• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Apparently most people says that Book 2 is the weakest of all 4 Books so far. But I didn't see it. I thought all 4 Books were pretty amazing. But I could see why people didn't like Book 2. Have fun though! :D

I don't see anything wrong with Season 2 except it's a little more slapstick in humor. I'll have to wait till December for Book 3(Blu ray) :(

Bluth54

Don't mention Quantum Break. That and Sunset Overdrive just make me wanna run out and buy an Xbone right now.

Please come to PC guys. We want you. So bad.

Sunset Overdrive has already had some hints that it's coming to PC, I wouldn't be surprised if it does in a year or so like other Xbone games.

As far as I know there have been no hints that Quantum Break will come to PC (and I believe Microsoft owns the IP unlike Alan Wake) but I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually makes its way to PC in a year or two. Microsoft doesn't seem too concerned about PC ports for most of it's games and Remedy really loves the PC platform.

zkylon

zkylewd
there really should be an alan wake 2

last time i heard finland is in a similar situation to poland in that budgets aren't too bloated so they could really make an amazing game if they focused their design on a linear thing rather than all that open world craziness

like alan wake 1 itself is pretty good, just needs a few tweaks, a bit more enemy variety, some better pacing, maybe removing all the hilariously out of place driving sections, but it's a overall solid game

if sam lake managed to breathe some life into alan wake the character for a sequel the result would be pretty amazing.

edit: also yea don't be a dumbo and go watch twin peaks.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, I may be the first telling you this, but you kinda should watch Twin Peaks, like, right now.
Lol if I have to listen to someone it has to be you of course. But yeah I promise I'll watch at least an episode tomorrow and I'll write a short impression on it for you guys.

Good thing I'm good at judgling multiple TV shows at once. I can catch up on Bones and start Twin Peaks. I guess Arrow will have to wait.. Like maybe 2 weeks Lol. I watch TV shows really quick. I finished 3 seasons of Korra in like less than 2 weeks.

I don't see anything wrong with Season 2 except it's a little more slapstick in humor. I'll have to wait till December for Book 3(Blu ray) :(
people hated Season 2 cause of the villain, he was a bit boring to them.
after you finish season 2, I'd like to hear what you think about it.

Also I was mistaken it was not Alan Wake. But Alone in the Dark. That's the new one coming out. I always has those two mixed up. My apology.

Tellaerin

lol that picture's hilarious

poor tallarin

As licensed games go, I really enjoyed Tron: Evolution. That said, the expression on Quorra's face in that screenshot was pretty much the same one I had on my face when I saw that character model. >_<

I'd prefer to think of Olivia looking like this.

olivia-wilde-775tkeu.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
it's the perfect time too

what with the new season thing coming out next year or something

As licensed games go, I really enjoyed Tron: Evolution. That said, the expression on Quorra's face in that screenshot was pretty much the same one I had on my face when I saw that character model. >_<

I'd prefer to think of Olivia looking like this.
i feel that your quoting and imagelinking deserves a talk from mrorange

learn to bbcode damn it!!

Shadownet

Banned
I'm gonna up the ante saying Twin Peaks > CS:GO.
Like, Shadow: next time Animlboogie invites you to join, you politely decline and start buffering the motherfucking Twin Peaks pilot.
Whoa whoa hold on there buddy.. I still need my CSGO intervention party before what you're demanding me is a possibility. Lol its an addiction man.

Also I've been meaning to ask GAF this.

What is one of the best optimized game for Steam and what is one of the worst. In your opinion?

Tellaerin

it's the perfect time too

what with the new season thing coming out next year or something

i feel that your quoting and hotlinking deserves a talk from mrorange

learn to bbcode damn it!!

Bah, pasted the wrong link from my uploads. :p Oh, and I missed a bracket.

Anteater

risk of rain is kind of hard, was at 15minutes and shit wouldn't stop spawning and I kind of just got of tired as that sandworm was taking forever to kill with like too many things on screen I have to avoid/shoot/slice

shit was fucked up

and that's like the first level or some shit

zkylon

zkylewd
Bah, pasted the wrong link from my uploads. :p
i like her better in that tron gif. i love what she does with her eyes

but yeah that's a good look :p

Whoa whoa hold on there buddy.. I still need my CSGO intervention party before what you're demanding me is a possibility. Lol its an addiction man.

What is one of the best optimized game for Steam and what is one of the worst. In your opinion?
saints row 2 is pretty bad

also gta 4

tho i'm not sure if i understood the theme of "worst optimized for steam"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has the changes to the Steam Discussion area been discussed yet? Valve renamed it to the Steam forums and added a new column for featured Steam group discussions.

I wonder if SPUF will finally be archived. That was the intention way back when Steam Community hubs launched, but Valve changed its mind and left the forums open.

Late edit: Oh, there has been no title change. ;)

oipic

Dang, Farming Sim 2015 is live now if the Steam twitter is right.

I don't need it

Famous last words, Vuze. :)

(most commonly followed by the clicking of 'add to cart')

Aaron D, drop in and let us know if you're okay - your enthusiasm for FS15 may ultimately be the factor that finally sucks me into this series, given you're a fellow ETS2 man of clearly impeccable taste.

Ozium

risk of rain is kind of hard, was at 15minutes and shit wouldn't stop spawning and I kind of just got of tired as that sandworm was taking forever to kill with like too many things on screen I have to avoid/shoot/slice

shit was fucked up

and that's like the first level or some shit

the dev broke the game in the latest patch it's not supposed to be THAT hard

Copons

(totally my opinion, no tech knowledge whatsoever)

Best is Burnout Paradise.
I played it on my crappy old MacBook Pro, and it run at smooth >50 fps with high-highest details. It was unbelievable how good it run, when I struggled to maintain a fair framerate for even the dumbest indies around.

Worst may be Deadly Premonition?
One of the dozen times I reinstalled it, I tried launching it without DPfix: it started at 1280x720 windowed, rocking a super stable 12 fps.
My 780 was like:
Bapuf8x.gif

I wonder if SPUF will finally be archived. That was the intention way back when Steam Community hubs launched, but Valve changed its mind and left the forums open.

I know it still has that part at the top, but I am pretty sure that the part that I screenshotted referred to the list as Steam Discussions a few days ago.

And I also think that they are getting rid of the SPUF finally.

bjaelke

Spare key for the PC version
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-14F1F785934D7492 - Taken by BHK3

Subject16

Here are some spare Steam keys from me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Subject16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Big Alpha Steam Key #1 -- MB-415350564A2BC28F - Taken by Monosukoi. 7 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha Steam Key #2 -- MB-6FF9E63E3E87ADAF - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha Steam Key #3 -- MB-F1C49A00C11D6C97 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 2 entrants total.

t1414671066z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
uhh i dunno i don't really watch that much people tv. i liked the wire and twin peaks and stuff, but mostly anime i guess

in general i don't like tv shows too much cos they're too much time. like knowing that something lasts like 5 seasons or something, ughh

i used to watch lots of grey's anatomy tho lol

You, and everyone else in this thread for the matter, should watch Hannibal.

Shadownet

Banned
Just found my Halloween avatar thanks to Yakkue. <3 She even made me one for next year as well.

It was hard to fit the entire picture into the avatar given GAF requirements but here is the full picture.

Arthea

Signed up for the doujin bundle.

Arthea, if you can't sign in tomorrow I'll gift you it.

aww, thanks, that's so nice.

groupees works again like nothing happened, I got doujin bundle preorder
I'll laugh so hard, when after all trouble I went through to get it, it will be awful. (><)
I've learnt that groupees support is a younger lost brother of steam support, good to know I guess

in other news I got into evolve, so 100% guarantee was true, most likely.

edited: ya, I see it was true, by amount of evolve posts (><)

edit2: everybody should watch Twin Peaks, for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom