• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I heard the combat is simple at first but it gets much better once you start unlocking all the elements.

it's kinda spoiler, perhaps, most likely no, but better be safe
you lose all Korra's bending powers right at the start,
that's why combat is simple, I'm sure it'll get better eventually

Holy shit I suck badly at the pro bending game.
Also the click target lock bullshit is retarded.

that's my worst nightmare coming to life
probending seem to suck badly, I mean really badly

The Terra plot was resolved in the comics to the tv series. Still very unsatisfying, both in the fact that the tv series ended on such a melancholic note and in the solution itself.
Terras brother appeared and recognized that she is indeed Terra but choose to not go back into the super hero business and dodge any contact to heroes and villains to live a normal life. I wonder if the plot would've turned out happier for the couple if the series would've gotten the full last season it was promised.

Terrible, take a lap.

Turfster

that's my worst nightmare coming to life
probending seem to suck badly, I mean really badly

"Oh you dodged? Now spend 10 full seconds sitting on the fucking floor whoops you got knocked back again shouldn't have dodged nub!"
Also, the lack of options is fucking RAGE INDUCING.
I don't want to keep fighting this losing fight.
WHY IS THERE NO FUCKING RESET OPTION.

Chariot

jbmRWbl597jNS2.jpg

jHMvs8RzoFCC0.png

I hope I manage to make the OT properly this time.

Shadownet

Banned
I've had a couple of friends on me to sit down and watch Avatar and LoK for awhile now (LoK looks like more my thing, but I get the impression you can't really appreciate it without seeing Avatar first.
I've been told I'd like Asami (?), which is a good thing, I guess?
) So I figure I'll probably grab the game when it hits -75% on a Steam sale, and play it after I've seen some of the show so I can appreciate it a little better.
Yeah it would be strange to watch Korra without watching Avatar first. I tried telling Stride but he wanted to watch Avatar first.. sooo -___- *sigh*

You would like Asami man. She's awesome. Sometimes I like her more than I even like Korra. But Bolin is the best character of the show.

Also the click target lock bullshit is retarded.
I can agree with this. They need to patch this, it's a bit wonky. You think you're looking onto one target when in reality it's looking onto another. Its missing a constant circle around the target.

Get your tissues ready gentlemen... and some ladies out there. and Milamber.

Arthea

Are you using reflect/parry on their projectiles? Makes it a whole lot easier.

Actually not,
because it makes you lose time instead of getting them over the barrier, and to win you have to do it 15 times or so while match is timed, I had to learn it after running out of time 5 times. You lose if they are in the game, doesn't matter how good you do.
Your attacks stop their attacks, that seems to be way to go, and moving a lot as not be hit from other directions, but damn if it doesn't suck, probending I mean, it certainly seems tedious and not fun at all.

Rapstah

I may have actually backed Huniepop on Kickstarter a year ago and I have literally no memory of the game existing. I'm scared.

Zafir

Actually not,
because it makes you lose time instead of getting them over the barrier, and to win you have to do it 15 times or so while match is timed, I had to learn it after running out of time 5 times. You lose if they are in the game, doesn't matter how good you do.
Your attacks stop their attacks, that seems to be way to go, and moving a lot as not be hit from other directions, but damn if it doesn't suck, probending I mean, it certainly seems tedious and not fun at all.
Yeah. It seemed kind of blergh to me as well.

What really pissed me off was, on two occasions, I knocked the last guy off just as the timer ran out. Annoyingly, that meant I lost, even though the animation of him falling off was happening while it said time over.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I had decided to not play the Bayo2 demo and jump straight at the real cajuna this friday, but after a couple of hours of Korra I just had to do it.

ohlawd ohlawd ohlawd ohlawd ohlawd ohlawd ohlawd

Well, SteamGAF, I have a confession to make: I have voted on every title on the store. It feels liberating to have sorted through every. single. game. on Steam, and almost brings back the old-fashioned Steam store. With this done, it means that new titles pop up every day for your viewing, which you can then easily sort.

Try it... you won't regret it. (Protip: You can Not Interest 99% of the store and you won't miss anything you like.)

I may have actually backed Huniepop on Kickstarter a year ago and I have literally no memory of the game existing. I'm scared.

What a disastah.

Arthea

Yeah. It seemed kind of blergh to me as well.

What really pissed me off was, on two occasions, I knocked the last guy off just as the timer ran out. Annoyingly, that meant I lost, even though the animation of him falling off was happening while it said time over.

ya, I it's an annoying minigame, when I hoped it'll be the best thing about this game. Here is a thought, maybe when you aren't alone against other team, but have own team that isn't knocked out before a match even starts, it gets better, that's my last hope, but that's not very likely, is it? (><)

Chariot

Arthea

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img912/8927/c0SrXf.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

That's truly horrifying, gw Jawmuncherc

[quote="Anustart, post: 135336871"]Best game for 5$ or under?[/QUOTE]

100% Orange Juice if you like playing with people, one finger death punch for lone powning the world

edited: forgot The Room! It's great, engaging, interesting, fresh and all kinds of awesome.

Annubis

I don't know. But I am sure someone will try.

If you backed you get both, if my memory don't fool me, but otherwise you either buy one of them.A classic. This sold the game for me.

Gah... I wish I knew about this Kickstarter back then so I could back it.
Guess I'll get Steamy and hope they are nice enough to also give you a Steam key.

zkylon

zkylewd
Totally off-topic, but my whole life I wondered how you dealt with the spiders scene in Harry Potter 2 (and by "my whole life" I mean the past 2 years or so).
uhh i'm not sure, i haven't watched many harry potter movies tbh so maybe i didn't actually deal with it at all. general strategy is closing my eyes and asking a friend to lemme know when the scary part is over

i always try and watch as much as possible, tho. like i was ok just squinting through the hobbit and lord of the rings 3 :p

This guy behaved like a dick. He may have some freudian excuse, but that doesn't change that he behaved like a dick. And not for the first time, he has a history, like some people pointed out.
yup, not disagreeing with the multiple-times proven fact that the guy's a dick :p

i love that they went ahead and recorded vo for that game

i hope they release a non hentai version on steam so i can laugh with least possible amount of embarrassment

Jawmuncher

Gah... I wish I knew about this Kickstarter back then so I could back it.
Guess I'll get Steamy and hope they are nice enough to also give you a Steam key.

The guy said that he would give both keys if possible since he doesn't believe in someone having to buy it twice. I'm guessing the miscommunication is based on how the DRM free version will technically be different from the steam version on Humble. Though since from what I know asking for keys to your game is free, so the only hold up would be if Humble doesn't allow it.

Tellaerin

jbmRWbl597jNS2.jpg

jHMvs8RzoFCC0.png

I'm getting some serious cognitive dissonance between that description and the character art.

I mean, I read the bio and I'm imagining someone who looks like... I don't know... maybe I-No from Guilty Gear? Someone with a sort of wicked edge to her. Not necessarily old, but mature-looking. Bitchy, decadent, knowing. Definitely not an innocent.

The art makes her look like a highschooler with a PG-rated vocabulary (at worst), whose bitchiest act was sabotaging her rival in the election for class president. X_x

Shadownet

Banned
This sold the game for me.
Maybe because I never play that many dating sims but I honestly expected like cutesy "hey senpai" stuff from the look of this game but my god this is not what I expected..

I'm sorta tempted to get the Steamy version of this.. lol
[/QUOTE]
I'll save this for...Valentine.. maybe.. *gulp*
[quote="Sajjaja, post: 135337498"]
Your consistent use of past tense in the present drives me nuts.[/QUOTE]
[SPOILER]Suck my nut.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER]Marco can have the other one.[/SPOILER][SPOILER]/s[/SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom