• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turfster just shot himself in the arm.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about GAF deal trackers (I'm an expert) but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on reddit where you can get upvoted by being an asshole. If you negllect deals in GAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the NeoGAF membership, after hearing about this, is not going to want to reply to Turfster, nor will they read any of his posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Turfster has alienated an entire forum with this move.

#REKT
Who's Turfster?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can civilization beyond earth be played with Steam Library share? My brother has it in his account and shares his library with me, but I do not see it in the list. Same for payday 2. Is there a list or something of games that do not support it?

Both games support it. Here's a list of those that don't.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Both games support it. Here's a list of those that don't.

Additionally if you're browsing the store using Enhanced Steam, it will display a notice as such on the store page..

BGwmwJ8.png

XShagrath

Is there any way to remove the "BIG PIC" button that rests on top of the Steam menu in the Steam Client? If I want to go to the first tab up there, I have to hit View and then arrow over.

Anteater

Well just finished pro bending mode too in Kurra, don't think I'll get the rest of the achievements.

Pretty fun game, if you can get it for cheap.

Shadownet

Banned
Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

(Though personally I liked Constantine a lot)

If you like a badass rampage/revenge movie. This is it. Probably my vote for underrated movie of the year. Why underrated even though it has 85% on rottentomatoes? Because movies like Guardians of the Galaxy probably got more money and press attention while this might slip under the crack.

Its like the Dishonored of movies for this year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

Deitus

I'm a huge fan of Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. But I'm not that into melee, so maybe people's gripes with combat don't resonate with me. The magic/ranged combat in those games is great fun.

Magic combat in Elder Scrolls is fun? Maybe it gets better when you get further in, because I remember it as "run backwards and hold Mouse 1 until either they die or you run out of mana, at which point you might as well switch to melee since your mana regen in combat is for shit". In Skyrim at least, I considered rerolling as a melee class since I figured that had to be more fun than magic, but then I just quit instead.

Dr Dogg

also im a nub and completely failed at setting up my second gpu, and now im afraid to even try again in case I blow up my computer (or my gpu)

If you're reading this and not that gigantic wall of text I sent you, watch the video in the second PM. That should give you an idea of what you need to do to install a gpu regardless if it's your first, second, third or fifth.

Uggghhh... I wanna play a game on my laptop, but I'm at work so that's probably unwise. I'll read Snow Crash instead.

Given the influence that it has over lots of video game designers and players I'm honestly kinda surprised that Snow Crash has never been nabbed for a game adaption at any point. I guess that it doesn't really lend it self to any one particular type of established genre, plus all the religious stuff is probably pretty difficult to touch in a mass market game.

It's been a while since we've had mention of Dragon

All hype for DRAGON THE GAME died with its delay.

Illusory promise is superior to the skeletal corpse of ambition. Not even the warm glow of DTG's glory can stoke the hype-train's engines again.

I don't know how long I can keep up this charade.

Volimar

Magic combat in Elder Scrolls is fun? Maybe it gets better when you get further in, because I remember it as "run backwards and hold Mouse 1 until either they die or you run out of mana, at which point you might as well switch to melee since your mana regen in combat is for shit". In Skyrim at least, I considered rerolling as a melee class since I figured that had to be more fun than magic, but then I just quit instead.

The early spells in Skyrim do make you get in close. The later spells are better about it. So much fun to stand way back and cast fury on an enemy and watch him go nuts on the other enemies.

Bought Legend of Korra, imagine it won't be the next God Hand in terms of some reviews not appreciating it's full complexity but I'm hoping I'll still have some fun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i know you must be wondering but i have a pretty strong opinion on which one out of all of those you should skip :D

I know, but I want to compare all of the main games to each other, especially 3 and NV. I was only able to borrow 3 and NV before, and I had to rush through NV in a relatively short amount of time before giving it back, so I want to spend a lot of time with both games this time around :p

Not sure if posted, but Ghostlight have started the hint machine again.

Also a small update on Way of the Samurai 4:

Here's hoping that both of those secret games end up being great.

Ghostlight said:
I’ve mainly been working on Agarest 2, where I’ve been trying to hunt down the legendary “jumbo cock”! At this point it’s probably a good idea that I inform you that this particular jumbo cock is in fact a giant chicken

Yeah, that sounds like Agarest alright.

Nobody even trying to guess what's that unlocalized before game that Ghostlight plan to release?
what if it's another 7th Dragon!
not gonna happen, I know (._.)

I really should get around to picking up the DS game, I've been meaning to buy it for a while.

Freddi Fish? I guess that's kinda creepy.

Playing a game about haunted schoolhouses and fish does sound a little 2spooky.

Arkham Asylum is much better in my opinion, but yeah, it's good.

Yeah, I prefer City's combat and gliding, but Asylum got the atmosphere of Batman right. It also didn't overextend itself like City did.

Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

(Though personally I liked Constantine a lot)

If you like a badass rampage/revenge movie. This is it. Probably my vote for underrated movie of the year. Why underrated even though it has 85% on rottentomatoes? Because movies like Guardians of the Galaxy probably got more money and press attention while this might slip under the crack.

Its like the Dishonored of movies for this year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

gotta wait next wednesday for that m8, movies get released le mercredi here in france
fucking baguettes

Vastag

I have a question.
In Mordor I marked all 5 captains, but still on the screen there's a text saying "Mark five captains 5/5".

Is this a bug?
I'm doing the last hunt mission with the dwarf, then I have no story missions left on the map.

You must do the dwarf mission to continue with the story. I think that I got the same message, but can't remember for sure.

L.O.R.D

Start playing Killer Is Dead

Apparently there's a bug that stops you right on Episode 3.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/discussions/0/522728181003355955/#p1

#pcgaming

there is pinned thread for that problem
http://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/discussions/0/37470847704719805/

Encountered a loading issue in Episode 3? Let the devs know here!
We've been talking to the developers of the PC version of Killer is Dead about the issue with endless loading for Episode 3, which arose shortly after release. First of all I want to say I'm sorry about the issue that some of you have encountered and the time it has taken so far to find a solution.

The dev team has been looking into different possible causes of this issue, and ways to fix it.
The status right now is that the issue appears to be memory-related, potentially specifically for dual-core systems.

But we could really use your help to pinpoint the exact cause and find a solution faster.

If you ran into this issue, and have above minimum specs (64-bit OS, 2 GB RAM, Shader Model 3.0 GPU with DirectX 10, and up-to-date drivers), could you leave a comment with your PC specs?

Specifically:
- OS (Vista/Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit)
- CPU model, clockspeed (GHz)
- Amount of CPU cores (single core, dual core, quad core, or higher)
- Amount of RAM
- GPU model

We hope this info will help to find a solution.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide, and we'll make sure the info gets passed along on our end!

--
Maurice | Sr. Community Manager at Deep Silver
i better back up my save when i start playing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom