• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Four Kings > O&S tho

I finished the 4 kings in one try. It was one of the easiest bosses in the game if you go tank melee

Four Kings on NG = tank tank tank tank and spank

NG+ = Oh god what I am dying oh god another fuuuck

For some reason that was my experience

I need to get me a XB1 wired controller, my 360 left stick is very wonky (was really annoying during Styx) and I still prefer that over the dualshock, even the ps4 one. Plus the XB1 is completely plug and play on PC now correct?

I should do this too, I told myself I would buy an X1 controller once drivers were released, and then never did....

I need to get me a XB1 wired controller, my 360 left stick is very wonky (was really annoying during Styx) and I still prefer that over the dualshock, even the ps4 one. Plus the XB1 is completely plug and play on PC now correct?
The controller is fully compatible, but I don't know if the driver still requires manual download and install, or is already included in a Windows update.

Miguel81

JaseC to the rescue!

Too bad about the lack of wireless receiver, as that is a pretty big deal for couch play.

Having just gone through a playthrough and gotten a bajillion achievements in Xcom from the dlc's, it's shocking how easy the game becomes once you get to laser weaponry. You don't even need to use cover at that point, and that's on classic difficulty.

Why did they make ballistic weapons so shitty but the next level up so god-like

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Having just gone through a playthrough and gotten a bajillion achievements in Xcom that I didn't have before, it's shocking how easy the game becomes once you get to laser weaponry. You don't even need to use cover at that point, and that's on classic difficulty.

Why did they make ballistic weapons so shitty but the next level up so god-like

but they look cool :(

I need to download that again and get my enemy within on

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dude, the MEC units are so worth the price of Enemy Within. They're incredibly baller. Just punch everything and light the world on fire.

but then I cant name those GI Joe / Transformer / Random childhood cartoon memory names like I do with all my units :(

def sim

you could tank 4 kings pretty easy I thought

Yeah, that's why I liked S&O better. There's no way to cheese them, as far as I know, and they're tough to boot. Easily the most difficult encounter in the game for me.

The controller is fully compatible, but I don't know if the driver still requires manual download and install, or is already included in a Windows update.

I did a fresh install of windows on a new SSD a few months ago and the controller worked from the get go.

Exuro

How do I use DSR? I have a gtx 770 and the 344.48 driver but don't see the option in resolution in geforce experience.

edit: nevermind, I guess some games just don't support it. Was going to try portal 2 but apparently I can't do it.

Nabs

Thanks. Geforce Experience only picks up on a few games I have, so not a lot to choose from that would be playable(125 installed and only 15 found). : /

You can enable DSR globally through the Nvidia Control Panel. Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.

Rhaknar

Is that raffle poll still open? Anyone got a link?

err you mean the one to choose between Alien/Mordor/TEW/Beyond Earth/Styx? Im sure its still out there but im not looking at it anymore after people blatantly cheesed it (you could multi vote and I didnt know) and it annoyed me so now ill choose something myself

its probably mordor or beyond earth since they were by far the 2 biggest voted while it was still legit for a bit

also, ib4

c7NJRa2h.jpg

Exuro

You can enable DSR globally through the Nvidia Control Panel. Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.
Just tried this. The scaling was atrocious and it made my mouse cursor like 10x bigger. Really weird and somewhat funny stuff. It's too bad you can't just apply this to any game.

Rhaknar

Just tried this. The scaling was atrocious and it made my mouse cursor like 10x bigger. Really weird and somewhat funny stuff. It's too bad you can't just apply this to any game.

you can downsample most games, unless DSR does something special besides just downsampling. I played Styx at 1800p -> 1080p with no DSR

Tizoc

Are any of these Groupees Be Mine 15 games worth getting?
Temporality
Braveland
Darkstone
Lionheart

Is that Spy Fox game already available on Steam?

Grief.exe

Best Buy and Amazon were doing sales on wired 360 controllers yesterday. Might be worth checking out if you are interested.

Rhaknar

Best Buy and Amazon were doing sales on wired 360 controllers yesterday. Might be worth checking out if you are interested.

you realise of course Grief, that I am not American or live in America :p

Ill just amazon.co.uk one probably, around xmas cause now there are other priorities (my 360 still works afterall)

Jeez, Legend of Korra looks super ugly :(

yeah :(

Ventara

Just checked out the new bundles, and wow, Mind: Path to Thalamus is already bundled? Good for me I guess, though kinda steep at $4 since I already have The Book of Unwritten Tales and the other two don't seem that great. I'll still probably pick it up. Hopefully the three locked games are good.

Will probably pick up Temporality and Braveland from Groupees Be Mine 15. Glad I didn't preorder (even if I only save 75 cents), since the guess that The Novelist would be in it was wrong.

What do you guys think of Bundle Star's Lord of the Rings Bundle? Good? Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom