• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

just trying to think what gets people upset here (not really something that's affected me in particular but i rarely get worked up about these things)

there are very blatant cases like the me3 dude in which you can totally tell they're holding stuff for ransom just to boost preorder sales. i totally agree with anyone that's angered by that, it's insulting and just plain evil.

in cases where it's more debatable, like cut content becoming dlc (happened to new vegas for instance), i don't think most people have a problem with it

but you know i can't blame most people for getting pissed off after publishers have treated them like idiots for so long. not even talking the legal or ownership or license stuff cos i don't know anything about that, just what feels right/wrong to me

Well funnily bringing up ME3 that has a rather weird situation that covers all bases. You have cosmetic fluff DLC, free multiplayer expansion DLC, microtransactions for the MP, obvious cut content in the From Ashes day one DLC and 3 larger packs of varying quality as well as the 'we dun goofed' ending DLC. Just shows how entrenched EA are is wringing as much from a singular game as possible. The $60 game which becomes the $120+ one.

End of the day it's a mind field out there with varying degrees on value and milking players but everyone seems to be settling into a happy rhythm. Well waiting for the -75% off or more DLC deals and Bioshock Infinite Season Pass blunders.

i have no idea what this site is dude :p

Neither did anyone else until Activision put in on one of their Destiny ads whilst looking for good reviews.

vazel

Banned
Wow so I go to download Dreamfall Chapters and I can't log into Steam. C'mon Valve it's your responsibility to make sure I can download my games whenever I want, especially new games on release day. :/

Anustart

a little over 20 minutes left for this dark little contest.

Please send all responses in a pm, and i may or may not share the winner depending on how messed up the joke is

What is this. This some kinda get free copy of game with gfwl key or what? I have this in my library and would enjoy giving it away.

Edit: Also a 'joke'. What's the difference between a pimple and a priest?
A pimple won't come on your face until you're at least 13. Ba dum tish.
I don't need the game even though that joke is a sure fire win.

Wow so I go to download Dreamfall Chapters and I can't log into Steam. C'mon Valve it's your responsibility to make sure I can download my games whenever I want, especially new games on release day. :/

You know what, maybe you should express your thoughts on twitter for GabeN too see. I hear that he is checking it often.

Joke aside, I can't find the Weeklong Deal page anymore, does anybody here have a link to it?

Feel bad for everyone else who worked on that game instead

Nope. Don't feel that, either. That other guy proceeded to call anyone who reported it to Steam (and Neogaf in entirety, implicitly in the conversation) rats. This shows, quite clearly, he's more concerned with the fact that it was brought about than the fact that his partner went on a "tirade" which included, without the quotations, as it's not something to imply but rather a fact, an actual death threat using the full name of the person with whom they've engaged in a VOLUNTARY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT.

Not one moment of admonishment of personal responsibility from either of them. Instead, just bemoaning the fallout.

And the end of all of this is that they still have their game. They just don't get to have it on the market they want to have it on, due to actions that they are responsible for entirely. Feel sorry?

Nah, not at all. Let's feel sorry for the rest of the people crushing jobs they can't stand for one putrid moment longer just to make it to the end of the day where they can work on something they're passionate about, but never quite reach that mass market chance. Let's feel sorry for the guy knocking out a free browser extension that is wildly lauded but not monetarily reciprocated.

Let's leave these dudes to the bed they've made.

vazel

Banned
You don't need to log in because the game was delayed due to bugs.
Yea, but I still want to play Korra.
You know what, maybe you should express your thoughts on twitter for GabeN too see. I hear that he is checking it often.

Joke aside, I can't find the Weeklong Deal page anymore, does anybody here have a link to it?
I thought about doing a tongue-in-cheek death threat about not being able to play Korra but I got too scared and just couldn't go through with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and Styx done. Great game, some quirks, but its very much worth playing

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
a little late night cross posting from the Korra OT in case anyone is looking for badly worded impressions

The combat is good enough, but the room for countering is pretty ridiculous on normal. It feels very easy for a Platinum title to me so far. Of course I have no idea what is going on in terms of story, and the scenery is pretty generic and etc. The running section on the polar bear felt very out of place and a bit ridiculous.

But all in all I still feel it's worth a few quids and a couple of hours of your time, just to learn the combat mechanics. It feels more like a grasshopper game than a platinum game to me tbh. I'm not quite sure why yet.

They've clearly been on an ass tight budget from Activision on this one. It screams "polish me".

But why not. I'll see it through.

Tellaerin

Just had something called Devil's Dare pop up on the front page for me. Turns out it's a retro-coin-op-style brawler for 1-4 players, with a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. I like the artstyle in the screenshots and trailer, and this bit in the description caught my attention:

Our main influence were some of Capcom's classics like Alien vs. Predator, Battle Circuit, Final Fight as well as Sega's Streets of Rage Series. So if you were a fans of those, give it a shot. I'm sure you will find something to love in Devil's Dare.

That right there was enough to get me to wishlist it.

It's also nice to see Steam recommending things that I'm actually interested in. Recommendations redeemed?

dani_dc

Anyone? Is the cd key activating another game?
Nothing yet.
With SSFIV people were able to gift another copy of SSFIV since the GFWL keys turned into "new copies". So we're speculating the same will be possible with Dark Souls.

Just save the key to be on the safe side and then wait for November.

vazel

Banned
Well, I removed Korra from my wishlist. I will probably take this when 75% off just because I can throw 3 € on it, but I'm reading more about the game and it simply doesn't do the magic.
You're not understanding, though. It's Platinum, we've got to support Platinum.

Maniac

Banned
Totally OT. ORC is a "mod" of Battlefront, so it uses some files from the game. Of course they are on the disc.
If a DLC is already included in the main game, you already paid for that. It's simple.
It's NOT a DOWNLOADABLE content if is already presenet on the disc, since you download nothing. You activate it, but you already own it.
At least WB gave this for free, but now I'm curious on how many DLCs are already in the game.
Who is to say the update the game received two or three days ago didn't have to do with it? Either way, it's hardly a bad thing that they're letting people play as the coolest lookin' fucker in the game :p

Darksiders 2 was simply too long and uninspired. I loved Darksiders 1, I loved the story, the main character, the level design.
I hate the sequel because is just bland, there's not a story at all, all the dungeonslook the same.
I think it got fucked over by a too short devtime. It was just a rushed game and really one of the last chances THQ had left. :[

On that note, it's time for me to play Darksiders through, I never finished it.. :p

whats good with steam? i got legend of korra but I can't get online to install it but the website loads just fine :( I'm not in those lame steam betas either

Anteater

korra....

ezxxafr.jpg

and i hate my activity feed

XShagrath

You have to free yourself from temporal constructs because it is only during the madonna period that we began living in a material world.
I knew what he meant, I was just poking fun.

Glad he wasn't the one who originally said it and it was from a tweet, which completely makes sense. Virtually every tweet I've ever seen has been filled with retarded garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom