• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

That Alien Isolation San Cristobal mission was horrible, had to repeat it like 8 times... :(

Hope the rest of the missions are not so hard.

Here's an Alien in a girl sailor school uniform, just because.

Such a great part in KLK.
Also the only part I ever found hard was the hospital so I think you should be fine

Nzyme32

I know, I did that, but the Alien just came out of nowhere and killed me a bunch of times, even killed me a few times while I was hiding under the beds, that bastard sure runs fast.

Alien hears pretty much anything except the footsteps when you crouch. If you step on cans, glass, doors or even have your motion tracker out, it hears everything. Also, Alien sees lights from you and your weapons. But I sympathise, pretty sure I died there a lot.

Such a great part in KLK.
Also the only part I ever found hard was the hospital so I think you should be fine

Good to know that was the hardest part, I've enjoyed the game a lot until that mission.

Was that actually in KLK? Cause that looks legit as hell

Yes, It was funny, I stopped playing Alien Isolation, started watching episode 16 of Kill La Kill, and there was the Alien again!

Deitus

Metro Redux bundle is already 50% off? And here I thought I got a good deal by buying the originals when they were on sale for the 50% pre-order discount.

I guess the lesson here is that loyalty discounts are for the most part not that generous.

Shadownet

Banned
I was excited for the movie, then I saw it will be released in 2015 in Europe... -.-
Yeah I notice that most movies are released really late in Europe. I feel bad for you all. Why so long for the delay..

Anyway, I saw a trailer for the new Hunger Games movie. That girl with the permanent duck face, the girl that is Kirosa's avatar is in the movie Lol

Only a couple more weeks until Interstellar. Hell yes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Metro Redux bundle is already 50% off? And here I thought I got a good deal by buying the originals when they were on sale for the 50% pre-order discount.

I guess the lesson here is that loyalty discounts are for the most part not that generous.

Well, you got the games at a discounted price two months earlier, so there's that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
FtbbnB0.png

Freddi Fish? I guess that's kinda creepy.

Deitus

Well, you got the games at a discounted price two months earlier, so there's that.

True, but I haven't played them yet, so it was pretty much a waste. I assumed it was only going to hit 33% off early on. If I had known it was only going to be 2 months for them to hit 50% off, I would have just waited.

I mean it makes sense that a remastered version of older games would drop in price somewhat fast, but I feel like this just reaffirms that they priced it too high to start with. Oh well, I guess I'll wait next time something like this happens.

Derp

Arkham City GoTY ($5 on GMG). Should I grab it? I've never played a Batman game before (don't shoot me pls).

Edit: The reason I ask is because I've never really been into DC/Marvel superhero games.

Alpha Protocol is 15€ with no discount on GMG's Haloween sale :/
Guess they will add the discount later but I think it'll be still 5€ at the most. Will bite at 2-3€.

Levyne

Banned
Am I the only one just now learning about Conversion?

Looks like an interesting beefy expansion/mod to Portal 2.

header.jpg

But also a Portal 1 re-make maybe?

We all know what happens; Chell deactivates GLaDOS, gets put in extended relaxation only to be reawakened years later to fight again and escape. But what really happened in Aperture Science during the intervening years?
Have you ever wondered: Why does Aperture look so different in Portal 2?

There are holes in this story, questions left unanswered! Conversion is here to fill some of these holes. You will see completely new locations of the Aperture Science facility, and use new testing elements. You will travel with new companions and encounter new foes.

Familiar constructs like that of GLaDOS and Wheatley will return! In addition new companions such as The Administration Core, August, The Security Core, Ben, will help you save Aperture Science!

Some of our new areas are F-STOP inspired, such as "The Lost Complex". This area will feature new gameplay never before seen in a Portal game.

Did you think that Portal games were too linear? Would you have liked to make more moral choices? It could be fun to use this conception in Conversion, but here, in Hidden Valley, we think that it is important make gamers feel immersed and that their decisions have a very real impact on their experience and their companions. We do not want to give you a "press-a-button-to-choose-an-ending" experience; you are the master of your story.

Other screens on the store page.

Free, too.
I just need to buy Portal 2

If this is super old, I'm sorry ;;

Enco

Alien keeps getting more terrifying. Feels like I'm in a horror movie - doing all the dumb things that come with the territory.

5 hours in so far. Think this is the most I've ever played a horror game. Most get really boring really quickly.

One of my favorite games in a while. Don't think it tops Wolfenstein for GOTY though.

Arkham City GoTY ($5 on GMG). Should I grab it? I've never played a Batman game before (don't shoot me pls).

Edit: The reason I ask is because I've never really been into DC/Marvel superhero games.

If Asylum is available for a similar price or in a bundle, get that. Asylum is more Metroidvania whereas City is open world, depends on which you like more

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Get the bundle. I actually prefer Asylum to City myself for the more Metroidesque structure -- City's open world never really grabbed me in the same way that Asylum's labyrinth did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom