• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

I hope to see it this weekend. I like Keanu Reeves and the reviews are pretty positive. I haven't seen a well-done action movie that didn't involve superheroes in a while.

Phawx

Anyone do that promo where ordering the ticket of John Wick from fandango gives you a steam key for Payday2

Legend of Korra caps the resolution options at 1920x1080(No 1440P!) and doesn't seem to support 120 FPS
iSqdMLjYrguba.gif

DocSeuss

Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

(Though personally I liked Constantine a lot)

If you like a badass rampage/revenge movie. This is it. Probably my vote for underrated movie of the year. Why underrated even though it has 85% on rottentomatoes? Because movies like Guardians of the Galaxy probably got more money and press attention while this might slip under the crack.

Its like the Dishonored of movies for this year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

SOLD

Given the influence that it has over lots of video game designers and players I'm honestly kinda surprised that Snow Crash has never been nabbed for a game adaption at any point. I guess that it doesn't really lend it self to any one particular type of established genre, plus all the religious stuff is probably pretty difficult to touch in a mass market game.

It's got like five billion exposition. Not good for the format.

Lomax

How's Saints Row? Thinking of grabbing 3 or 4.

Glorious fun, buy the ultimate franchise pack for $13.74, it's probably the best bargain on the entire site. All three games are well worth playing and each has its own particular strengths. (Yes, the Saints Row 2 port is god awful, but with the community patch it runs fine and it's still my favorite of the series.)

Get Saints Row 3 & 4, play it, wonder why it seems to run at 30 fps sometimes, come back here after a half hour of adjusting settings to read this post, where i tell you that the cutscenes are all capped at 30 and that it's not your fault, son, it's not your fault.

Fans of polished Roguelikes, especially those that enjoy ones with a bit of style to them like Shiren the Wanderer and....not much else really, would probably stand to have a good time with Sproggiwood that just released earlier today:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311720/

Now, most are not liable to recognize Freehold Games as a newcomer dev outfit----but what you may very well have at least heard of, if not lost countless hours to, is Caves of Qud---which was their amateur passion project prior to forming Freehold in a bid to help things along/take it and more to the next level.

Shadownet

Banned
"You know, people been asking me if I'm back. I didn't have an answer for it. But now? Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back!" -John Wick

if you like those Liam Neeson "fuck you I'm a badass, I'm going to hunt you down" movies. You're going to love this.

tebunker

Banned
So with games like Dark Souls that are still on GFWL, what is the best thing to do? I have never played this game, would love to jump in this weekend if possible.

Is it better to wait for them to switch it off GFWL, like they did with Batman? I remember that killing my Batman saves.

Any help is appreciated

Tesseract

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-741BA9F3067663A8
Papo & Yo #2 -- MB-A5ACB911BC1094E4 - Taken by anastef
X-3 The Reunion -- MB-30897424124AFA5E - Taken by fspm
Papo & Yo -- MB-5114797B241D7C49 - Taken by WinterDemons

So with games like Dark Souls that are still on GFWL, what is the best thing to do? I have never played this game, would love to jump in this weekend if possible.

Is it better to wait for them to switch it off GFWL, like they did with Batman? I remember that killing my Batman saves.

Any help is appreciated

Dark Souls is getting patched next month, and there's going to be a period where you can transfer your saves over.

Maniac

Banned
*wheeze *wheeze "You want game..." *wheeze "I got game for you..." *wheeze

Steamgifts is Modbot's overweight, unemployed brother.
Speaking of.. Is there anyone here who can invite to the neogaf SteamGifts group? I've got some games I wanna throw up on SteamGifts, it may aswell be for GAF peoples.

Worry not though! I'll be throwing a modbot raffle either later tonight or tomorrow prior to Shackles & Rhaknar's streams! :)
what a deal!! I just bought 4 copies ... just in case ... can't pass up a deal like that!!
/s
No daily deal? At least we can now preorder the Far Cry 4 Season Pass for only 30€!
Uh, remind me why they won best studio?
Probably just Jase's influence

Just watched a gameplay video for Enforcer: Police Crime Action.

Why do I want to buy this all of a sudden?
It's right there in the name. It's got police, it's got crime, it has action AND enforcing of things! Are you even trying?

Turfster just shot himself in the arm.

-snip-

#REKT
What arm?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And I was going to say that this read like an Ozium post, but then I realised it was you. When did you change avatar? lol

Additionally if you're browsing the store using Enhanced Steam, it will display a notice as such on the store page..

BGwmwJ8.png
You've thought of it all, haven't you?

Lomax

Any help is appreciated

The ones we know are getting switched (like Dark Souls) just wait, the ones we are fairly certain will die (like Bulletstorm) play them now while you still can.

Annubis

Any help is appreciated

At this point I'd wait simply because the switch may kill your save and Dark Souls is not a game you want to lose your save.

Any help is appreciated

Dark Souls will allow you to transfer your saves and characters over as part of the transition away from GFWL, so play it any time and enjoy!

I'd recommend you play it after the transition, though, as more people will probably be online for summoning/pvp/messaging. But you can totally play it now if you want. I just put 60 hours into it in the last 2 weeks myself, it was so good.

At this point I'd wait simply because the switch may kill your save and Dark Souls is not a game you want to lose your save.

Not an issue.

We are very excited to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)

In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.

Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.

Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.

The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Join the Bandai Namco Games America Community!

Tesseract

Banned
giving away one of my favorite roguelikes, good luck !

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tesseract, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Depths of Fear :: Knossos -- MB-EFF0BD4253837AEB - Taken by animlboogy. 5 entrants total.

t1414175983z1.png

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Is there anyway to filter out early assess / indie games out? It is starting to get out of control.

Fans of polished Roguelikes, especially those that enjoy ones with a bit of style to them like Shiren the Wanderer and....not much else really, would probably stand to have a good time with Sproggiwood that just released earlier today:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311720/

Now, most are not liable to recognize Freehold Games as a newcomer dev outfit----but what you may very well have at least heard of, if not lost countless hours to, is Caves of Qud---which was their amateur passion project prior to forming Freehold in a bid to help things along/take it and more to the next level.

On board. Threw it on the wishlist because: backlog, I like sales, overwhelmed by the oppressive magnitude of daily living, etc...

And not to disparage this game in anyway, I'd like to just throw it out there that I'm so, so over the whole "humorous world" that has become so pervasive lately. Not just in games, either.

It's become such a cop out of never having to make a stand on anything. If you're too feely, you're too feely, but so what? If you're too obtuse, you're too obtuse, but wasn't Citizen Kane a little obtuse? It was unwieldy and branched out but followed its scope and followed its narratives and we have it there, something of a gold standard.

We're all so afraid of being about a single thing because we're so absorbed with being post-some-other-thing.

Books have gotten worse, where we've followed this whole "voice" narrative to its menial and mundane end, but that's another rant for another thread and time...

Have any cheaper deals for Lords of the Fallen popped up or is it still just Steam and Gamestop?

If you are in South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Bahamas, Belice, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, México, Nicaragua, Panamá, Perú, Paraguay, Surinám, El Salvador, Uruguay y Venezuela.) then you could buy it from a Mexican trader for +-17 TF2 keys.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there anyway to filter out early assess / indie games out? It is starting to get out of control.

Early Access are already filtered out of the new releases section. For further filtering, just use the "customize" buttons on the Store front, you can unselect Early Access titles there.

I was browsing the SteamDB DLC entries for Magicka: Wizard Wars, and found an entry for an unreleased item called "Humble Halloween" that was created two days ago. I am presuming that next week is going to be a Halloween-themed HB.

Also, I'm surprised at how much promo DLC there is for this game. I've been collecting them as I go along, and I like the whole idea of giving different promo items to different gaming sites, but man is it tough to keep track.

tebunker

Banned
Dark Souls will allow you to transfer your saves and characters over as part of the transition away from GFWL, so play it any time and enjoy!

I'd recommend you play it after the transition, though, as more people will probably be online for summoning/pvp/messaging. But you can totally play it now if you want. I just put 60 hours into it in the last 2 weeks myself, it was so good.

Not an issue.

Sweet I am going to give it a go then.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I have nothing against indie titles, but when Im looking to see what steam has to offer the amount of indie games that show up are overwhelming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay managed to sort my second gpu, million thanks to DrDoogie for helping me with SLI shit. Quick Mordor test...

mog1.gif

I guess you were right afterall Arthea, it IS for bragging :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom