• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

That's why you're a good person. Well, not the dinosaur part, that's just terrible.

Even if you did get rid of one of the best avatars you had during the summer sale.

Now I sort of want to get that achievement again. I always forget about getting around to trying to get it just because I'm not interested in that game.

I should try to get that Cowboy Bebop achievement in Gemini Rue, too.

Just looked that up.
Looks like I need to get it.
Need it to go along with

SEE YOU SPACE INVESTIGATOR...
428250493d2cc5d621734ed35fe60e0858f7b22d.jpg

from Hate Plus

Nzyme32

I'm not trying to steal Rhak's thunder, but I'd also like to point out that I'm doing some raffles for over $1,000 worth of games courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com for my Extra Life campaign on Saturday:

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

Additionally, I'm going to try to do some "test streaming" tonight (most likely Shadows of Mordor) just to make sure everything is working with my streaming setup / microphone / etc. I'll post details about that in a couple hours.

EDIT: I've got a lot of other games I'll probably Modbot raffle here on Saturday too.

Oh, I have my entire Saturday stuck in hospital. Looks like I'll keep this on the whole time!

SO HYPED.
Pre-Load finished, hands shacky.

Yes same. Painfully hyped

Honestly that's one of my biggest issues in Endless Legend. The battles are just blergh. You don't even seem to have much control, either. You get to choose who they go for, but half the time the game seems to ignore that anyway....

I wonder if Age of Wonders 3 battles are any better?

Also, the Nvida 344.48 drivers are out & I see this:
In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for the latest new blockbuster titles including Lords of the Fallen, Civilization: Beyond Earth, and Elite: Dangerous

A quick google shows that Elite may not be on Steam anytime near it's release:( Why!?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why not... All of them? :3

But mostly TEW. Ples. ;p

Edit: By the way, can anyone invite me to the GAF steamgroup?

Because, contrary to popular belief, I'm not rich, no Putin means buying games is harder now, and also, I doubt I'll even beat my first goal, let alone several goals for several games (1 game per goal, it's for charity you cheap bastards!)

H1PSTER

When I get my grubby hands on Beyond Earth I think I'm going to go full harmony.

I've never properly gotten into a Civ game before, this will be great as I'm actually hyped for it too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, I have my entire Saturday stuck in hospital. Looks like I'll keep this on the whole time!

Awesome. You'll get to witness first-hand that I am, in fact, quite mediocre at playing most games.

EDIT: for clarification, last year I played Dishonored and everyone on my feed was like "Dude - you suck at this game" (although they were a bit nicer about it). I was not being stealthy at all, just going around murdering people.

I also played Ittle Dew and got stuck on one of the puzzles for like... 15 minutes. So I'm sure that was incredibly exciting for whoever was watching.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still haven't played more than 15 actual minutes of Civ 5.
I sleep at the tutorial every time.

Same here. I want to be hyped for Beyond Earth (because: space!) but I just can't be. One of my best friends, that's all he plays. Literally thousands of hours of Civ 5. Back when we lived together, he would play Civ 4 on his laptop until it literally burnt his legs.

Jawmuncher

no dinossaurs?

Did I miss a Civ Expansion?

Same here. I want to be hyped for Beyond Earth (because: space!) but I just can't be. One of my best friends, that's all he plays. Literally thousands of hours of Civ 5. Back when we lived together, he would play Civ 4 on his laptop until it literally burnt his legs.

Yeah its a game I want to play but no matter what I have tried it's just not for me.
Shame we never got Civ Revolution on PC. think that would have been a great bridge for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RoboBlitz -- MB-D3ACE5E77DCF46CE - Taken by nja. 4 entrants total.
Great Permutator -- MB-A7293AC7FA2E91D5 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-D4F2BFBCE39E5FAB - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.
Asteria -- MB-3DBC0D5EEC1ED58A - Taken by billmcdougal. 6 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-BB87F69C353F58E7 - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.
The Escapist -- MB-4166A799A4CAF38E - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.
Grim Legends The Forsaken Bride -- MB-710440C2003DD78F - Taken by Aitor. 5 entrants total.
American Conquest -- MB-D01B4C2021420A27 - Taken by Coldsun. 5 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-92CAF23EC50A6E1D - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.
Braveland -- MB-4D465B8E9B782346 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.
Enigmatis The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-83425FC8136085A5 - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Crash Time 2 -- MB-8D72FA59A46E399C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Frederic Resurrection of Music -- MB-B231528121D70599 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-15630DF55399E824 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-EEF474704671ECDE - Taken by provista. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Siren`s Call -- MB-1C2F3E310DF3AAB6 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 3 entrants total.
Glacier 3 The Meltdown -- MB-A75C716AF4700F58 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Haegemonia Legions of Iron -- MB-8631A38A8142CCFE - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-57D987249DA90C9A - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-29C5840F6BAFD594 - Taken by MikeDip. 3 entrants total.
Haegemonia The Solon Heritage -- MB-274FE22BB550EC71 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Cossacks European Wars -- MB-8401DB239271512F - Taken by Uzzy. 2 entrants total.
Cossacks II Napoleonic Wars -- MB-46BC5D94F6F3C119 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-A6E9B1F08F146E63 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Depths of Fear Knossos -- MB-FD6520BBC6ABED3E - Taken by didamangi. 6 entrants total.

Antisquad -- MB-BEBBFBB2B474C326 - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.
9 Clues The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-D4925496C2E010F9 - Taken by Aaron D.. 5 entrants total.
SPY FOX IN DRY CEREAL -- MB-6F68836BB8B92AAF - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 1 entrants total.
Afterfall InSanity -- MB-E72267250F34FA7E - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.

t1414024535z1.png

Grief.exe

I have a video I can link to you when I get home that outlines the basics. Just a quick 15-20 minute primer that allows you to be proficient at the game until higher difficulties.

Zafir

Maybe playing the tutorial is your mistake? xD

I genuinely just learned by playing and doing.
I wonder if Age of Wonders 3 battles are any better?

Also, the Nvida 344.48 drivers are out & I see this:

A quick google shows that Elite may not be on Steam anytime near it's release:( Why!?
Yeah I own Age of Wonders 3 and the combat is miles better. I do really recommend it.

Jawmuncher

No War Machine?
More like Avenger Age of Lame.

---------------------

Can I get the video again Grief?
I watched it during deployment and tried to play but Civ 5 was running really bad on that laptop so I ended up getting fed up with how to play and lost the link.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just looked that up.
Looks like I need to get it.
Need it to go along with

SEE YOU SPACE INVESTIGATOR...
428250493d2cc5d621734ed35fe60e0858f7b22d.jpg

from Hate Plus

Yet another game that I have in the "I really need to get around to playing this because I've heard good things about it from people like zkylon" pile :/

Listen to these gaffers.
You're playing it wrong. Skip the tutorials and just start a single player game. Listen to your advisers and read the pop ups to learn more about how to play the game.

Maybe playing the tutorial is your mistake? xD

I genuinely just learned by playing and doing.

Yeah I own Age of Wonders 3 and the combat is miles better. I do really recommend it.

Thanks, I was meaning to pick it up after the Golden realms expansion for cheap.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of NightmareTrigger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SPY FOX IN "DRY CEREAL" -- MB-97E16E9C819D13B3 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
LIONHEART LEGACY OF THE CRUSADER (GOG) -- MB-DC7D8A0553D9D9D1 - Taken by Jørdan. 1 entrants total.

t1414026456z1.png

Lomax

I've had to stop activating the games I'm getting in bundles, because I decided I want Binding of Isaac: Rebirth to be my 1000th game, and after a few bundles in the last week I've jumped up to 995 and still have 2 weeks to wait...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one of you techheads help me, is it possible, when you use 2 screens, to "lock" the second screen at a certain resolution.

I ask because both my monitors are 24" 1080p, but when I downsample a game (from 1800p, I cant do 4k for some reason) the second screen flips out, like if I have a browser there it will go off center and what not

Grief.exe

Can I get the video again Grief?
I watched it during deployment and tried to play but Civ 5 was running really bad on that laptop so I ended up getting fed up with how to play and lost the link.

I'll get it to you when I get back to the house.

one of you techheads help me, is it possible, when you use 2 screens, to "lock" the second screen at a certain resolution.

I ask because both my monitors are 24" 1080p, but when I downsample a game (from 1800p, I cant do 4k for some reason) the second screen flips out, like if I have a browser there it will go off center and what not

Are you using DSR? It doesn't work with dual monitors or SLI currently.

Zafir

What settings are you using for your monitors? I just double checked and I'm not having that issue when using DSR to downsample on my main monitor.

Turfster

No fix, it's what windows does if the res doesn't match the desktop res... here anyway.

xBladeM6x

Works for me, but the 2nd monitor flips out. Which is normal. Just means that if people like to multitask, they should be playing at native resolution.

Rhaknar

What settings are you using for your monitors? I just double checked and I'm not having that issue when using DSR to downsample on my main monitor.

no DSR, I just created / added those higher resolutions using nvidia control panel (nabs walked me through it), but I guess the end result is the same. well shit. oh well

Works for me, but the 2nd monitor flips out. Which is normal. Just means that if people like to multitask, they should be playing at native resolution.

guess so, good to know its not just on my end then. I usually dont downsample anyway in case I want to stream

Nabs

no DSR, I just created / added those higher resolutions using nvidia control panel (nabs walked me through it), but I guess the end result is the same. well shit. oh well

I haven't been able to give it a shot yet, but they say DSR is pretty good. You can enable it in your NV control panel under Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.

Zafir

guess so, good to know its not just on my end then. I usually dont downsample anyway in case I want to stream

Ah right. Yeah, using that 'brute force' method will cause your second screen to go funny. No way around that unfortunately.

Didn't you get a 970 though? Surely you could just use DSR instead of messing around with the old method.

When I get my grubby hands on Beyond Earth I think I'm going to go full harmony.

I've never properly gotten into a Civ game before, this will be great as I'm actually hyped for it too.

Harmony is the only way. Co-existence over sole existence.

Good choice.

And to anyone who's new to Civ: don't be afraid to play on the easier difficulties until you get comfortable with the game. Civ is (traditionally) designed to be fun at all skill levels, and I'm sure CivBE will continue this trend.

The customizability of Civ games is one of its greatest features.

Edit
Honestly that's one of my biggest issues in Endless Legend. The battles are just blergh. You don't even seem to have much control, either. You get to choose who they go for, but half the time the game seems to ignore that anyway....

Yeah, EL's combat is a real drag. It just makes me want to play Age of Wonders 3 or Civ... And unfortunately in EL autoresolve isn't an option as it is highly suicidal.

Hopefully the devs patch it and make it better - or at least faster - somehow.

MUnited83

For you.
Got to play Evil Within PS4 on a store today. Holy crap that was terrible. Blurry as shit, low resolution(apart from the lightning, which was nice, it looked like a PS3 game), lots of framerate drops. And the damn camera is terrible. Why the hell does the protagonist take like half of the screen when you are in more closed areas?

Rhaknar

I haven't been able to give it a shot yet, but they say DSR is pretty good. You can enable it in your NV control panel under Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.

whats the difference between DSR and the method you taught me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom