't interest me. also i have friends that won't stop talking about supernatural and keep telling me about the same episodes over and over. it gets annoying

The best dystopia that made me feel giddy every time is Fallout 3. Since I live in the area where the location is based on. I love it.
yea i bet that's actually pretty cool

fallout's america is not a dystopia tho, maybe more militarized than you'd think healthy and one or two crazy nationwide social experiments but other than that it's pretty much regular america, just funnier

Walking into the house automatically triggered a cutescene, the old hag told me I'm drunk and get out.
oh yea

def not be drunk when going into shani's house

old lady doesn't like that

use the hangover potion to cure your drunkness. forgot how it's called

(also maybe if she kicks you out for being a drunk she may get bugged and never let you in again or something. that old lady is really annoying lol)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has Facepunch been made private? Was always a good source for Steam/Valve related things.

You just need to be logged in, unless the site no longer accepts new registrations, in which case yes.

Edit: It's still possible to register. (Am I blind or is there no way to log out? I had to delete the site's cookies.)

Shadownet

Banned
i literally dislike every single one of those shows :p (weird selection btw)

i mean i don't think they're bad, they just don't interest me. also i have friends that won't stop talking about supernatural and keep telling me about the same episodes over and over. it gets annoying

yea i bet that's actually pretty cool

fallout's america is not a dystopia tho, maybe more militarized than you'd think healthy and one or two crazy nationwide social experiments but other than that it's pretty much regular america, just funnier.
I can agree with you that most Supernatural episode are more or less the same. Its really the brothers that keep me hooked on the show more than anything.

I would explain to you why my selection is so weird but I'm sure you wouldn't care.

What are some of your favorite shows?

Also yeah America is pretty strange in some places. I feel like we're one or two major events away from having some town deciding to not communicate with anyone and block themselves off from the world... Oh wait.. We have those here already. The polygamy communities.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can agree with you that most Supernatural episode are more or less the same. Its really the brothers that keep me hooked on the show more than anything.

I would explain to you why my selection is so weird but I'm sure you wouldn't care.

What are some of your favorite shows?
uhh i dunno i don't really watch that much people tv. i liked the wire and twin peaks and stuff, but mostly anime i guess

in general i don't like tv shows too much cos they're too much time. like knowing that something lasts like 5 seasons or something, ughh

i used to watch lots of grey's anatomy tho lol

Shadownet

Banned
uhh i dunno i don't really watch that much people tv. i liked the wire and twin peaks and stuff, but mostly anime i guess

in general i don't like tv shows too much cos they're too much time. like knowing that something lasts like 5 seasons or something, ughh

i used to watch lots of grey's anatomy tho lol
I really really need to watch Twin Peaks. So many people been telling me to do it. I've been watching more anime than before. Been getting some good recommendation. Back then all I watched was everything FMA related and Eyeshield 21.

Lol I'll let you in on something... I used to watch Grey's too. But because I was really intrigued by some of the episodes. A lot of the cases on there are pretty awesome. Its the same reason why I watch Criminal Minds and House too. For the cases mostly. Haven't seen Grey's in 3-4 years now.

though I did cried my eyes out when Danny died. That was sad, and the guy that played Danny also played the father in Supernatural.

Vuze

Dang, Farming Sim 2015 is live now if the Steam twitter is right.
I don't need it
I don't need it
I don't need it

Can anyone pinpoint the problem with my PC? It was working perfectly but when i turned it on today the monitor wouldn't recognize it. Then when i tried to turn the PC off using the power button nothing would happen leading me to use the power switch in the wall socket.

Any ideas?

You just need to be logged in, unless the site no longer accepts new registrations, in which case yes.

Edit: It's still possible to register. (Am I blind or is there no way to log out? I had to delete the site's cookies.)

I see, should make an account then.

There is a new Alan Wake game coming out isn't it? Are we hype GAF? Is this going to be a full $60 game or a $15 one?

No.

MQX

Dang, according to the CAG thread (re: Doujin Bundle 3), a Groupees employee apparently confirmed in the chat that World End Economica won't be in it. So we're back to square one with just Blazblue. Groupers also confirmed that it would be a tiered bundle: $1 for tier 1 and $4 for tier 2. (As always, the $2 preorder is for the whole bundle)

Edit: Duplicity is one of the games in the header image. It was previously in 2 Indiegala Monday bundles.

So you're saying that if I pre-order this bundle for $2, i'll have the whole bundle(all the Tier games)? O:

Really tempting to pre-order
and waste some money on
the Doujin Bundle :X.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah twin peaks kind of goes weird in season 2 but season 1 is the best shit ever, specially if you liked david lynch already.

and i don't think an alan wake 2 is gonna happen for a while, unfortunately

Miguel81

There is a new Alan Wake game coming out isn't it? Are we hype GAF? Is this going to be a full $60 game or a $15 one?

I wasn't aware of any new Alan Wake. But you should watch Twin Peaks, as I'm watching Korra because of your recommendation(Book 2, Chapter 4 so far). It's a very good show and Korra is a great protagonist with some actual depth to her character. James Remar(Dexter's Father) voices her Dad, which is pretty rad.

Shadownet

Banned
There isn't ç_ç

Not until they finish with Quantum Break, at least.

And you should really, really watch Twin Peaks
Yeah I should watch Twin Peaks before I start watching Arrow. Man I'm behind on a lot of good shows.

Don't mention Quantum Break. That and Sunset Overdrive just make me wanna run out and buy an Xbone right now.

Please come to PC guys. We want you. So bad.

Oh wait am I mistaking it for something else?? I swore I thought it was a new Alan Wake game... Wait.. Then what did lashman posted today? o_O

I wasn't aware of any new Alan Wake. But you should watch Twin Peaks, as I'm watching Korra because of your recommendation(Book 2, Chapter 4 so far). It's a very good show and Korra is a great protagonist with some actual depth to her character. James Remar(Dexter's Father) voices her Dad, which is pretty rad.
Apparently most people says that Book 2 is the weakest of all 4 Books so far. But I didn't see it. I thought all 4 Books were pretty amazing. But I could see why people didn't like Book 2. Have fun though! :D

Kaleinc

Banned
When my PSU was dying it just made the PC reboot. I waited several months to replace it but other hardware wasn't damaged luckily.

Derp

At EB Games (Australian GameStop) right now. You 'Muricans are missing out on some seriously amazing deals...

KKTmDt9

zP52JE8

(Note it's pre-owned...) This is a steal and a half.

This has been your daily deal supply, brought to you by Derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom