• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you be prejudiced against indie games? They're games, and often they're as enjoyable if not more so than their AAA brethren. Just ignore them if they bother you, but being close minded about it isn't the best thing to do if you, you know, enjoy playing games.

Jawmuncher

yay managed to sort my second gpu, million thanks to DrDoogie for helping me with SLI shit. Quick Mordor test...

mog1.gif

I guess you were right afterall Arthea, it IS for bragging :p

They do move in herds

MUnited83

For you.
I have nothing against indie titles, but when Im looking to see what steam has to offer the amount of indie games that show up are overwhelming.

Yes you have. Also, ignoring every game labeled as "indie" is a pretty terrible idea, when there's so much diversity of games that exist with that label.

Ozium

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/ is also out today, another fantastic action roguelike fps

some screens :

that came out yesterday

actually in August ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know it's annoying to post about ModBot wins in the thread but I feel pretty happy that I just expressed excitement about one roguelike and won another in the space of minutes. Thanks, Tesseract.

time for a depth of fear: knossos vs ziggurat comparison!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vibranium, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vibranium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-21E0A68235F11721 - Taken by fspm. 39 entrants total.

t1414220441z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
What, no Mako nendoroid? Disappointing!
Mako is what made Kill la Kill into the awesome show it ended up being for me.
it's all too difficult to choose one from that show

if it was me that was in japan i'd prolly buy all three lol

Braag

The Eidos daily deal is nice but too bad they don't have individual price drops on the games. I own so many games from the bundle that it's not worth it but I would have totally picked up some of the older titles like Deus Ex or Legacy of Kain if they were on sale.

Start playing Killer Is Dead

Apparently there's a bug that stops you right on Episode 3.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/discussions/0/522728181003355955/#p1

#pcgaming

I never encountered this bug, damn... I feel lucky now. Kinda absurd if they still haven't fixed it.

Is the Saint's Row 4 DLC any good?

Enter the Matrix and The Saints Save Xmas are decent additional DLCs for the game.Both of those DLCs are about an hour long each. The rest seem to just be weapon packs or some related nonsense.

I got the complete pack because DLC tends to not go on sale as often as main games so i figure i might as well go all in.

Jawmuncher

Does anyone else not really bother with DLC?
For me the main game is just about all the content I need. Only time I go in for DLC is if its a game I really like or it's something really story worthy/ fan pleasing.

Since I noticed a lot of people here tend to want the complete or nothing.

For me the main game is just about all the content I need. Only time I go in for DLC is if its a game I really like or it's something really story worthy/ fan pleasing.

I don't care for DLC except things like Enemy Within or DLC that has single player story and is long, I don't care about cosmetic, multiplayer or items DLC.

Annubis

I'm a patient man. If I think I'll want any of the DLC a game could have, I'll wait for the GOTY edition.
If I know the DLC will be bad/fluff or simply something I'm not interested in then I'll buy the regular edition and that's it.

So yes, DA:I is coming out really soon and I'll play it next year...

Got real greasy in the pursuit of 2 Payday 2 achievements, I've never thought of myself as an achievement whore but when you tie weapon attachments to achievements all morality goes out the window. Sorry to the dozen or so people I kicked, and thanks to corrosivefrost for the help.

Actually the Killer Is Dead thing is really bumming me out, I know I only got to blame my PC but recent failures:

- Killer Is Dead doesn't work
- Evil Within won't run
- Divinity won't run
- Wasteland 2 is like 20-30fps at low
- and some others I might be forgetting right now

all this at the same time when Dark Souls 2 and something like RE:RE are running great and looking great. Oh well.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ziggurat is also out today, another fantastic action roguelike fps

some screens :

Woah, that game sounds fucking incredible. I just may have to buy this over the weekend. I need to research it more to see if it's as great as it looks and sounds..

Jawmuncher

just finished DR3 with ending S , i guess this is the best ending ?
wait,,THERE IS MUTABLE ENDINGS ?

how to get all the endings ? and that twist in the ending , is they gonna make DR4 ?

Other endings aren't canon and aren't worth it.
You got S stick with it. Also who knows what they do. It sold well enough.

Got real greasy in the pursuit of 2 Payday 2 achievements, I've never thought of myself as an achievement whore but when you tie weapon attachments to achievements all morality goes out the window. Sorry to the dozen or so people I kicked, and thanks to corrosivefrost for the help.

Cheevos tied to kicking people...?

_____

Really need to get my office up and running so I can join you guys!

On board. Threw it on the wishlist because: backlog, I like sales, overwhelmed by the oppressive magnitude of daily living, etc...

And not to disparage this game in anyway, I'd like to just throw it out there that I'm so, so over the whole "humorous world" that has become so pervasive lately. Not just in games, either.

Well, that is a thing---I too like to see things be as bombastic about what they have going for it in their respective niches. Over the top action is best action, dark noir rumblings need not have slices of out of place levity just to appeal to a broader base, and so on.

But here, with this one, a bit of whimsy set on a non-standard backdrop has every indication of being "their thing" from the start. Dungeonmans is violent whimsy incarnate and should be wonderful once it gets out of Early Access to join the likes of this! The token "trying a bit hard there" stuff that does manifest in a great many other things just doesn't at all jump out to me as being present here. This just seems like a good time, and poking in the Discussion thread, it seems the dev team definitely plans to be active on post release support----absolutely essential when it comes to Roguelikes as that drive/ambition flowing onward is key to becoming a classic.

Braag

Oh shit, I almost missed the Deadly Premonition sale. It was nowhere to be seen on the Steam front page.

hmmm, Binary Domain for 5€?

Alavard

just finished DR3 with ending S , i guess this is the best ending ?
wait,,THERE IS MUTABLE ENDINGS ?

how to get all the endings ? and that
twist in the ending , is they gonna make DR4 ?

Unless I'm mistaken, the other endings are just dying/running out of time at different parts of the story, or dying in different boss battles.

Funny Micro Machines fact: Micro Maniacs, the one where the players are these smalls guys instead of cards, is veeeeeeeery trippy when played with headphones. It's like 8 ants are running inside your brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom