• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I set up some additional caching mechanisms on Enhanced Steam's servers this morning in anticipation of the Halloween sale starting. Even though it's traditionally been a "small" sale, it'll be a good test in the run up to the Autumn and Winter sales later this year.

What this means for the users is that the data returned by Enhanced Steam's API server may be up to 30 minutes or so behind "live" data. For the most part you shouldn't see a difference, but the price history might be behind / slow to update, and the concurrent user data might be slightly off. Hopefully nothing major, and with any luck this will help our servers to keep from crashing when everyone hits them at once.

Please don't crash please don't crash please don't crash

Kiru

Anyone knows if go2arena is a trustable seller ? They have Sacred 3 First Edition 82% off > 8.99€ here. I'm not interested in the game, just helping someone out who might be and is looking for a good deal (heard the game is nearly total crap)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone knows if go2arena is a trustable seller ? They have Sacred 3 First Edition 82% off > 8.99€ here. I'm not interested in the game, just helping someone out who might be and is looking for a good deal (heard the game is nearly total crap)

It isn't officially affiliated with any publishers.

Edit: Rebellion posted a list of digital retailers it sends Sniper Elite 3 keys to. If the store you're eyeing isn't listed, there's a good chance it's just reselling retail keys.

Hey, stupid question (which will be asked quite some times I guess during sale or was already :/ ).

With the no-gifting tag automatically being on now, will games during haloween sale have the tag as well? Or does it only concern new releases? Or do games during big sales get new subs which will have the tag?

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

teleglitch 2 -- MB-B96DD5945CFB9A3B
Tower of Guns -- MB-010C9BA9CBC2A96F - Taken by Majukun
risk of rain 3- -- MB-69706A0591E9E371
olliolli -- MB-65F6A6294845A805 - Taken by freshVeggie
risk of rain 7- -- MB-533182D61E67E7B2
risk of rain 6- -- MB-21B7A80342AAA2FE
risk of rain 4- -- MB-DF6F48BB2E72599D
teleglitch -- MB-3C683B5EAE321DD9
risk of rain 2 -- MB-163D3130FFE97C1C
risk of rain 5- -- MB-557E793196CF1B55
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-56F7AEE831CB07B3 - Taken by RyanPierre
risk of rain 1- -- MB-C9AF0D9AABAA62BA

have fun yall

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-10-30_17-19-18.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey, stupid question (which will be asked quite some times I guess during sale or was already :/ ).

With the no-gifting tag automatically being on now, will games during haloween sale have the tag as well? Or does it only concern new releases? Or do games during big sales get new subs which will have the tag?

You should be safe on anything besides new releases. Unless the publishers of old releases sign in and specifically block it for their games.

For best results, Enhanced Steam will tell you if a particular game has the tag on.

Only new releases or special situations where the pub applied it.

JaseC

The change to the tag being applied by default apparently only affects apps that were uploaded ~mid-September or later.

Kiru

It isn't officially affiliated with any publishers.

Edit: Rebellion posted a list of digital retailers it sends Sniper Elite 3 keys to. If the store you're eyeing isn't listed, there's a good chance it's just reselling retail keys.
Ok good to know. Their site says this in their FAQ:
YOUR COMPANY HAS VERY LOW PRICES. HOW CAN I BE SURE THIS IS NOT A SCAM?

We have excellent business relations with our partners. That is why our prices are so competitive, and we can offer games at much lower prices than their distributors. If you buy at our webstore, you can be 100% sure you buy a valid and legal key.

Who knows what kind of partners they talk about... :D

Alright, thanks guys.

Btw, I asked two times but didn't get any answer. So this will be the last time - I promise
I don't actually

Is Rage+Scorchers DLC region-free (buyable from Russia)?
I tried solving it on my own by looking through subs on SteamDB. My verdict was not locked. Did I do right?

GaussTek

Zeboyd doing the VC port?

http://i.imgur.com/kz6cjQ1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nah, he just likes RPG games :P

BTW, some spares including an Evolve Alpha Key:

[QUOTE=ModBot]
[b]Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=253996]ModBot[/url] with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? [url=http://abload.de/img/howtoclaim.gif.gif1vlh0.gif]Watch this GIF tutorial[/url] or ask for help.

[b]ModBot Basics:[/b]
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

[url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/234390][img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/234390/header_292x136.jpg[/url]
Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-B00A43C925EDF6AE - Taken by Varg
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-6903068A17DB7176
Realms Of The Haunting -- MB-ED9712AC6B40E9AA - Taken by Darth Kupi

Nabs

Zeboyd doing the VC port?

kz6cjQ1.png

He got the press release:

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES™ ANNOUNCES ITSELF FOR PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, SEGA FOLLOW UP WITH PRE-ORDER DETAILS

In the words of series’ favorite, Aika Thompson, “we’re just getting warmed up!” If you saw the news on twitter on Monday night, which saw ‘Valkyria Chronicles™’ trending worldwide, you’ll know that some eagle-eyed reporters spotted Valkyria Chronicles listed for PC on PEGI’s website. Well, we were going to tell you all about it tomorrow, but we have all the details for pre-ordering and content available at launch right here, right now.

In Valkyria Chronicles, for those who don’t know, players embark on an epic adventure through beautiful environments and battle legions of troops to save the small country of Gallia from total destruction. Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe on the verge of a great war. The game follows Welkin and his fellow soldiers of the Federation’s 7th Platoon that are fighting against the Empire, who is intent on unifying the continent under its power. The emergence of the “Valkyria”- an ancient race with special powers thought to exist only in legends, turns the tide of the war and the Federation’s ability to win and a hope for a better future hangs in the balance.

This Strategy RPG was a critical success, garnering a whopping 86% on Metacritic and even earned a Guinness World Record in 2010 for being the best Strategy RPG on PS3. Valkyria Chronicles will launch for Windows PC via Digital Download on November 11, 2014 and will come bundled with all the DLC that was available for the original PlayStation 3 game including:

· Hard EX Mode (harder versions of skirmish missions in the main game)

· Edy’s Mission “Enter the Edy Detachment” (a side story campaign)

· Selveria’s Mission “Behind Her Blue Flame” (a side story campaign)

· Challenge of the Edy Detachment (six challenge missions)

So you can pre-order now and pick up this award winning, critically acclaimed strategy RPG that’s so good it announced itself, for £14.99/€19.99/$19.99 from selected digital retail partners.

Are all of the games actually good?

I think so. Well I can't reccommend 3 because I haven't gotten far. Or the DLC for fear 2 I never touched.

But fear 1 + dlc are all pretty good. Fear 2, like some have pointed out, is alright. I actually can't say for PC cause I played that one on console back in the day. I remember enjoying it even though it isn't as good as the original.

Fear is great, Fear 2 is dumbed down for consoles a bit so not as good, and Fear 3 has some solid shooting and unique co-op mechanics but little else. DLC isn't particularly noteworthy. I don't know if the deal is that outstanding as the Fear set frequently saw prices fall that low on a lot of retailers in general.

Price wise? According to enhanced steam it says the lowest price for the entire package was like 12 bucks on steam, so this bundle is cheaper than the lowest it has ever been at least on steam.

JaseC

Alright, thanks guys.

Btw, I asked two times but didn't get any answer. So this will be the last time - I promise
I don't actually

Is Rage+Scorchers DLC region-free (buyable from Russia)?
I tried solving it on my own by looking through subs on SteamDB. My verdict was not locked. Did I do right?

That's a bingo.

Does Halloween sale start in half an hour?

Yes.

Thanks folks.... again. :p

Gotta go eat. Hopefully won't miss a price glitch or in a case I do have some good buddies who'll think of me.

Bye

BTW: Shadow, I almost didn't realize it was you o_O

Mordeccai

Anyone else having issues listing stuff on the steam market? I'm trying to sell a rare dota 2 bow. Listed it last night for a good 1.50 below the average, woke up seven hours later and noticed it wasn't even listed. I just removed it and re-listed it, and it is still not popping up on the item's page. My listing just isn't there.

Any work arounds? I really wanna sell this bow, it's basically my entire sale budget!

Miguel81

Valkyria Chronicles is worth it, not just because it's a beloved game, but it'll help getting the other two(Vanquish, VF5FS) on Steam as well. I hope, anyway.

Not as far as I'm aware. I'll post the list of changes when I get home.

People didn't like the forced Rachel sections, brah. It's a fine game still imo.

jshackles

Anyone else having issues listing stuff on the steam market? I'm trying to sell a rare dota 2 bow. Listed it last night for a good 1.50 below the average, woke up seven hours later and noticed it wasn't even listed. I just removed it and re-listed it, and it is still not popping up on the item's page. My listing just isn't there.

Any work arounds? I really wanna sell this bow, it's basically my entire sale budget!

I'm having the same issue after listing up a foil Lego Pirates trading card (of which there are currently no listings). I listed it about 4 hours ago and there are still no listings for that card.

Seems to be a common occurrence. I've also had some other items I listed at the same time already sell. So it might be best to remove / relist until it shows up. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for Valve to fix it.

Mordeccai

I'm having the same issue after listing up a foil Lego Pirates trading card (of which there are currently no listings). I listed it about 4 hours ago and there are still no listings for that card.

Seems to be a common occurrence. I've also had some other items I listed at the same time already sell. So it might be best to remove / relist until it shows up. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for Valve to fix it.

Bah! I may have to resort to the grey market on this one. Might go ahead and use dota 2 lounge and see if I get any bites for a truck load of keys or paypal monies.

Dr Dogg

Awwwww I would have liked a pixel art rendition of Valkyria Chronicles by the Zeboyd folks.

November eh. The Dark Souls steamworks patch will roll in November as well, how am I supposed to handle all these games?!

I know. Plus VC is out the same day Unity comes out in NA and my backlog has only got bigger not smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom