• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 3D Realms has come back together, or at least it seems to be the dev team of the recent Rise of the Triad release with some 3DR vets added in who are now working under the 3D Realms name.

https://3drealms.com/

Hope they release that Anthology on Steam soon. So many of those games are ones I haven't played since I was a kid.

I guess it isn't very likely, but there's a chance.

WHAT?????
MY DAY IS COMPLETE! LONG LIVE THE KING!

The same bro, the same..... I bought this on GOG and it runs well on Windows 7, the only problem that I see is the textures and it does not support widescreen but man!! as you said, for the nostalgia! :D

I hope they add Arcanum, it's a good game!

Good to know it runs well under Win 7. Might have to pick it up during "that time of the year", otherwise known as the Steam Winter Sale or "wallet am cry".

I can understand the lack for widescreen support but, yeah, here is the nostalgia playing.

Arcanum was fantastic. Had a great OST too and one of the nicest "choose whatever class you want" style. I ended up as an armored high-tech dude with a rifle and my brother chose a mean necromance who killed everyone, lol.

So, yeah, interesting surprise of the day I guess!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes, I'd like to trade in my 39 Team Indie coupons for 780% off please. Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe this is not completely related to your post, but I want to take this opportunity to say I have found out just recently that when putting -window or -windowedmode fails, adding manually the resolution like -windowed 1280x720 works for me, that's fixed a lot of problems for some games that could not run properly.

windowed is not the same as borderless windowed, you realise that. borderless looks like fullscreen, but you are still windowed so you dont need to tab out for example

zkylon

zkylewd
Saw this on reddit, looks really cool.

http://www.oddtales.net/

tln_screen.jpg

wow that's gorgeous

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Alien Isolation was SO good. I read about it being 20 hours long and I was afraid that was too long. While yes, the game dragged in some parts, it was still an amazing experience. Certainly on my GOTY list.

oh shit Killer is Dead is published by deep silver(which means its on sale) AND its not region locked?! well hot damn. Tell me gaf, is it any good?

Need a bit help here.

I think about getting Rage+Scorchers DLC from Russia. From Germany it costs 6,23€ but from Russia only 2,48€ (131rub)!

I don't know if it's region-locked from RU though, so I tried solving it on my own and went on SteamDB. To be precise here https://steamdb.info/sub/35057/ It's Rage's RU/CIS sub.
But there are so many subs and I don't visit that site much, so I don't know if I am at the right page at all, hah.

But as I take both the game and the DLC is fine to buy from Russia?!

So yesterday was my birthday[...]
Happy belated birthday!

nampad

the games are listed in there, on the offer page, nothing worth to bother.

and suddenly my head hurts, jee thanks (><)

Gun Monkeys (Steam)

Kung Fu Strike the Warriors Rise (Steam)

Kung Fu Strike the Warriors Rise Master Level DLC (Steam)

Onlive 7 day Trial (Other)

Nosgoth Veteran Pack (Steam)

The Journey Down Chapter One (Steam)

Thanks, so it is not really worth it.
Just bought the game. This fall is already killing my wallet and without the immediate support for my Macbook I didn't want to get the game but the discount is not bad and I don't think it will get a good price soon when the Mac version releases.

Still need to get so many other games, argh.

Character design and animation inspired by Sword&Sworcery really ruins this potential good game.

I had the exact opposite reactio-- Wait... What?

I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that since they specifically mention Flashback as an inspiration and the fact that the picture referenced was an absolute dead ringer for the game, it just might have been a callback to that.

Bought Killer is Dead, even though I thought the pervy stuff is a bit of a turn off. Seems from what i read that Grasshopper was forced to do it. Meh. Just hoping for some Suda nonsense and that that stuff doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Dark Souls 2 keeps crashing for me whenever I have to travel somewhere via bonfire - anyone know how to fix this?

I had a bug where whenever I reversed hollowed in Dark Souls, my character would just sit at the bonfire and not leave it. It would happen like 50% of the time by the end of my run, making it super annoying. I would have to log out of GFWL so that the game would kick me back to the title screen and then load my save file again to fix it.

I feel you on your bonfire problems, bro

Thrakier

GAF please help me. I want to play GTA IV EFLC but I can't start it because of GFWL. I log in with my account, put in the serial code, click on "ok", I get an error message like "can't log in" or something like that and then the game chrashes...

any time anybody has login problems with GFWL, I always say to go to Xbox.com, login there, and make sure there isn't some TOS stuff you need to agree to.

Because I've had that problem on more than one occasion.

God damn you are right. What a POTS this software is!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ludwig -- MB-610B34880EC8F5DE - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-CA75D01CCAE2B47D - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.

t1414093659z1.png

Has anyone here used Influent before? How is it?

Does anyone knows if it is a good way to learn a language (specifically, I'm interested in German and/or Japanese)?

I was at lunch so I'm a little late on this, but I have Influent and the Japanese pack and played some of it. I doubt you'll learn the language from playing the game, as it seems to be mostly just vocabulary. It helped me remember some old vocabulary words, but not much beyond that. As you progress in the "game" it gives you more (and more difficult) words. I say game in quotes because the gist of the game was to walk around the house and click on objects corresponding to the vocab words. I think there might be some mini games in there too, but I didn't get that far.

Anteater

Just finished the legend of korra on normal, game overall is ok, I like the combat, the charging, style switching, dodge and counter all add up to being a bit more complex than I originally thought it would be, at the end of the game I still haven't gotten the combos down and was still a bit hard to manage all the styles switching due to having 4 different types of elements on the 2 shoulder buttons, but once you chain the right moves it's really satisfying.

Outside of combat I find the rest of the game to be pretty terrible, the beginning was paced kind of bad, with some mini games that pad the game inbetween sections that I would consider boring to play, the combat is the game's strong point but there aren't really enough fun enemies to fight and I think it lacked a bit enemy variety, with some sections and encounters that range from "it's ok" to "this is boring", the final boss felt like a watered down senator armstrong and I didn't quite like fighting that dude so I didn't find the boss here particularly that appealing, and it's basically the only "epic" boss the entire game they put some efforts in.

I think for a budget title, it's alright but I probably would rank it a bit lower than something like Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae which is a much less polished title but there are some things I like there more and hate less than Korra.

Haven't played extreme yet so maybe my opinion might be more positive after I dig deeper into its combat. So far I'd rate it a C out of 17.

borderless looks like fullscreen, but you are still windowed so you dont need to tab out for example

Yeah, in fact for me several games - Shufflepuck, Luftrausers, Obulis - on Steam are not playable in fullscreen mode on Windows 8.1 - the screen is full of bands and stuff - but playing them in windowed mode fixes it, the ideal solution would be a windowless borderless mode with the highest resolution as possible, too bad I have had to fiddle with launch options and compatibility modes bedore I was able to work around it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MulderWasTaken, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call -- MB-51566BD910CC4FA6 - Taken by Aitor. 7 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-131A5F3B91D77A39 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-44C51B1C7CC271C0 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1414096719z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tries to unlock rewards in Blacklist uplay screen

"we were unable to complete this action right now. Try again later"

well ok then ubi >_>

edit: HOLY CRAP Blacklist is pretty o_O that...that was unexpected

Jadax

I had a bug where whenever I reversed hollowed in Dark Souls, my character would just sit at the bonfire and not leave it. It would happen like 50% of the time by the end of my run, making it super annoying. I would have to log out of GFWL so that the game would kick me back to the title screen and then load my save file again to fix it.

I feel you on your bonfire problems, bro

Yep same. It sometimes crashes when I have to travel, sometimes when I die and am about to respawn (it freezes for a second, and then crashes during the loading screens).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

H1PSTER

BEYOND EARTH IS THERE, TEASING ME!

I CAN'T! I JUST CANNOT!

/(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Jørdan

Last one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jrdan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

8N4E3tu.jpg

Paranautical Activity -- MB-D5F6A508AE8B48A6 - Taken by Vazduh. 10 entrants total.

t1414094079z1.png

Thought y'all would like to hear that I announced my new free expansion for Cook, Serve, Delicious today, called CSD: Battle Kitchen!

Weekly Challenges!
Local Multiplayer!
Campaign Co-Op!
Tournaments!
eSports!
WOOOOOOOOOO

Lots more info here: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/100764627289/cook-serve-delicious-battle-kitchen-revealed-weekly

Thanks SteamGAF for all the support you've given me since CSD launched last year, I deeply appreciate it. Y'all are the best. :)

I was not aware you worked on CSD, congratulations and thanks for this new expansion, much appreciated!

zkylon

zkylewd
Thought y'all would like to hear that I announced my new free expansion for Cook, Serve, Delicious today, called CSD: Battle Kitchen!

Weekly Challenges!
Local Multiplayer!
Campaign Co-Op!
Tournaments!
eSports!
WOOOOOOOOOO

Lots more info here: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/100764627289/cook-serve-delicious-battle-kitchen-revealed-weekly

Thanks SteamGAF for all the support you've given me since CSD launched last year, I deeply appreciate it. Y'all are the best. :)
wait it's free? wtfff

go esports

kudoboi

Weekly Challenges!
Local Multiplayer!
Campaign Co-Op!
Tournaments!
eSports!
WOOOOOOOOOO

oh man that reminds me, i have to go and complete cook serve delicious. tnx for making such an amazing game!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My PC will take a break for Bayo. Never played Bayo 1 so I'll start with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom