• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I really have no idea which game dropped the cards fastest or longest as I just set Idle Master up and left it running for a week and a half straight and didn't bother to check the machine it was running on until they were done. You peeps have waaaay too much time on your hands if you're counting off the minutes for your card drops :p

Deques

I really have no idea which game dropped the cards fastest or longest as I just set Idle Master up and left it running for a week and a half straight and didn't bother to check the machine it was running on until they were done. You peeps have waaaay too much time on your hands if you're counting off the minutes for your card drops :p

Borealis is potential the fastest. Just idled it and it took only 35 minutes according to Idle Master to get all the cards

Nabs

I think the longest I've waited for a single card drop, excluding cases where there were server issues, is around 90 minutes or so (Disney games, although the drop times have since been reduced).

you did? I was just told that it takes 2 hours, I should have checked myself.
I wonder why people get different rate of card drops, though. I thought it's only dependant on rate devs set up.

Check this out.

It looks like Valve sets it to 30 minutes/card by default, and devs can crank it up to 2 hours if they want. I feel like Blade Symphony has it at the max.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check this out.

It looks like Valve sets it to 30 minutes/card by default, and devs can crank it up to 2 hours if they want. I feel like Blade Symphony has it at the max.

The lowest seems to be 10 minutes, at least for the first drop, as I've received quite a few accidental drops while idling for Playfire's "Play x for the first time" reward.

Dr Dogg

so... you mean there is no visual difference whatever res you choose? (><)

See this is actually a very good point you bring up because usally at the higher end of the spectrum regards to settings for a fair amount of people they become more difficult to tell how the level of quality is altering. Now if that's the case you could probally show someone a game with every setting turned up to the fullest and the rendering resolution to 4 times the display size and compare that to something quite some notches down and rendered at native display resolution and in an A-B test I'd think quite a few wouldn't tell the difference. So does that mean people should flip out when they can't 'max' a game? No it shouldn't but there's that whole inferior psychological complex going on that you can't have it as the 'best' the game offers, despite some not really being able to tell let alone enjoy/appreciate the difference. The experience and art of the game should come first not the bells and whistles, they're the cherry on top.

Borealis is potential the fastest. Just idled it and it took only 35 minutes according to Idle Master to get all the cards

I can't remember what it was that I started up, might have been one of the Football Managers but I went away for about an hour and after that had 4 items in my inventory. If I'm sat in front of a computer when they drop I just dump them on the market straight away so I'm never really keeping an eye on things.

L.O.R.D

YES YES YES
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918193

Codemasters has announced a new table top racing game called Toybox Turbos, coming to Steam on November 12th at £11.99 and will be heading to Xbox 360 and PS3 shortly afterwards.

Even though it's titled Toybox Turbos, it definitely channels the spirit of micro machines – Codemasters racing series featuring toy cars which first came out in 1991.

toyboxchemistry01jpg-dfbc0b_960w.jpg

toyboxkitchenbreakfast01jpg-dfbc0c_960w.jpg

toyboxtoyroomarmy01jpg-dfbc0d_960w.jpg

toyboxturbos03jpg-dfbc0e_960w.jpg

toyboxturbos09jpg-895ad0_960w.jpg

toyboxturbos13jpg-415d08_960w.jpg

toyboxturbos16jpg-dfbc0f_960w.jpg

really loved micro machines 2 , i played it on ms dos in school back then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I loved the early micro machine games, this might just be a day 1 for me

Dr Dogg

I used to love MicroMachines on the NES. Especially seeing as it was a freaky unlicensed game that worked like a Game Genie. Even the MegaDrive version of 2 was whacky as you could have 4 players by plugging you joypads into the ports on the cart.

Toybox Turbos look vuuryy purdy!

Arthea

I like Micro Machines like any other human being, but that screenshots overload ... not so much (><)

See this is actually a very good point you bring up because usally at the higher end of the spectrum regards to settings for a fair amount of people they become more difficult to tell how the level of quality is altering. Now if that's the case you could probally show someone a game with every setting turned up to the fullest and the rendering resolution to 4 times the display size and compare that to something quite some notches down and rendered at native display resolution and in an A-B test I'd think quite a few wouldn't tell the difference. So does that mean people should flip out when they can't 'max' a game? No it shouldn't but there's that whole inferior psychological complex going on that you can't have it as the 'best' the game offers, despite some not really being able to tell let alone enjoy/appreciate the difference. The experience and art of the game should come first not the bells and whistles, they're the cherry on top.

I agree with this wholeheartily.
First goes gameplay, then art (music), then performance and only then being able to run on max settings. I feel that it's oldfashioned view lately (><)

Ozium

Anyone remember that Toy Commander (I think that was the name) on Dreamcast?

I wish that was on Steam or at least a follow up to it... cool concept

Milchmann

Was the "onlyallowrunincountries" tag ever added to a game at a later point? Thinking about buying the Russian version of Football Manager 2015, which doesn't have the tag right now.

Ozium

Was the "onlyallowrunincountries" tag ever added to a game at a later point? Thinking about buying the Russian version of Football Manager 2015, which doesn't have the tag right now.

yes

it resulted in many tears

every. single. time.

edit: in before jasec history lesson :p

Arthea

ya, it was, on more than one occasion. Is FM 2014 region locked? Don't remember, that can be an indication.

JaseC

Was the "onlyallowrunincountries" tag ever added to a game at a later point? Thinking about buying the Russian verison of Football Manager 2015, which doesn't have the tag right now.

There's no RU/CIS sub for FM 2015 and cross-region trading/gifting is disabled as of two weeks ago, so you can't buy it from a Russian. To answer your question, though, there have been cases where OARIC was applied retroactively, but the change has never stuck because it impacted those who'd already activated a gift copy. This is part of the reason why Valve created AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting -- it allows publishers to retroactively region-lock a game without drawing the ire of those who already own the game (in other words, it more or less only affects traders).

Ozium

JaseC: I can post a comment to my activity feed and tag it with Wheelman, but I can't tag it with Paranautical Activity.. why?

Arthea

There's no RU/CIS sub for FM 2015 and cross-region trading/gifting is disabled, so you can't buy it from a Russian.

wait... are you saying RU region has no FM2015, or you are saying they get row sub but gifting is disabled?
because football is very big there, it would make no sense not to release it in that region, and I'm 100% sure that FM2014 is available there.

JaseC: I can post a comment to my activity feed and tag it with Wheelman, but I can't with Paranautical Activity.. why?

to make you suffer more, obviously (><)
maybe steam is trying to protect you from the dev's rage?

JaseC

JaseC: I can post a comment to my activity feed and tag it with Wheelman, but I can't with Paranautical Activity.. why?

Valve doesn't want people talking about it. :p

wait... are you saying RU region has no FM2015, or you are saying they get row sub but gifting is disabled?
because football is very big there, it would make no sense not to release it in that region, and I'm 100% sure that FM2014 is available there.

The latter. The sub is universal -- it's used everywhere.

Maniac

Banned
It's just "Hahaha!"
... I told you I wasn't very good at this. :p

We are proud of you!
One of us! One of us!

Dang it, I went +70 to my Steam library this week.
It's a cold, dark night in a desolate mountain town; lowly chanting can be heard, it goes "One of us, One of us, One of us!", the townfolk of SteamGAF was chasing WinterDemons, slowly chanting a prayer; "Gaben is my Shepherd; I shall not want consoles. He maketh me to lie down in greenlit indies: He leadeth me towards the Steam sale™. He maketh the SteamWorks™: He leadeth me in the Store of righteousness for His game' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EA, I will fear no Kotick: For thou art with me; Thy cards and thy badges, they comfort me. Thou preparest my wallet before me in the presence of thou sales; Thou annointest my eyes with Daily Deals; My Steam™ Library runneth over.

Surely Gordon and and his crowbar shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the Cloud of VALVE forever
", whilst proclaiming that he shall be "One of us!"

Soon, he stopped fleeing; he'd accepted his fate, and his family never heard from him again.

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Only time I ever bought a fedora
391030_2590496887541_376870768_n.jpg

Im not giving any details.
Sexy pic yo.

Well, strictly speaking, it was added about a week after release. ;)
So uh, do they still give it or was it just back then around release? :p

I hope GTA 5, Batman or MGS Phantom Pain get a price error.
Hell no, based Kojima deserves my full-priced preorder. Day 0, man.
Unless there's a CE, then... It'll be an even fuller-priced preorder. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Today wasn't a total disappoint, after all:

sli34fn5.jpg

I've no idea why the slot started working again, but I'm glad it did.
That's bloody weird and glorious. I believe congratulations are in order. Hurrah!

you always ignore me on steam :(
We all do.
<3

Im not entirely sure yet. So far so good, I really enjoy it, all Im saying is it'd be cool if there was a Mexican person on the team of a game essentially about Dia de los Muertos and Luchador culture.

Im Mexican
I knew it. Mexicans are awful at yoga. There was no other plausible explanation :3

Now it's the time to go do the same for their culture!

Those damn canucks making a mockery and a profit off my culture.

/s
Sorry, eh
wow at fourth dark souls 2 dlc incoming

i guess i can't complain but that's like hard to keep up by now

pretty crazy how much stuff they've been making, considering how high quality it's been and how hard it must be to make souls content
Neat. I thought there wouldn't be more than the 3, glad to be wrong though. :p

DOTA, CSGO, Payday 2, CiV 5.
Yes. Especially GO and Dota. With Payday and Civ, you can't spend money forever. But with GO and Dota, you can. Easily.
So.

The Forest.

Kinda damn crazy.
It really is. It's crazy, and hell it's creepier than Lenny hiding in a dark alley, in the shroud of a spoiler tag
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Do tell, HP. I'm definitely going to pick this up one day, and have watched quite a few videos etc - one thing it seems to lend itself well to is wacky anecdotes from emergent gameplay moments (even if some of those do entertainingly stem from some bugginess).
Lots of great stuff in the game, both emergent and not. There are just a lot of sensible design decisions and important details. It's got an incredibly solid foundation, and it's really pretty lookin'.

Hahaha I wish. One plus point Black Flag had over III is that it was much, much more scalable and could run fine on lower hardware if you dialed back the settings which made very little difference in III. I don't have too much to hand to show you the demands of Black Flag but these might give an idea.
The biggest plus for Black Flag was that it was a good game. Although, it was a great pirate game, but it honestly fell flat as an actual... You know, assassin game. But still, it was good, which is a rare occurance with AC.

Unless you're Jase

The lowest seems to be 10 minutes, at least for the first drop, as I've received quite a few accidental drops while idling for Playfire's "Play x for the first time" reward.
Speaking of Playfire... Has anyone had problems with it? I connected my Steam to it, but it says I have 0 games; I'm unable to get rewards by playing, and you can't even remove your Steam from it without contacting their support. :|

Edit: Interesting post to have as page-king, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the amount of new options in Enemy Within compared to vanilla X-COM is ridiculous, should I use any of this Second Wave shit for example?

abracadaver

Bought Narco Terror

I have tearing on the upper half of the screen and the game crashes with a sound loop whenever I quit. Besides of that I really like it.

didamangi

I wish Valve make an option for us to use a coupon with base prices when the games's on sale in checkout, have a 50% off Ziggurat coupon that's useless now.

Lain

yea it's great. got really moving by the end too. soundtrack is really amazing as well, it's on forever rotation on my cellphone

i'm asking my friend cruising around japan to get me this ryuko nendoroid to look over my desk

http://theblogofnendos.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/09c9622995e0d4c6262e350248197177.jpg

i was thinking about satsuki too, so hard to choose between them

What, no Mako nendoroid? Disappointing!
Mako is what made Kill la Kill into the awesome show it ended up being for me.

Rhaknar

reminder that I will be doing a 24hour stream of a shitload of different games tomorow (in less than 20 hours in fact) for Extra Life, if you want to help out the kids (and make me feel like im not wasting my time), you can:

Donate here

Watch the stream here

I will also be doing a raffle with some games, depending on what goals I reach. First one was $100 which was reached very fast, and that "unlocked" a copy of Civiliation Beyond Earth, next up if / when I hit $200 I will add a copy of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. After that, who knows, we'll see. So you at least know that there might be something in it for you, besides, you know... the charity :p

JaseC

I wish Valve make an option for us to use a coupon with base prices when the games's on sale in checkout, have a 50% off Ziggurat coupon that's useless now.

Yeah, if a coupon's discount is greater, you should be able to use it.

Vlad

Yesterday together with a pretty awesome update:

Hmm, I never did get that perfect rating on the last few levels. Maybe I should go back and check this out. Don't know how I feel about the new overworld yet, though. I kind of liked the old one. You could access any level at any time, and it was pretty much the player's responsibility to figure out the difficulty curve.

Braag

I have bunch of coupons which are gonna expire soon. Most of them are for some games I've never heard of, but there's also a 50% off Orcs Must Die 2 and 75% off Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition. If anyone wants them I'll give them away. I even had a 90% off Serious Sam 3 coupon which expired last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom