• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Nope, I haven't tried playing the one you can access from the menu. I see people in the OT being really pissed about it so I still haven't tried :p

I was already pissed right at the start, it feels jerky like I don't know what, and that was my most awaited thing about Korra game (><)
must be my luck

FloatOn

I started up bionic commando rearmed last night of all things.

I never finished it on 360. I don't know if I'll finish it now.

Alavard

Good morning, everyone.

It's Friday, and the release day for CIV:BE, so I fear this day is going to go really slowly at work. On the plus side, I'll get a couple of hours to play it when I get home before the gf gets home from work.

Jawmuncher

Good morning, everyone.

It's Friday, and the release day for CIV:BE, so I fear this day is going to go really slowly at work. On the plus side, I'll get a couple of hours to play it when I get home before the gf gets home from work.

Maybe she'll be late so you can play it longer.
Gotta get all the time you can.

I dont agree to that at all. I mean he even admitted using a cheat...
Sorry but he also pointed out that the tension is what makes the game good, but then admits using a cheat to not encounter the alien in most situations.
I also dont get why he is comparing it to Last of Us or Red Dead Redemption.

I can totally see why people wouldnt like the game, but this article seems like the author tries to find "scientifical" reasons instead of just saying he didnt like such kind of games.
I somehow think he was expecting a Colonial Marines and got an Outlast.

Two days old but I missed it, Ryse got a nice patch that improves performance for (not only, but especially) GTX970/980 users. http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=302510 Benchmarks with latest NV driver: http://www.computerbase.de/2014-10/ryse-patch-beschleunigt-nvidia-amd-grafikkarten/

Excellent news! Will have to try this out again today. Got to chapter 4 but kind of fell of it, really enjoyed what I played though. Even though I had to play through the first 2 chapters three times because of the save erase bug >.<

He has incredibly pedantic complaints:

1) Complaining that he can't view certain objects in-depth in the first room where the player has control.
2) Small moments of gameplay/story segregation with regards to needed equipment. Might have been a fair complaint, but considering the fact that Amanda is an engineer and thus knows what's needed to open the door, and that information has to be communicated to the player in some fashion, that's a nitpick.
3) Admits that the game is too scary for him, so he uses cheats to trivialize the game, LOL.

He has incredibly pedantic complaints:

1) Complaining that he can't view certain objects in-depth in the first room where the player has control.
2) Small moments of gameplay/story segregation with regards to needed equipment. Might have been a fair complaint, but considering the fact that Amanda is an engineer and thus knows what's needed to open the door, and that information has to be communicated to the player in some fashion, that's a nitpick.
3) Admits that the game is too scary for him, so he uses cheats to trivialize the game, LOL.

Besides I dont get what he means by that:

When I heard the alien appear, but didn’t see it, I panicked and just waved the flamethrower around, accidentally killing an innocent android.

Usually it takes a while to kill the androids by using the flamethrower.

I find hilarious that he used a trainer to skip all Alien encounters...I mean, an Alien game without an Alien is a walking simulator. Because I doubt that a trainer can kill only the Alien AI, so basically he killed the entire AI, androinds and humans too.
And there's no point to play a survival horror if you can't die at all.

Regarding the tension...well, it's a game with an Alien, of course there should be tension.

his problem was the tension is ramped to 11 the entire game, which I completely disagree. It's a survival horror game where F2F encounters generally lead to death 95% of the time. Is there tension throughout the game? Yes. Are there different levels? Also Yes. The 'Alien-present' tension is a whole lot higher than the 'walking around the world' tension.

Seems like he's just bitching to bitch because everyone else loved the game.

Outland was a very nice game. I'm hoping we can see more Housemarque games on PC in the future.

Most of the stuff they've worked on is owned by Sony

Dead Nation is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Resogun is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Super Stardust&#8482; HD ©2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Housemarque OY. Super Stardust is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Outland seems to be an exception since Ubisoft published and Housemarque apparently owns the IP but the rest of those great games they're known for? They're probably never leaving sony platforms. And I wouldn't be surprised if Alienation is owned by Sony, too.

Sendou

Most of the stuff they've worked on is owned by Sony

Outland seems to be an exception since Ubisoft published and Housemarque apparently owns the IP but the rest of those great games they're known for? They're probably never leaving sony platforms.

Yeah I'm aware of that. That said they are not owned by Sony or anything so they're free to work on whatever they want. Here's what they said when they announced Outland for Steam:

Coming back to PC is huge for Housemarque. As our first release, Outland doesn’t support mods, but its performance will let us test the waters of a community that is really open to user generated content and crowdsourcing. As a company, we feel that our style of creating games stems from the mod-scene and now making a leap back to PC feels a bit like returning home.

I just hope something comes out of this.

Arthea

Someone should write an article titled 'Alienating the player, or the save system in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I'd rather have an article about save system taking away any choice from player: when to save and why or get screwed by autosave if something goes wrong with it, of many things that can go wrong. I'm so not fond of that system and any amount of excuses can't make me see otherwise.

This post has made me realise that trainers still exist. Good times. Also, a decent article. I really liked the game but I can understand why someone might find issues with the pacing. I haven't finished it but in the time I've played it's felt extremely deliberate in trying to ape the original Alien movie.

Pretty sure that was the point, or at least one of the main points. Between the design, the
derelict level
and the DLC's, it's probably the closest anyone will ever come to a 1:1 video-game remake of the original movie.

Pretty sure that was the point, or at least one of the main points. Between the design, the
derelict level
and the DLC's, it's probably the closest anyone will ever come to a 1:1 video-game remake of the original movie.

I know this, hence why I loved the game. I think it's a game that captures it's source material better than any other game I have played. It's incredible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's actually a good sign, because if someone (in this case WB) gives enough of a shit to spend money to defend this IP then that means they wish to do something with it eventually.

There is the possibility that this was Night Dive's plan all along.

That's terrible news.

These big publishers are so frustrating. If they succeed in blocking The use of the IP, then they will just sit on the game indefinitely.

Yeah, I don't see WB making an effort to buy or "lease" the games from Fox. At the moment I'm inclined to think this is more a "Because we can!" thing.

Usually, last-minute extensions are frowned upon by the courts. It always looks like the claimant is not prepared and is just stalling for time while they figure out what to do.

Given what you said, I'm reasonably sure that Night Dive has a good case to prove grounds that WB's objection is frivolous, considering they didn't bother to do anything until the eleventh hour.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Usually, last-minute extensions are frowned upon by the courts. It always looks like the claimant is not prepared and is just stalling for time while they figure out what to do.

Given what you said, I'm reasonably sure that Night Dive has a good case to prove grounds that WB's objection is frivolous, considering they didn't bother to do anything until the eleventh hour.

Here's hoping!

Stitch

Gold Member
Yeees managed to get the last SE.

0RfOt43.jpg

It's ugly (thanks USK and PEGI) but it's what's on the inside that counts &#10084;

Yeees managed to get the last SE.

0RfOt43.jpg

It's ugly (thanks USK and PEGI) but it's what's on the inside that counts &#10084;

Depends on if you own a WiiU.
If you don't, it's just a pretty knick knack that will sit on your shelf forever. :(

--

So... apparently changing your steam installation drive counts as logging in from a new computer.

Volvo, your incompetence will never cease to amaze me.

louiedog

It'd be nice if indie devs would use literally anyone other than Sony as a publisher.

I look at a game like CounterSpy, which is on PS3, PS4, Vita, iOS, and Android, two platforms that I own, and just wish I could play it on my PC but don't see it ever happening because of Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom