• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
someone posted an angry comment on my gamemaker review cos i used it for 977 hours and still don't recommend it

some people can't read, i didn't say the program is bad, i said buying it on steam is bad

It ends when October ends (the actual day of Halloween is the 31st).
wasn't talking to you

my vampire zkylon persona is a big jerk

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
someone posted an angry comment on my gamemaker review cos i used it for 977 hours and still don't recommend it

some people can't read, i didn't say the program is bad, i said buying it on steam is bad

But buying something on Steam is never bad.

Shadownet

Banned
I find it difficult to believe that your PC will run the game worse than the 900p/30fps of the PS4, despite their claims for minimum and recommended specs.

I have an i5 3570K (that I'll overclock a bit) and a GTX 670 (for now), and I'm really not worried.
I have a.... *look at the box* i5-4670K and a GTX 760 (which I'm planning on keeping for at least 2 more years)

I mean I guess if I can run the game at 1080p and a stable 30fps. I can't complain there. There is still a month away so I'll wait for more official words from Ubisoft before I ask for a refund.

You could ask Valve to revert it back to a gift and then sell it yourself.
Do they do it often? or is it one of those rare cases? Just wanna know my chances.

So you could enjoy the superior 900p 30fps...?
900p and 30fps isn't bad if I can play it smoothly. That the most important part.

[/IMG]
YEAH HIGH FIVE!
I have more DLCs then I do games..
282 vs 295

Oh btw remember someone posted a command that let you include every F2P games out there on your profile so it count in your total games?

Apparently Valve patched it or something? (this was a long time ago)

JaseC

Do they do it often? or is it one of those rare cases? Just wanna know my chances.

Having pre-order gifts reverted is something of a "silent" policy. First time:

As a one-time customer service gesture I have repacked the non-collector's Edition version of the game on your account.

Second time:

As a one time customer service gesture we have removed this game from your Library and have added it back to your inventory.

Oh btw remember someone posted a command that let you include every F2P games out there on your profile so it count in your total games?

Apparently Valve patched it or something? (this was a long time ago)

Yes, Valve quickly changed FoD subs such that the apps they grant no longer count as owned, but this had the (probably unintended) side-effect of allowing people to activate gifts or CD keys tied to free content, which does make the content count as owned (provided said content isn't in sub 0).

Arthea

idk... buying on steam can be bad... if you have to live hungry and on the streets afterwards, but then again it's probably how things are supposed to be in Aussieland, what do I know.

Asskicker

I assume he means the russian Witcher 3 which is cheaper and still not locked last I heard, I dont get the secrecy either, its not like we dont talk about that here all the time, as far as I know its not taboo all of a sudden. If he's talking about something else I apologize and he can enlighten you :)

If you know about TF2Outpost and Dispenser.tf then you know what I'm talking about, So don't worry.

That's what I thought, hence the confusion. Thanks guys! :)

Shadownet

Banned
Yes, exactly. Can't wait to see if they got Paris right the way I remember it being during those days.
So that old man in your avatar is really you huh?

Having pre-order gifts reverted is something of a "silent" policy.

That's reassuring, thanks. I guess I got some time to think about this. Btw what will you do JaseC? Since right now your GPU is a 680? Will you upgrade to a 970 to play this game?

Edit: @JaseC-- also thanks for the explanation about the F2P games. Is there anyway to reverse the process? I ask because I use this program to download Grid Arts every now and then. And it download the F2P artworks as well despite them not even showing up in my library.

Kinda annoying but not a big deal. I just wamted to ask if I can get those F2P off of my account somehow.

Edit 2: sorry for the weird Russian Witcher 3 hush hush. Its late here. Idk what I was thinking. Forgive me.

Edit 3: @JaseC-- did you tell her you wanted Saoirse for Christmas?

JaseC

That's reassuring, thanks. I guess I got some time to think about this. Btw what will you do JaseC? Since right now your GPU is a 680? Will you upgrade to a 970 to play this game?

If I can sell my EVGA 670 for $200 (or thereabouts), I'll buy a 970 within the next few weeks. I may even be able to get the rest from my parents as an early Christmas present (my mum keeps asking me what I want). Once I have the 970, I'll flog off the other 670 and, after Christmas, put that money towards a second 970.

Edit: Go to your account page and click "Remove" on the stuff you no longer want.

zkylon

zkylewd
So that old man in your avatar is really you huh?

Edit: @JaseC also thanks for the explanation about the F2P games. Is there anyway to reverse the process? I ask because I use this program to download Grid Arts every now and then. And it download the F2P artworks as well despite them not even showing up in my library.

Kinda annoying but not a big deal. I just wamted to ask if I can get those F2P off of my account somehow.

Edit 2: sorry for the weird Russian Witcher 3 hush hush. Its late here. Idk what I was thinking. Forgive me.

Edit 3: @JaseC did you tell her you wanted Saoirse for Christmas?
i think mrorange should have a little talk with you about post quality

this amount of edits is not healthy

jerk vampire zkylon!

Shadownet

Banned
i think mrorange should have a little talk with you about post quality

this amount of edits is not healthy

jerk vampire zkylon!
I'm sorry.. I'm on my phone. It take a ridiculous amount of time to copy and paste responses together. Editing is quicker for me. Sorry.. But I'll keep myself in check from now on. Thanks for the advice.

I've finally started dipping into the world of banned/removed Steam games, and I can see why many of them were removed. A large majority are terrible - I picked up MLB Front Office Manager last week for a steal at a dollar store and redeemed a Steam copy, then tried playing it. Buggy garbage.

I've also got a copy of the Legends of Pegasus Limited Edition on its way to me from the UK. From what I hear, this game is so bad that its publisher went bankrupt a week after its release and pulled it immediately. I have to see how bad it is - I've heard that half the campaigns aren't even playable without serious console hacking in-game.

JaseC

I've also got a copy of the Legends of Pegasus Limited Edition on its way to me from the UK. From what I hear, this game is so bad that its publisher went bankrupt a week after its release and pulled it immediately. I have to see how bad it is - I've heard that half the campaigns aren't even playable without serious console hacking in-game.

The dev went bankrupt, not the publisher. Kalypso is still very much alive. ;)

JaseC

Dragonball has a store page now (and yes, it's region-locked).

was it you that left the angry comment???

woulditbebadd4fw6.gif

(It wasn't, I swear.)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Still on the fence as to whether I should get Enemy Within. I like Enemy Unknown but I haven't put a lot of time into it. I guess I should wait and see whether I actually go back to it and play through to the end. I'm sure there'll be other deals eventually.

Chariot

My keyboard looks disgusting. I hope the new month comes soon so I have budget to buy a new one. Should've never tried to look under the keys.

Dr Dogg

You know the big problem with system requirements? They never say what resolution, what framerate or what level of settings they are for. It's just what the developers/publisher claim to be the ideal experience, where ever that bloody well is.

Not me! *pats 1680x1050 monitor* *watches as another piece falls off*

I'm half expecting your monitor to have a bezel made out a cereal box to keep the thing together. I've got a 21" 1680x1050 monitor that's only been used twice sat in a box here for about 8 years you could have (pay for the astronomical shipping of course).

nampad

Anybody know what the gift package is from buying a Greenman Gaming VIP title?
If I buy CIV over the VIP program, I have to pay €37.49. With my voucher, only €35 but no VIP perks.

Dr Dogg

greenlight update: 5 games were ungreenlit! during last day.
no, I'm not kidding

I begin to wonder is counter even working, at this point.

Wouldn't that also be an unupdate seeing as there's no indication as to what's been 'redlit' or 'greentinguished'. Yeah I like greentinguished.

Edit for your edit: Yeah that's not even hiding it's Wind Waker 'inspirations' there. Fonts, UI/HUD layout and animations are strikingly close.

Arthea

If I buy CIV over the VIP program, I have to pay €37.49. With my voucher, only €35 but no VIP perks.

the games are listed in there, on the offer page, nothing worth to bother.

Wouldn't that also be an unupdate seeing as there's no indication as to what's been 'redlit' or 'greentinguished'. Yeah I like greentinguished.

and suddenly my head hurts, jee thanks (><)

Xanathus

I've got that feeling where I wanna buy something on Steam but I know there's a sale coming up and I shouldn't, so I end up just looking at the Discovery list and add games to my wishlist.

Cancelled my Unity pre-order, might as well wait until I've upgraded my card and can get the thing for half off. I've seen the Xbone version in action, and I'm not touching that again, not even with a ten-feet pole. :lol

Yakkue

Gun Monkeys (Steam)

Kung Fu Strike the Warriors Rise (Steam)

Kung Fu Strike the Warriors Rise Master Level DLC (Steam)

Onlive 7 day Trial (Other)

Nosgoth Veteran Pack (Steam)

The Journey Down Chapter One (Steam)

Chariot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2a9xVKLO-U

In the video they just show removing a couple keys, I recommend removing them all, cleaning the insides and then putting them all back again.

If you search on youtube there are plenty other tutorials too.
I chose the tutorial with the prettiest girl for you
Thanks!
I will try to keep my next keyboard in shape, but after removing more keys, I really don't want to see more of this.

I only buy 10 Euro ones anyways, so it's not that big of a deal.

Kiru

Is there anyway to reverse the process? I ask because I use this program to download Grid Arts every now and then. And it download the F2P artworks as well despite them not even showing up in my library.

I can send you a script that will remove most of it. I'm just on mobile now, so wait a bit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom