• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
All done, used all that I could find that would work, thank god CTRL+C/V works in game or I would have not even bothered. Now to actually get the motivation to finish the game and it's DLC's.

zsebye.png

chronomac

Is there any place to check if Steam keys are still valid?

I went through my Groupees account and had a bunch of games that were not claimed, perhaps that had been added to bundles after I added the first games to my Steam account. I didn't have most of them, so that was a pleasant surprise, but there were a few that I'm certain I've bought separately (like directly through Steam).

I would like to give them away here but I worry about registering them, someone winning them and then the key being invalid. If I try to add the game to my Steam account it just tells me "Already purchased," but doesn't tell me if the key is still good.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey, at least Korra fans got a tie-in game. And multiple seasons. All us Tron: Uprising fans got was cancellation, and the worst cliffhanger since the end of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (Yes, I'm bitter.)

Yeah it seem like unless you're a fan of Legend of Korra, you might not enjoy the game much. As a big fan of Korra, I'm having a blast so far. I'm glad the cutscenes look like actual tv show quality.

But if you aren't a fan. It's probably best to wait for a sale. Also at least Korra got a "decent" game out of this. (or "good" depends on who you ask) All us Young Justice fan ever got was a cancellation and a crappy ass game.

It's fun.

You words never fail to amaze me Casimir.

Purkake4

Banned
Really hoping the halloween sale will pan out.

Also a proud unique owned or Paranautical Activity now, too bad I didn't keep the cards.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
well i i certainly don't feel anything but sad when reading people thinking about killing themselves or feeling like their dreams are shattered, assholes or not

i feel sympathy for the phil fishes of the world, they're mostly victims of themselves and playing along with the internet. the internet's also full of jerks that risk very little for their "jerkhood", while these guys say something they regret and suddenly their careers are ruined. in some cases it's their lives and get death threats, etc.

so yeah for sure i feel for the guy, sucks it had to go this way
I'd say there's a difference between Phil Fish, who gets a lot of shit thrown his way and so replies in kind, and this guy, who shits on pretty much anyone whether they deserve it or not, and also lied about promised features and stuff. I sympathize with the former and I do like him, but the latter I can't stand. It's pretty clear the guy has issues, but I find him unlikable despite that. I'm not happy that it came to this, but I can't help thinking "He brought it upon himself", what with the way he behaved towards his game's community and any kind of criticism.

This wasn't an example of a dev telling a troll (aka asshole) to go have sexual intercourse with themselves, this was a (fake) threat directed towards the head of a company he was conducting business with. Whatever said company may have done, that behaviour was completely uncalled for and unacceptable, and he suffered the consequences. The things he said and did in the past only contributed to making sure it's very hard for me to find some sympathy for him now. In my mind, he's not a disturbed and outspoken yet harmless and misunderstood person; he's a disturbed ugly one who behaved pretty badly towards his (potential) customers.

Yeah it seem like unless you're a fan of Legend of Korra, you might not enjoy the game much. As a big fan of Korra, I'm having a blast so far. I'm glad the cutscenes look like actual tv show quality.

But if you aren't a fan. It's probably best to wait for a sale. Also at least Korra got a "decent" game out of this. (or "good" depends on who you ask) All us Young Justice fan ever got was a cancellation and a crappy ass game.

You words never fail to amaze me Casimir.

RIP Young Justice, hands down my favorite super hero show ever, with spectacular spiderman holding 2nd. You were doomed from the start since you were on cartoon network, if only nick could air DC shows, I'm sure Nick would've done it some justice. :( Also RIP Green Lantern, at least the ending for that was less cliff hangery imo.

chronomac

As mentioned earlier, I went through my Groupees profile and found a ton of extra games. These are all Desura keys. So don't try to redeem them on Steam because I'm pretty sure that won't work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Night -- MB-BDB31A90ABEE21FB - Taken by Eila
Last Knight -- MB-1B5ED2FCE961B2AF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Pester -- MB-FE639601DF7F482B - Taken by arts&crafts
Little Gardens -- MB-AB1B5C3B05386208 - Taken by Loptous
Super Panda Adventures -- MB-C65CD0815CAAD095 - Taken by madjoki
SanctuaryRPG -- MB-C8C221FE1AB8F4CA - Taken by GaussTek
Three Dead Zed -- MB-BEA4CF53FA43A898 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.

t1413938254z1.png

Remember: Desura keys. If they don't work, PM me.

zkylon

zkylewd
quick buy it and tell me if it's good
you're asking the wrong person :p

i'll tell you all about steam dark souls 1 tho!

I'd say there's a difference between Phil Fish, who gets a lot of shit thrown his way and so replies in kind, and this guy, who shits on pretty much anyone whether they deserve it or not, and also lied about promised features and stuff. I sympathize with the former and I do like him, but the latter I can't stand. It's pretty clear the guy has issues, but I find him unlikable despite that. I'm not happy that it came to this, but I can't help thinking "He brought it upon himself", what with the way he behaved towards his game's community and any kind of criticism.

This wasn't an example of a dev telling a troll (aka asshole) to go have sexual intercourse with themselves, this was a (fake) threat directed towards the head of a company he was conducting business with. Whatever said company may have done, that behaviour was completely uncalled for and unacceptable, and he suffered the consequences. The things he said and did in the past only contributed to making sure it's very hard for me to find some sympathy for him now. In my mind, he's not a disturbed and outspoken yet harmless and misunderstood person; he's a disturbed ugly one who behaved pretty badly towards his (potential) customers.
yeah not disagreeing with you

i dunno anything about promised features or all that stuff, but regarding this specific situation, i for sure can feel sorry for the dude

in any case his game had giant voxel spiders so it wasn't for me anyways :p

Shadownet

Banned
RIP Young Justice, hands down my favorite super hero show ever, with spectacular spiderman holding 2nd. You were doomed from the start since you were on cartoon network, if only nick could air DC shows, I'm sure Nick would've done it some justice. :( Also RIP Green Lantern, at least the ending for that was less cliff hangery imo.

Imo, Young Justice>Teen Titans>Justice League/Unlimited>The Batman (2004)=Batman: The Animated Series and finally Legion of Super Heroes. those are my top animated superheroes shows. (At least just counting DC)

Spectacular Spiderman>X-Men Evolution=X-Men (1992)>Wolverine and the X-Men (for Marvel)

chronomac

And here is a Steam key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-CE77D53267F2D31D - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.

t1413928774z1.png

well i i certainly don't feel anything but sad when reading people thinking about killing themselves or feeling like their dreams are shattered, assholes or not

i feel sympathy for the phil fishes of the world, they're mostly victims of themselves and playing along with the internet. the internet's also full of jerks that risk very little for their "jerkhood", while these guys say something they regret and suddenly their careers are ruined. in some cases it's their lives and get death threats, etc.

so yeah for sure i feel for the guy, sucks it had to go this way

Did you read the main thread? Read the main thread.

Ozium

best part of the john wick trailer is theon greyjoy saying "THAT NOBODY?"
then the other dude saying "that nobody... was JOHN WICK"

lol

yo that song that plays on the start screen of korra is the song that plays during my main man Wan vs Vaatu, right?
Imo, Young Justice>Teen Titans>Justice League/Unlimited>The Batman (2004)=Batman: The Animated Series and finally Legion of Super Heroes. those are my top animated superheroes shows. (At least just counting DC)

Spectacular Spiderman>X-Men Evolution=X-Men (1992)>Wolverine and the X-Men (for Marvel)

teen titans was soooo good. sucks that it ended on a cliff hanger. at least it got like what, 5 seasons + a movie? regardless, shouldn't have ended on a clfif hanger which is why I'm 110% percent against any show ending on cliff hangers, you simply don't know if you're going to get another season or not. Unless you know in advance, please don't do it. its frustrating for us fans. Shows need to take some notes on green lantern; it had a nice open ending, it could've continued but it could also have been a 1 time thing(which unfortunately it was) and left the true ending up to the viewer.

Wasn't Deadpool 50% off shortly after release and before the removal? I think it was.

it was 75% off. I remember cause my bro got it for $10 on amazon.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR CLASSIC 2000 (GOG) -- MB-DABACE7EE3D8A5C0 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1413929194z1.png

Ozium

I will never understand Totalbiscuit's complete erection when it comes to Paranautical Activity...

Especially when he throws shade at Heavy Bullets and Tower of Guns.

Indignate

If you like Marvel stuff, watch Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It ran around the same time as Young Justice and was just as good and was treated just as bad.

Chariot

teen titans was soooo good. sucks that it ended on a cliff hanger. at least it got like what, 5 seasons + a movie? regardless, shouldn't have ended on a clfif hanger which is why I'm 110% percent on any show ending on cliff hangers, you simply don't know if you're going to get another season or not. Unless you know in advance, please don't do it. its frustrating for us fans. Shows need to take some notes on green lantern; it had a nice open ending, it could've continued but it could also have been a 1 time thing(which unfortunately it was) and left the true ending up to the viewer.
The Terra plot was resolved in the comics to the tv series. Still very unsatisfying, both in the fact that the tv series ended on such a melancholic note and in the solution itself.
Terras brother appeared and recognized that she is indeed Terra but choose to not go back into the super hero business and dodge any contact to heroes and villains to live a normal life. I wonder if the plot would've turned out happier for the couple if the series would've gotten the full last season it was promised.

zkylon

zkylewd
Did you read the main thread? Read the main thread.

read the ot a couple hours ago

i'm not excusing the guy, just not jumping on the hate bandwagon. i guess there's tons of stuff i don't know about then?

but i trust zkylon™ over IGN™ though
awwwwwwwww dood <333

I've already played dark souls on the ps3!
well tbh steamworks dark souls won't change much for you if you already played it on ps3

i bet you even got to see other people and get invaded

so lucky -_-

Ozium

I said the same thing in the thread about one of the PA creator losing his shit... the game is Doom without level design, and Serious Sam without good enemy encounters. I have no idea what there is to like about the game where so many others do similar things so much better. Even recent shit like Wrack.

to be fair to PA the game is better after the latest patch than before... but still bottom tier in the first person roguelite genre

As mentioned earlier, I went through my Groupees profile and found a ton of extra games. These are all Desura keys. So don't try to redeem them on Steam because I'm pretty sure that won't work.

Remember: Desura keys. If they don't work, PM me.

Quite a few Desura games, once redeemed on their service, give you a Steam key as well. Don't know if that's the case with these games, though. I usually just give away my spare Des keys.

Arthea

Played some of Korra, it's not a game I expected, but there are collectibles and running minigame, so not all is lost (><)
I only need fishing and cards to call it worthy purchase.
I haven't seen too much of combat yet to get any opinion.

Shadownet

Banned
The Terra plot was resolved in the comics to the tv series. Still very unsatisfying, both in the fact that the tv series ended on such a melancholic note and in the solution itself.
Terras brother appeared and recognized that she is indeed Terra but choose to not go back into the super hero business and dodge any contact to heroes and villains to live a normal life. I wonder if the plot would've turned out happier for the couple if the series would've gotten the full last season it was promised.

At least I have this in my memory. <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 more for extra life, fuck it

ecepfv.png

been wanting Lichdom for awhile, putin price is nice atm. Korra, well...im sure people will want to see it, ill guinea pig it :p

Tellaerin

I've had a couple of friends on me to sit down and watch Avatar and LoK for awhile now (LoK looks like more my thing, but I get the impression you can't really appreciate it without seeing Avatar first.
I've been told I'd like Asami (?), which is a good thing, I guess?
) So I figure I'll probably grab the game when it hits -75% on a Steam sale, and play it after I've seen some of the show so I can appreciate it a little better.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was 80 or 75% off. I should have bought it back then :(
I managed to find a key on GameFly for $10 the day after it was removed from Steam. Guess I got lucky with that. And I still haven't played it, lol.

yeah not disagreeing with you

i dunno anything about promised features or all that stuff, but regarding this specific situation, i for sure can feel sorry for the dude

in any case his game had giant voxel spiders so it wasn't for me anyways :p
Totally off-topic, but my whole life I wondered how you dealt with the spiders scene in Harry Potter 2 (and by "my whole life" I mean the past 2 years or so).

On even further off-topic (and I'm gonna stop this now), I'm going to see Rick Wakeman again in an hour, for the third day straight, this time playing his album The Six Wives of Henry VIII. This guy is nothing short of awesome, seriously!

Chariot

read the ot a couple hours ago

i'm not excusing the guy, just not jumping on the hate bandwagon. i guess there's tons of stuff i don't know about then?
This guy behaved like a dick. He may have some freudian excuse, but that doesn't change that he behaved like a dick. And not for the first time, he has a history, like some people pointed out.
At least I have this in my memory. <3
Not a fan of Robin x Starfire, but Terra x Beastboy was great. And I adored Kid Flash and Jinx. Sadly Teen Titans Go! isn't the series for such things.

fernandes

Played some of Korra, it's not a game I expected, but there are collectibles and running minigame, so not all is lost (><)
I only need fishing and cards to call it worthy purchase.
I haven't seen too much of combat yet to get any opinion.

I heard the combat is simple at first but it gets much better once you start unlocking all the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom