• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sales: Frozen Synapse, strategy GOTY 2011 - 50% off

Draft said:
A little contest. Only the old school need apply.

mDtVT.jpg

This is, without a doubt, the most balls nasty 3D accelerator of 1997. It smoked all comers due to an unheard of 6 megabytes of RAM. Quake wasn't Quake until it was running at 640x480, over 30 fps with transparent water and real time rocket based light sources.

First person to identify the manufacturer and name of the card gets a copy of Frozen Synapse. Post the answer ITT.

3d fx?

Draft said:

mDtVT.jpg

This is, without a doubt, the most balls nasty 3D accelerator of 1997. It smoked all comers due to an unheard of 6 megabytes of RAM. Quake wasn't Quake until it was running at 640x480, over 30 fps with transparent water and real time rocket based light sources.

First person to identify the manufacturer and name of the card gets a copy of Frozen Synapse. Post the answer ITT.

3Dfx Voodoo?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am TomaLexi on UK1 btw. Add me ingame please :)

Edit: Thanks nabs for helping out.

mileS

Draft said:

http://i.imgur.com/mDtVT.jpg

manufacturer = Canopus
card name = Pure3D

Domstercool

My first PC had a Diamond Voodoo 1 in it! Had to be linked with a 2D card :D Was linked with a Pent 2 266mhz :D Played games like Half-Life 1 and Carmageddon 2 :D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh god... 500 people on UK1. Its indeed beautiful :)

Up until yesterday it was 50-120

Toma

Back to sharing your copies folks! And adding friends ingame for matches!

Something to note: The messaging system within a match only works if both are "there" at the moment.

Atrophis

Aww was too late on the compo :(

Looking to go halves with a UK peep. Am willing to accept a gifted game too. PM offers.

Toma

DennisK4 said:
I will buy from Steam and give away the extra copy for free if someone tells me how to

You are probably in for a lot pm's.

Santini

Toma said:
Would you host a copy? :)

Sorry I need to ask every Gaffer from the US. Its the burden I need to bear.

I can do that as well. =)

Just got a PM from someone, though. If that doesn't go through, I'll go the host route.

anddo0

I'm willing to host if someone splits with me.

Second option, willing to trade for Borderlands or Just Cause 2.

Kuga

I want to like this game, but I am getting random crashes every minute or so while playing.

I did a bit of digging and apparently 6900 series cards have major trouble with this game. The two fixes suggested did reduce the scope of the crashes (before it forced a hard reset of the computer) but I still get problems whenever I'm playing. It took me an hour to get through the tutorial.

First purchase on Steam I'll have to get a refund for. Shame.

EDIT: Sorry for the post. I misread the OP; I didn't understand that this thread was solely for two-pack sales.

Toma

I'll update the List in the OP as soon as I stop working (which is in about 1 hours). Please stick to reading the last 1 or 2 pages until then.

Working and OP'ing is a bitch.

Toma

Marsipolami said:
Wow, I was in time!

Thanks, man!

Cant quite believe that as well.

Good for you though :)

Toma

Guys sure are fast here.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ksimm said:
First to quote gets a freebie!

Or you could take a look at the list and give it someone there. >_> <_< >_>

Toma

TheSeks said:

Says the one on spot 2 :p

fatty

How does the soundtrack version work? Do both people get the soundtrack when you gift the game as well? (soundtrack sounds good and I want one)

ksimm

TheSeks said:

Awww :[ sorry didn't read the list tbh, just jumped in the thread.
Can I interest you in a copy of Portal?

Top Bottom