• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

only 3.5% people uses 1080p monitors anyway!

Hmmm let's go see...

Woo I am the 0.96%

What is worrying is that there's still 2.61% on 1024 x 768 displays and even 0.01% on 640x480. Either this is some folks playing silly when the hardware survey pops up or there really are some folks stuck in the early 90's.

My "installed" tab right now consists of two games. I'm scared.

Well I've got only 9 but FFXIII and Mordor take up a third of my SSD they're on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kpfvly.png

hmm so the games I have installed possible for extra life. some of this stuff is just games I was playing and never finished, like Crysis 2, Ass Creed Brotherhood and Far Cry 3, not gonna do those. Still, lots to choose. Might still download some more stuff if I remember more stuff I own (I just downloaded hatoful and shadow warrior today for example), and I might still guinea pig some games like Korra or something, although theres not much coming out until saturday. Theres always daily deals or the weekend deals I guess, so we'll see

(Dark Souls 2, Saints 4 and Dishonored are for the DLCs and I need to check if my saves are good still)

on lame note, I did the Extra Life registry thing, and it wouldnt let me set the goal to 50 bucks (which even that I thought was a stretch lol). minimum is $100 >_>

Anteater

What is worrying is that there's still 2.61% on 1024 x 768 displays and even 0.01% on 640x480. Either this is some folks playing silly when the hardware survey pops up or there really are some folks stuck in the early 90's.

That's probably just Sajjaja on his laptop

Zafir

The great thing about having 2 3TB hard drives is, I have 295 games installed. Never again will I find myself in the situation that I want to play a game but I need to download it!

Looks more and more like Korra will be a $5 game for me, unless they decide to pull the license before then.

A shame really. But at least Bayonetta 2 heals the wounds.

Oh Moxxi foil, not bad. Decent enough earning from that I think. Steam's not saying there's any others listed though. Any idea at what I should set it at? Seems like it'll be just below £2 I guess.

iosefe

I just want to redeem all these stupid Borderlands 2 shift codes for some reason, and Steam isn't letting me, GABE I'M GOING TO KI....ndly ask you to buff up your server infastructure please, thanks.
They aren't done through steams key redemption. It's an unable thing in the options menu at title

dani_dc

a review is just one person's opinion of the game, no more no less

Of course, but there are people that are more capable at giving off their evaluation than others.

In general I don't trust the people that tend to get employed at the bigger sites.

Tellaerin

how do you pre order a "build a bundle" bundle? will the $2 give me all the games or what?

Yeah, that's how it works. Pay the preorder price and you get everything when the bundle drops.

I knew Korra was a budget title, but I still lol'd at the game's intro simply being the show's.

Hey, at least Korra fans got a tie-in game. And multiple seasons. All us Tron: Uprising fans got was cancellation, and the worst cliffhanger since the end of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (Yes, I'm bitter.)

dot

Ouch at those Korra reviews...lol

Anyways, finally 100% my first steam game.

gKFH7Of.png

very fitting that it is Speedrunners.

They better not add more achievements or i'm gonna be a mad dot. >:O

Okay folks, I've got in my hot little hands a gift card for about $225 (Canadian) from Future Shop (basically Best Buy.) Help me figure out what to do with it! No, the card's not cashable, so don't tell me I can get stuff cheaper elsewhere, cause I know I can, but that's not the issue.

I've got a Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, and my video card is a Radeon HD 4870.

Is now the right time to get a new video card? If so, what's a good card for my money? I'm not brand loyal, and I'm looking for something hopefully low-maintenance (meaning, it's not fiddly with drivers and it won't blow up on me because my room is hot.)

Specifically, there's this 750Ti 2GB (hopefully that stupidly long URL works) that's on sale for 170 until Thursday. Would this be "doing it right" or am I setting myself up for a mistake?

Or should I just buy 3DS games with the gift card? I didn't see Steam gift cards on their website so that option's out too.

dani_dc

Ouch at those Korra reviews...lol

Anyways, finally 100% my first steam game.

gKFH7Of.png

very fitting that it is Speedrunners.

They better not add more achievements or i'm gonna be a mad dot. >:O

When did you get this game?
Feels that you 100% it very fast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Strider

I've played half of the Korra story. So far I'm enjoying it but then again I'm a fan of the series...

The combat isn't terrible but it's not great either. You can pull of some really rewarding combos but on the other hand the controls aren't super responsive and the camera is really weird and off a decent bit of the time. The story isn't going to wow anyone either.

I'd probably give it a 6.5 out of 10 based on what I've played so far. Fans of the series should def pick this up... But otherwise I'd just pass or wait until it's $5 or less.

The real treat from Platinum will obviously come Friday, but this is a nice game to hold me over until then.

Tellaerin

do we know what games are in it?

That we don't. (Jonny Cappuccino's doodles on the preorder page are supposed to be hints, but good luck with that.) "You pays your money and you takes your chances", as the saying goes. Given that it's $2 (which is 50% off the cost of the whole bundle), it may or may not be worth the gamble.

dani_dc

I got it like a week ago bruh.

Nah i'm just playing. I've had it since the very beginning. They actually gave me a free copy since i tested the beta or whatever. So sometime last year.

Ah, thought you might have got it on the daily sale or Humble.
Gotta try it out. Then we can race.

derExperte

Specifically, there's this 750Ti 2GB (hopefully that stupidly long URL works) that's on sale for 170 until Thursday. Would this be "doing it right" or am I setting myself up for a mistake?

170$ for a 750 sounds like a terrible deal, it's slower than my old 660 which I sold for 110€. Go into the PC thread and ask what you'll get for that amount of money.

I think we know like, 2 of them.
Can't remember which ones they are though.

The Novelist probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom