• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

Wow, Didgio customer service were quick - they replied to my message within half an hour. They're looking into my missing Steam key problem now.

Lain

I won't use it so here's my Evolve Big Alpha code.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-301A7F1B39627FBF - Taken by rostocker. 7 entrants total.

t1414672266z1.png

Games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-6D8DE158D85A45AC - Taken by Sendou
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-71DD300DF0BABA43 - Taken by Lain
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves -- MB-38559006D3F62AE3 - Taken by Messiah

Echoplx

What game is it?

Edit: Oh, the Beyond Earth demo. Just a sec.

Edit edit: Yeah, it's stuck for me, too.

Edit edit edit: Ah, I see the issue. It's the apostrophe "Sid Meier's". Remove that and you're golden.

Code:
javascript:RemoveFreeLicense( 50705, 'Sid Meiers Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo' );

Thanks Jase, that worked.

Ozium

saxton pls

edit:
oh shiiiiiiiiiiii it was sent like 2 and half hours ago but didn't show up until I hit 'all mail' and I tried searching but it was sent from didgio or whatever didgeridoo..

how do I repent to the great nation of Australia?

Very tempting. There any word on the price yet?

I'm guessing $15 like the others. But unlike the GOG release you get the benefits of an essentially fully modded IWD without the time spent doing it yourself plus some much MUCH improved netcode via Steamworks. I guess I'll repost the Game Night post while I'm at it.

Calling all cars calling all cars, I'll be looking for 5 intrepid adventurers to journey with me through the harrowing depths of the Dale's deepest darkest tombs starting Friday evening after release. PM me to join up with IWD-GAF today! EDIT: In my narcotics fueled post-operative stupor I forgot that this was originally the same time as Thursday night football and my Saints are playing. So I've pushed this back a day (also since there doesn't seem to be much interest yet anyway)

t1414800000z2.png

Our brave heroes:
1. CrunchyFrog

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm guessing $15 like the others. But unlike the GOG release you get the benefits of an essentially fully modded IWD without the time spent doing it yourself plus some much MUCH improved netcode via Steamworks. I guess I'll repost the Game Night post while I'm at it.

What game are you talking about? What's IWD or the Dale? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Arthea

how do we know which games have Halloween events or Halloween stuff added, especially if timed. There has to be an easy way to find out, no?

Durante, while you're here...
Is it me, or is FF13's fight system pretty much like a hyper-fast, hyper-explosive, seizure-inducing version of Infinity engine games fight system?
I know you haven't asked me, but I'm really curious how you came to this conclusion. In my eyes these has nothing in common, more or less.

Durante

Durante, while you're here...
Is it me, or is FF13's fight system pretty much like a hyper-fast, hyper-explosive, seizure-inducing version of Infinity engine games fight system?
Not in the least.

A primary element which makes Infinity engine battles tactical and interesting is meaningful party positioning and the subsequent strategizing about ranges and area effects. In FF13 you have no control over positioning.

OlliOlli is hard, but I think I may be making it more harder than it need to be by not playing with a controller. Does it automatically recognize a DS3?

nja

Neo Member
For some reason i got two emails with keys for evolve and one is used by me but i can't remember which one. Just make sure to get both keys to try it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for nja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve -- MB-C8E6C39539449ED5 - Taken by Gipsy Danger
Evolve #2 -- MB-235B6A70F707C60F - Taken by agniswarm

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Evolve was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Evolve #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Knurek

I know you haven't asked me, but I'm really curious how you came to this conclusion. In my eyes these has nothing in common, more or less.

1. Realtime with pause, with semi-direct control over party.
2. Mages rule the day here and there, especially mages with AoE/debuff skills.
3. Press A to Awesome, known from another, well known Bioware game
Alt 3. Bored at work

Durante

1. Realtime with pause, with semi-direct control over party.
But that's just completely wrong. In FF13 you have no pause, and you have no control at all over your party. In IE games, you can pause at any time, and have full control over your entire party (what's "semi" about it?).

Most IE battles are about controlling space and movement to your advantage.
FF13 battles are about switching your character classes on the fly to match the state of the battle.

What game are you talking about? What's IWD or the Dale? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Only one of the best combat focused CRPG's ever, now in modern day multiplayer accessible form. I find IWD lends itself better to multiplayer than Baldur's Gate with the significantly less "chosen one" hero focused story and a lot more just open ended side quests and dungeon crawling type stuff. Plus the artistic work they do with the seemingly limited icy tundra theming is just fantastic. Join us, join us, join us.

agniswarm

Banned
Skyrim..!! enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (agniswarm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V -- MB-A05EA6BFD6F06AD3 - Taken by tioslash. 13 entrants total.

t1414675746z1.png

Durante

Only one of the best combat focused CRPG's ever, now in modern day multiplayer accessible form. I find IWD lends itself better to multiplayer than Baldur's Gate with the significantly less "chosen one" hero focused story and a lot more just open ended side quests and dungeon crawling type stuff. Plus the artistic work they do with the seemingly limited icy tundra theming is just fantastic. Join us, join us, join us.
Absolutely. I did a full coop playthrough of IWD + expansions earlier this year (over ~4 months) and had a blast.

Images!

Knurek

But that's just completely wrong. In FF13 you have no pause, and you have no control at all over your party. In IE games, you can pause at any time, and have full control over your entire party (what's "semi" about it?).

Must have remembered wrong, it's been decades since I've played them and for some reason I remembered them as being more FF12 like - setting roles for your party and having them take actions independently. :)

Also, doesn't enemy info screen in FF13 count as a pause?

Alavard

Well, I finished up Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut last night. Or rather, I couldn't get any further in the game due to crashes (but at least DPfix got me that far!), so I watched the second half in LPs on Youtube.

Overall, super impressed by the story, super impressed by the potential, but not quite as impressed by the execution.

Now I need to find something else to play for Halloween.

Durante

Must have remembered wrong, it's been decades since I've played them and for some reason I remembered them as being more FF12 like - setting roles for your party and having them take actions independently. :)
That's probably fine in most battles if you play them on normal or lower difficulty settings.
Like a chump.
If you really play them it's like I described ;)

Also, doesn't enemy info screen in FF13 count as a pause?
The whole point of pausing in IE games is to have time to give detailed orders to each party member, so I don't think so.

BruteUA

I'm a bit bummed out, I usually have a lot of fun with Scream Fortress. But this year's, I played for about 20 minutes and I think I'm done. The map is sorta meh. The bumper cars are fun until you've played each of the 3 variants. But the worst part is that there's no gift spawns. You get six Halloween items then that's it unless you want to buy the crates. I'm sure there's a ton of people that will happily drop a ton of cash on them, but I do miss the old way of running around the map like a madman trying to find the spawned gift before someone kills you and it expires. Oh well.

On the plus side, instead of two weeks of Team Fortress, for Halloween I can play the Alien I won from jshackles' Extra Life campaign.

Tizoc

Durante, control in FF13 is rather speculative IMO.

What you have control of is the flow of battle, or rather what roles the characters battle as during fights. You have a modicum of control over the Leader in that you can stop their ATB action at any time and prepare them for another set of actions.
The main control you have is done via Paradigm Shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom