• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Bro, I love you but you're just terrible at pro-bending. I got past that part easily. Just spam "bend" twice, dodge twice. counter every once in a while. rinse and repeat.
You forget about THE CLAW.

I enjoyed running through the city streets and destroying everything in sight =p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Half tempted to buy it, but I'm still unsure.

jbmRWbl597jNS2.jpg

jHMvs8RzoFCC0.png

I hope I manage to make the OT properly this time.

2016 GOTY confirmed.

It's funny, I know you put /s, but I'm pretty sure you're 100% serious. But hey, at least you didn't use past tense.

.../s doesn't mean serious?
:p

GaussTek

Yep, Mexican pesos were just added (and not "Mejican" Steam! ¬¬ lol). Stuff is mostly cheaper, just like the Origin store (something I like, of course).

For example, The Evil Within is 509 pesos which is around $38 USD. Final Fantasy XIII is 159 pesos which is around $11.5 USD (around the price I bought it from a russian seller lol).

Not interested in CoD and the Activision stuff, so I'm very happy.

Yep, Mexican pesos were just added (and not "Mejican" Steam! ¬¬ lol). Stuff is mostly cheaper, just like the Origin store (something I like, of course).

For example, The Evil Within is 509 pesos which is around $38 USD. Final Fantasy XIII is 159 pesos which is around $11.5 USD (around the price I bought it from a russian seller lol).

Not interested in CoD and the Activision stuff, so I'm very happy.

But can you gift.

Burros > Bears?

Aitor

The price of Ghosts seems to jump around a lot. What happens when you add it to your cart? It's showing Mex$ 59.99 when I add it to my cart, which would be an incredible deal ($5). I wonder if you can actually buy it at that price.

edit: seems they fixed it :(

appears as 999 pesos.
Everything else looks cheaper.

Shadow of Mordor 440.00 MXN = 32.5 USD
Ryse 356.00 MXN = 26.275 USD
The Legend of Korra 150.00 MXN = 11.0702 USD

MUnited83

For you.
Once you get past the fucking ridiculous pro bending thing, Korra actually becomes a fun if rather barebones battle game.
Why the fuck did you frontload the shitty bending match, Platinum?

The first 5 minutes of the game =p

Seeing you having that much trouble I thought it was a match somewhere that I didn't yet reach or something :p. Again, once I used the deflect/parry, it was pretty easy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The price of Ghosts seems to jump around a lot. What happens when you add it to your cart? It's showing Mex$ 59.99 when I add it to my cart, which would be an incredible deal ($5). I wonder if you can actually buy it at that price.

Are you sure you weren't reverted back to your region?

codgmxyccym.jpg

The discovery update seems to have broken the cc parameter somewhat, resulting in the site, more often than not, reverting back to one's home region upon navigating one or two pages away from the point of the store switch. As you can imagine, this makes opening tabs from the specials page a pretty big pain. ;)

Turfster

Seeing you having that much trouble I thought it was a match somewhere that I didn't yet reach or something :p. Again, once I used the deflect/parry, it was pretty easy.
The fact that you're alone against 3 opponents that recharge their health every time, but you don't, and the fact that the targeting is wonky as fuck didn't help. Also, half the time, the fucking deflect/parry just didn't work =p

MUnited83

For you.
The fact that you're alone against 3 opponents that recharge their health every time, but you don't, and the fact that the targeting is wonky as fuck didn't help. Also, half the time, the fucking deflect/parry just didn't work =p

Focus on one until he falls down from the arena and move to the next one. The deflect/parry should work if you do it in the correct timing :p. And yeah, targeting is a bit weird.

Nabs

Are you sure you weren't reverted back to your region?

codgmxyccym.jpg

The discovery update seems to have broken the cc parameter somewhat, resulting in the site, more often than not, reverting back to one's home region upon navigating one or two pages away from the point of the store switch.

I'm sure there's some sort of visual glitch, but I'm still on the Mexican store. AW is also the only game that actively changes prices as I type in the name. Very weird. Also, the cart glitch doesn't seem to happen anymore.

btw I meant Advanced Warfare. Shows how much I care about COD not made by Treyarch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh nice, the latest store update fixes the issue people have been emailing me about constantly with the group announcements being stacked instead of side by side.

Good for them.

GaussTek

In addition to the Activision games, the Capcom games are also now more expensive than before on Mexican peso. Oh well, for those I'll just use GMG, Amazon or something like that, I guess.

Edit. For example, Resident Evil Revelations is now 900 pesos, which is around USD$66.4 lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But can you gift.

ACRTAG applies to Mexico, too:

Notice: Gift purchases for Blahblah: Blah Blah can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

inky

Can't really complain about cheaper prices. Funnily enough, EA's store used to be in pesos and now it has become basically Latin America's portal, so it's back in dollars, although at a similar reduced price.

So far Korra feels like it's running on a game engine originally created for the Dreamcast but updated for modern standards. Oh well, I supported PG with my day one purchase, which hopefully leads to more stuff being released on Steam.

iosefe

anyone here that plays Payday 2 need the Christmas soundtrack? i have a spare copy it gives the joy of music and some in-game bonuses

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Why didn't anyone tell me Killing Floor's evolved into a fantastic game? I tried it years and years ago during a free weekend and it ran like ass and was quite dull, now it's kickass and runs amazing.

Case in point: Never judge Tripwire's games at or near launch, they always seem to be semi-broken at first lol. Same thing happened with Red Orchestra 2, ran like ass, now it runs beautifully

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dani_dc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-7DCE24B61B2AEC3E - Taken by xeris. 36 entrants total.

t1413941730z1.png

Why didn't anyone tell me Killing Floor's evolved into a fantastic game? I tried it years and years ago during a free weekend and it ran like ass and was quite dull, now it's kickass and runs amazing.

Case in point: Never judge Tripwire's games at or near launch, they always seem to be semi-broken at first lol. Same thing happened with Red Orchestra 2, ran like ass, now it runs beautifully
It definitely has fans on GAF! I have about 200 hours in it myself. Don't play Commando unless you want to spend forever levelling. It's a great game to play with a good group of friends.

Preordered or reserved or whatever the groupees bundle. Two bucks is low enough that I'll be happy wih The Novelest and one other decent game.

Well I just beat shadow of mordor and I really enjoyed the game. took me 13 hours to beat it btw if anyone is interested in length. I liked the idea for the fight with the Tower but it was way to easy, i beat him in 30 seconds... also the last fight... it was shitty QTEs... QTEs need to die, i swear. Nothing screams lazy like forced QTE, especially ones where you die if you fuck up even 1 input and then forced to restart. As someone who doesn't know shit about Lord of the Rings though I was kinda disappointed with the ending.
Why didn't I get to go to the volcano and fuck up the guy with the rings. And what did he mean its time to make a new ring?
I was gonna play Dead Rising 3 next but I think I'll do Korra first, its probably a really short game knowing plat.

Anustart

My girl wanted to play Sims 2 which I have on Origin, free somewhere I'm sure as I've not paid a dime on Origin. Man does this game run like ass or what? Took me forever just to kill the process. Loading takes near 5 minutes every time.

My girl wanted to play Sims 2 which I have on Origin, free somewhere I'm sure as I've not paid a dime on Origin. Man does this game run like ass or what? Took me forever just to kill the process. Loading takes near 5 minutes every time.
It does get pretty bogged down. The first time you load it up takes forever, it gets better after that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sooo, Gods Will Be Watching, what's the verdict GAF?

i think it's a pretty decent game if you want to feel a bit sick to your stomach and not have a lot of fun

i think 5 bucks is pretty ok, i played it on easy and just "enjoyed" the visuals, the music and the general unpleasantness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom