• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so many Desura games i'm never going to play.

Yeah, seriously. Between this, GOG, Origin, UPlay and Steam (not to mention all the DRM-free stuff I've got in my Humble Bundle account), I have to be over 1200 games at this point. I have no idea how to keep track of all this stuff.

Barely anyone actually uses Desura though. It's mostly just there in case bundled games get Steam keys after being Greenlight.

That is true. After I picked up a couple Desura games from a garbage dump that I discovered still had Steam keys, I figured I may as well clean out my unused keys and see what wasn't redeemed.

hohoXD123

Hi guys how's it goi....

593987.png

V has come to.

Ok I'll come back later.

Nabs

Guacamelee STCE has a new beta branch called "Co-op update". Now, this could just be a bug fix or whatever, so don't get your hopes up for online co-op. Of course this would happen after I finally convince Stallion to play the game.

Alright, I'm disappointed in SteamGAF. In all my time, both as a lurker and a member, I have never seen any love for Savant - Ascent.

pic3.png

Savant is a platformer shoot 'em up, developed by D-Pad Studio (they're also working on Owlboy, which looks awesome), based on the persona of the musician Aleksander Vinter, who produces music under the same name, Savant. It uses his music (dubstep-ish? trust me, it works), and his stage character. And it's rad as all hell.

• The Story is pretty simple. The "Malicious Orb" throws Savant from the top of his tower, and starts creating enemies out of random objects in the tower. Savant fights his way through these odd enemies, up to the Orb to take back his home. There's a little more to it, but I don't wanna spoil it, because it's pretty sweet.
  • Gameplay consists to your character Savant, who can shoot in any direction, and jump/dodge between 2 points on the level. You kill special Golden enemies that carry pieces of CDs. When you collect all 4 pieces of a CD, you unlock a new track to play to, as well as a new ability, like charging up attacks to do more damage. The game is fairly difficult before you beef up with the abilities, and learn how to properly use them. At that point, the game becomes much easier, but there are also Time Attack and Endless modes to keep things challenging.
  • Some other stuff about the game... 1) The artwork is amazing, the game is just gorgeous. 2) The soundtrack is awesome. When most people I tell about it hear "dubstep-y" they tend to lose any interest. But it really fits the game, and it's totally ballin'. My personal favorite is Melody Circus. The music helps drive the intensity when the game is tough, and also making you feel like a badass when you're wrecking. 3) It's one of those games that forces you to Git Gud™, but you'll have a great time doing so.
Anyways, the reason I'm posting this is because the most I ever see it mentioned, is when it's in a ModBot giveaway. That, and it got a free update today, which adds a new, really tough level. All updates and expansions thus far have been free, and the devs have said that the same holds true for anything they add in the future.

And the best part? The game is only $2. It's an absolute steal at that price. Hell, first person that's the least bit genuinely interested and adds me, I'll just buy it for them. This game deserves way more love than it gets. If you get your hands on a copy (it's been bundled a few times, probably will be again), you really should play it.

I just don't even bother with Desura at all. I have so many keys I could probably do a massive Desura giveaway, but I don't even think anyone redeems them.

There are a couple users I've seen who've hoarded a lot of the Desura keys I've given away, so there's definitely some interest. May as well do a garbage dump and get rid of them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guacamelee STCE has a new beta branch called "Co-op update". Now, this could just be a bug fix or whatever, so don't get your hopes up for online co-op. Of course this would happen after I finally convince Stallion to play the game.
Too late my hopes are up for online co-op.

yatesl

So, with Turkey getting regional pricing, is it included in the RUS/CIS/South America locks?

I've noticed that games are prices there are very similar to said regions.

Maniac

Banned
Mods can't set the tags of other users. They can set their own tags, though.
Oh. Aha. Huh. How the hell does someone end up with a tag, then? :p

Whats Rift Theatre? I know Rift the game but that's about it.
Guess I'm way too late to answer that, heh.

we are supposed to not like 95% of the games out there, unless its made by a popular japanese studio or director, than its safe
I dislike over 90% of all japanese games I've played, so come at me bruvs! Seriously though, I just don't like most japanee stuff.

I even liked the driving in Rage!
I loved the driving in rage. I had lots of fun with the races (hence why I completed every single one) and a glorious time with the vehicular combat.

why the fuck did i click on that

edit: seriously i appreciate some fun to be had with my phobias but please people stop constantly looking to test how much i can take. it's not funny and it makes me miserable. i already had to pm some people personally so i'm just asking here. don't push that type of freaky shit, don't even link it, it fucking freaks me out alright
Now I just want to hug you. Not even kidding. :[... If it makes you feel any better, I'm a steadfast slayer of arachnids!
Today's Origin game on Uplay deal is Dragon age 2 66% off!
That just... Sounds and feels... Wrong... It's almost sickening.

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

Shadownet

Banned
finally home. God, watching Fury is emotionally exhausting. I was going to watch a 2nd movie but I couldn't take anymore.

10 minutes till the dream get crushed when there is no Double Dragons Neon.

I can tell when someone is in their teens-early twenties when they say that they didn't enjoy 90% of the japanese games they've played.

Son, back when i was a young lad 90% of the games that came out were japanese. Animes were 2 episodes per VHS for $30-40 each and you found out about game sales from the sunday paper your dad tossed aside as soon as he had all of the coupons he wanted.

Shadownet

Banned
So Bubbavelli, this is your second D for this semester?

Your second D...?

hehehehehe. Forgive me for laughing at your unfortunate event, but it's just too funny.

Maniac

Banned
I can tell when someone is in their teens-early twenties when they say that they didn't enjoy 90% of the japanese games they've played.

Son, back when i was a young lad 90% of the games that came out were japanese. Animes were 2 episodes per VHS for $30-40 each and you found out about game sales from the sunday paper your dad tossed aside as soon as he had all of the coupons he wanted.

As a youngster, I only had a handful og games to play that I liked. The only japaniiruuu games I've ever liked has been Nintendo games. It probably doesn't help that I was part of the master race since I was a wee lad. Man, I played so much Doom, Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper you wouldn't imagine... :p

But Nintendo's good too, man. I can't think of many consoles that've ever been worth buying solely for their first-party content - Nintendo has always been one such case though.

Tellaerin

Psh. When I was in my teens, anime was something you got by trading VHS tapes by mail. If you were lucky, you'd get a couple of tapes from a friend or a convention (or if you were really lucky, a pen-friend in Japan) to start your collection, and then you'd trade people copies of your stuff for copies of their stuff. You'd end up collecting things you might not otherwise have bothered with as trade fodder, which led people to see things that they probably wouldn't've watched otherwise. And getting your hands on a first- or second-gen copy of something from laserdisc with honest-to-God fansubs (done by someone with access to video equipment after hours at their job) was a huge deal.

Yeah, I'm old.

Psh. When I was in my teens, anime was something you got by trading VHS tapes by mail. If you were lucky, you'd get a couple of tapes from a friend or a convention (or if you were really lucky, a pen-friend in Japan) to start your collection, and then you'd trade people copies of your stuff for copies of their stuff. You'd end up collecting things you might not otherwise have bothered with as trade fodder, which led people to see things that they probably wouldn't've watched otherwise. And getting your hands on a first- or second-gen copy of something from laserdisc with honest-to-God fansubs (done by someone with access to video equipment after hours at their job) was a huge deal.

Yeah, I'm old.

oh, that's how i watched DBZ back during the Ocean days and how i originally saw Berserk. Man, nothing beat getting your hands on those tapes.

Turfster

Groupees Be Mine 15 bundle
TIER 1: 0.5$/game, 1$ minimum
  • Project Temporality
  • Boo Bunny Plague
  • Tesla breaks the world
  • Voyage Journey to the Moon
  • Braveland
  • Lionheart
  • Darkstone
  • Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

Maniac