• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you get your 970(s) yet? I might delay my playthrough of Unity till I upgrade my gpu.

Nope, and I probably won't have them for a while yet. One of my 670s appears to be having issues (both appear fine in Safe Mode, but once Windows proper boots up, Device Manager says one of them is "reporting a problem") and the drive I re-installed Steam to following my dedicated Steam drive dying also appears to have died overnight. The aforementioned dedicated drive dying didn't bother me much, but the drive I re-installed Steam to has around 1.6TB of unrelated stuff I'd like to get back, so hopefully the old freezer trick proves useful -- at the very least it'd be nice if I were granted enough time to generate a list of the files on the drive (minus Steam) so I know what I'm missing. I've ordered a 3TB replacement that should arrive tomorrow morning, so we'll see how my luck turns out.

Haunted

In just one year, my pc went from meeting the recommended requirements to now meeting the minimum....
Well, this is the first current-gen only game from Ubisoft on PC, pretty much everything else up until now has been cross-gen titles held back by the old hardware.

derExperte

I wish I got 1 980 instead of going for 2 970s myself, only because my second refuses to arrive and the "new rig" buzz is wearing out fast. That and SLI still seems finicky from what I read here and there. should have just gotten that 980 and not worry about it anymore for the next 2 years

A single 980 won't last much longer than a single 970.

JaseC

I wish I got 1 980 instead of going for 2 970s myself, only because my second refuses to arrive and the "new rig" buzz is wearing out fast. That and SLI still seems finicky from what I read here and there. should have just gotten that 980 and not worry about it anymore for the next 2 years

SLI is fine. The only remotely recent games I'm aware of that don't support SLI at all are id Tech 5 titles (Rage, Wolf14 and The Evil Within).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Preparation for Extra Life? Nice. Best of luck to you (and everyone else) doing stream marathons. :)

Thanks! And thanks to those that tuned in to watch me fail miserably at one of the pure stealth missions in Mordor! It seems everything was in good working order: I just watched a bit of the archived video and it seems to have all been working fine.

Saturday is going to be a lot of fun - I've got 18 games lined up and I'm going to be spending about an hour and a half to two hours on each game. I'll be doing a bit of a "quick look" on each and offering a bit of commentary here and there. If it's anything like last year, I'm going to start getting really tired around hour 16 or so, which means there will be at least 8 hours of quality entertainment while I try to keep myself awake.

And remember guys, it's all of the kids! Be sure to check out my donation page to get a supporter badge for your Steam profile and a chance to win some great games.

Jawmuncher

SLI is fine. The only remotely recent games I'm aware of that don't support SLI at all are id Tech 5 titles (Rage, Wolf14 and The Evil Within).

Is the reason were suffering with IDTech 5 because Bethesda has to recoup costs on it?
Engine is straight garbage.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lol

Come on, there's only one right now.

well we can infer from the fact that none of the marvel films have been any good that the next one won't be either

mXZrGsZ.jpg

FloatOn

well we can infer from the fact that none of the marvel films have been any good that the next one won't be either

even winter soldier? even guardians of the galaxy?

the others haven't been out of the park amazing but those two were top tier popcorn flicks. anyone who says otherwise has a heart colder and deader than mine.

JaseC

Ugh. Is it actually worth the pain of buying the digital deluxe to play? :/

I haven't played the DLC myself, but it's only a few missions long. I was saving it for after LibHD, but due to a premature GameSave Manager entry, moving to Win8.1 resulted in me losing my save and I've yet to bother restarting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you just said you are waiting for a updated pre-sequel profile! and Mordor doesnt have a profile either right?

Im very likely talking out of my ass, its quite large afterall

Took Manus out in about 4 tries, using Sif as a distraction during that fight. So happy to put dark souls to rest. Hopefully, dark souls 2 doesn't have anything as annoying as S & O because I'm not sure I have that in me anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Took Manus out in about 4 tries, using Sif as a distracting during that fight. So happy to put dark souls to rest. Hopefully, dark souls 2 doesn't have anything as annoying as S & O because I'm not sure I have that in me anymore.

it doesnt...well...I summoned a lot more in DS2 than I did in DS1, so Im not the best person to judge that >_> but O&S almost broke me, and no boss in DS2 did that

FloatOn

Took Manus out in about 4 tries, using Sif as a distracting during that fight. So happy to put dark souls to rest. Hopefully, dark souls 2 doesn't have anything as annoying as S & O because I'm not sure I have that in me anymore.

oh just wait until smelter demon 2.0

dark souls 2 was such a disappointment. hopefully bloodborne delivers

Jawmuncher

O&S was the highlight of Dark Souls for me.
After that the game was snoozeville until the last boss. But once I found out you could parry him back to easy mode.

Miguel81

Took Manus out in about 4 tries, using Sif as a distraction during that fight. So happy to put dark souls to rest. Hopefully, dark souls 2 doesn't have anything as annoying as S & O because I'm not sure I have that in me anymore.

I left my sign outside O&S to practice by helping others. It was the only way that I could find a decent strategy that worked. Since I went in blind I had no idea about summoning Solaire :(

The Four Kings were the hardest bosses in the game due to the distance from the bonfire. For me, anyway.

Edit: I was a wily thief INT/DEX build.

JaseC

Sorry for your misfortune, and I hope you get your content back as that's most important. I really should get around to purchasing a new HD before something like happens, and stop throwing caution to the wind.

Yeah, as long as I can generate a list of the files I'll be happy. It'd take me a few months to re-download everything, if I absolutely have to, but that's better than nothing.

you just said you are waiting for a updated pre-sequel profile! and Mordor doesnt have a profile either right?

Im very likely talking out of my ass, its quite large afterall

You can force SLI in TPS and Mordor by using Nvidia Inspector to change the compatibility bits.

Rhaknar

You can force SLI in TPS and Mordor by using Nvidia Inspector to change the compatibility bits.

...I dont understand any of you just said, you might aswell be speaking Australian :/

im a noob :(

I left my sign outside O&S to practice by helping others. It was the only way that I could find a decent strategy that worked. Since I went in blind I had no idea about summoning Solaire :(

The Four Kings were the hardest bosses in the game due to the distance from the bonfire. For me, anyway.

Edit: I was a wily thief INT/DEX build.
Not knowing about Solaire is what caused me a lot of issues, too. Felt super stupid when I found out he was an option afterwards.

FloatOn

hey so I just saw the pillars of eternity specs. are they joking with the 25mb storage requirement?

is this a super low end game? could I play it on my switch 10?

Rhaknar

hey so I just saw the pillars of eternity specs. are they joking with the 25mb storage requirement?

is this a super low end game? could I play it on my switch 10?

that has to be a typo, the game looks like a modern game

JaseC

...I dont understand any of you just said, you might aswell be speaking Australian :/

im a noob :(

Nvidia Inspector allows you to change Nvidia's default profiles and in 99% of cases you can use this functionality to force SLI in cases where Nvidia's own profile doesn't offer it.

Edit: Oh man, the drive that died overnight is a 3TB. I ordered a 3TB replacement (just as well), but that means there's actually ~2.5TB of stuff I need to get back.

iosefe

it's a fantastic game. I was doing nightly matches with a friend a few weeks ago and it's by far the most fun I've had with a 4x game. Every race plays completely different, the artstyle and graphics are gorgeous and the combat is pretty good. What's neat is that every race has a main quest that you can do that spans usually the entire game; it's a neat diversion to do if your currently stalemated or just waiting for research/building. I played the roving traders which are the economic victory race, and it's an incredibly fun way to play that game. You can't declare war as roving traders since it's 'bad for business', so I was sitting on massive stockpiles of dust (currency) and precious resources and just bribing/manipulating every side against each other to gain profit. What's really cool is you can hire merc armies and set them as a neutral, flagless army and wreak havoc on enemy territory without them even knowing it was you (which I did alot =P). The only thing I don't like is some mechanics are never explained so you have to rely on user guides to understand some important stuff.

well that sounds fantastic

*entered*

Miguel81

It's the Virtua Fighter 20th Anniversay. A compilation of those game released on Steam would be a dream. I remember fiddling with part 2 on PC back in the day. Not sure how good that port was, but I doubt it would be the version that we would receive.

Part 2 was something to behold if you spent time in the arcade in '95-96. And 3 has never received a perfect home conversion. Everyone would most likely be into part 5 Final Showdown as that was the most recent release.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone know if the current version of GTA SA has all the music currently? I want to know if I should jump on it now or just wait for a sale before the update.

Rhaknar

I need to get me a XB1 wired controller, my 360 left stick is very wonky (was really annoying during Styx) and I still prefer that over the dualshock, even the ps4 one. Plus the XB1 is completely plug and play on PC now correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom