• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I come back to terribly scary gifs, mistaken racist remarks and people telling me I made a bad decision.

On the other hand, look at all this space! I could download so much here.

EDIT: I will probably start regretting it a few weeks in.

Time to download more hentai?

Well crap, apparently the latest update for Payday 2 is plagued with game crashing and save wiping bugs. They plan on fixing it today with a patch but for now don't use LMGs and avoid hooking up the drill on Day 3 of Firestarter before the power is turned off as well as a bunch of other things. Overkill is planning on even more content updates for Payday 2 throughout this week so now I'm kinda worried. One of the tips in the thread I linked was backing up a pre-39 update (the most current one) save, which I no longer have anymore.

That sucks, I played yesterday and had it crash on me once, I had my weapons sound disappear too so that was probably the cause.

So, is Dark Souls II a Batman Oranges situation where people either love it or find it lacking? I just finished DS1 and i'm really interested in playing more DS once i wrap up the DLC for DS1 so I'm looking forward to picking up DSII in a future sale but it seems to be a divisive sequel.

Knurek

Is there a list of MP-only Steam games? Search query perhaps?
I just want to put all of them (except for Quake Live, obviously) into a separate category, so that they don't clutter my master-race SP games.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
HJjVWmp.png

Everyone laughed at me

Arthea

What sets the bar for the cards market? Why is it that some cards rise up in price and majority of them stay the same?

for some reason certain cards are much more in demand, usually anime cards.
Some cards are more expensive because not many people have a game. Other than that card prices fluctuates over time, it get price drop if a game is in a bundle, after some time it rises a little, and then there is price increase of cards at start of a major sale (summer/winter).

edited: bundlestars having F.E.A.R bundle, if anybody missed it before
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fear-bundle/

I might be hallucinating but I think it was cheaper on steam itself, where I bought it.

edit2: nah, enchanted steam says I'm wrong on this, it wasn't cheaper.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
for some reason certain cards are much more in demand, usually anime cards.
Some cards are more expensive because not many people have a game. Other than that card prices fluctuates over time, it get price drop if a game is in a bundle, after some time it rises a little, and then there is price increase of cards at start of a major sale (summer/winter).

edited: bundlestars havein F.E.A.R bundle, if anybody missed it before
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fear-bundle/

I might be hallucinating but I think it was cheaper on steam itself, where I bought it.

Was even cheaper in the WB Humble Bundle

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone (Jase) know why there are two separate apps for King Arthur?

https://steamdb.info/app/24400/
https://steamdb.info/app/24470/

Seems like you get the standard one when you but it alone (obviously) but you get the "Collection" app when you buy the King Arthur bundle, instead of just getting the DLC bundled too.. What a strange way to handle things.

Wonder if there are any actual differences between the two.

I think there was a brief period where someone at Paradox didn't realise it's possible to add multiple apps to the one package. Majesty 2 is the same: http://store.steampowered.com/app/25980/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/73020/, and in fact the Majesty 2 and King Arthur Collections released just five weeks apart.

Vlad

Someone told me I should play it with a controller instead, I might try it out.. (Yeah I've been using KB+M)

I used to work at Starbucks, I couldn't even memorize the drinks. Memorizing recipes for this game is going to be a personal nightmare for me. Lol

I'd say that you don't need to memorize the recipes, but you definitely need to memorize ingredient keys.

I'd say the biggest key to success in CSD that I've found so far is proper menu management. I've found that a great way to screw yourself over is to have several items that require babysitting on the menu at once. For example, I'll either have the soup, or something fried, but never both at the same time. Soup takes a minute to prepare, since there's a limit on how fast you can chop vegetables. All the fried foods require you to sit there and hold the basket down, so if you've got both on the menu at once, you start facing real issues with lots of people wanting stuff that you simply don't have time to make.

While I haven't bought everything yet, I've found that lasagna, salad, and burgers make great staple items that are easy to hammer out quickly (especially the lasagna, which is always oddly satisfying to make once you get the pattern down).

Also, keep in mind that anything that can be directly served to the customers after being cooked (like lasagna and soup), can be served no matter what you're doing at the time. Even if you're in the middle of taking out the trash when the lasagna's done cooking, you can hit the number key to send it out to the customer.

Ban Puncher

If I had a billion plus in the bank, the last thing I would do is wake up everyday to make virtual hats.

But I'm not an eccentric billionaire so what do I know?

Alavard

So, is Dark Souls II a Batman Oranges situation where people either love it or find it lacking? I just finished DS1 and i'm really interested in playing more DS once i wrap up the DLC for DS1 so I'm looking forward to picking up DSII in a future sale but it seems to be a divisive sequel.

I wouldn't say it's as divisive as Origins.

The general consensus (from what I understand) is that most of Dark Souls II is a technical improvement over the first, but the environments and bosses aren't as inspired.

Yakkue

Is there a list of MP-only Steam games? Search query perhaps?
I just want to put all of them (except for Quake Live, obviously) into a separate category, so that they don't clutter my master-race SP games.

This one perhaps? There might be games that have SP as well in there though..

Turfster

list time! good that Turf isn't here, or he would have a fit.

Oh, so that's why I had those nightmares....

The new groupees chat minigame gave me a heart attack when someone "bombed" another person and my speakers suddenly made noise.
What the hell, groupees =p

Amazon has GTA IV 80% off and Company of Heroes 2 75% off

Speaking of Majesty 2, bundlestars is doing Paradox sales up to 75% off

Man, how many explosions per minute are there during the first couple of hours of Marlow Briggs? You don't stop blowing shit up until you reach the old temple, it's incredible how many they could fit in without making it look a parody :lol

Arthea

Hmm, Korra scored 4.2 by IGN. At least it's better than Godhand then, right?

well, it seems I jinxed it by posting "what if". Didn't much like impressions of the game either, still it's too early to tell.

Gabe and Notch at a boardroom meeting.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/simpsons-mr-burns-smithers-money-fight-13737062870.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

that's more or less how I imagined it, gw!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Free DLC for Shadow of Mordor today:

The free Power of Shadow bundle includes the following upgrades

• Play as the Black Hand of Sauron

• Epic Runes including:

- One with Nature – Immunity to Poison attacks from Uruk Captains or Ghuls.
- Ascendant – Double Focus Time for slow motion ranged combat.
- Elven Grace – Increased defence which halves the damage of enemy strikes.

Those epic runes will make the game so easy lol.

People are getting super salty about Korra reviews in one of the Korra threads. People really need to stop lashing out because critics don't like games they think are good or want to be good. I'm still looking forward to playing it, regardless of reviews just because Platinum.

I rushed to buy Civ:BE from GMG as soon as the mistake became known. But unfortunately my key activated as the actual game and not BL:pS

I was planning to wait for the reviews before making the final jump but I guess for 12£ it was worth the risk to see if I could have snagged a free copy of BL:pS.

What mistake?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
3 on Gamespot

8 months to be removed from the Store confirmed?

Acti's FY ticks over in January, so that's when its games disappear. The only licensed Acti game I'm aware of that actually ran its course is Monster Jam, which released in 2007 and finally disappeared back in Feb.

Edit: That being said, I don't think Korra's store presence is going to exist for all of a few months... but better safe than sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom