• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning SteamGAF. Is everyone busy playing Hatoful BF?:p

hBE2763B5

That's not how you spell Payday 2.

iosefe

i wish i were playing Payday 2 right now.

practice tests for my license instead.

i'm a huge procrastinator. almost 21 and still no license

xBladeM6x

Gage Assault Package available on Steam. (Along with Update 35 to Payday which includes completely re balanced exp / money payout for missions) It's fucking amazing now. Every mission is worth playing.

Khronico

i wish i were playing Payday 2 right now.

practice tests for my license instead.

i'm a huge procrastinator. almost 21 and still no license

We should get a group for Payday 2 tonight or something.

Don't worry, your not the only one. I'm 20 and haven't gotten a license yet.

Shadownet

Banned
Watching Community and playing Thief Gold :p
My man!
I was robbing banks in Payday 2 actually. No avian love for me.
Edit: Seems I'm not the only one.

That's not how you spell Payday 2.
Payday 2 is a adrenaline rush of a game. But sadly I've grew a bit tired of it. I might hop back one one day.
------------------
Btw if anyone is looking for a copy of Hatoful Boyfriend. I think my seller might have copy for around $6.75. I might need to do a price check but it should be around there.

Aerocrane

Is Colin McRae Rally worth getting atm or should i wait for it to be updated?

Don't get it. It's not worth any money. It is a bad looking mobile port that doesn't even have all of the content from the first game. I'm glad Codemasters decided to allow for refunds.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Payday 2 is a adrenaline rush of a game. But sadly I've grew a bit tired of it. I might hop back one one day.

I pobably spent 70 hours with that game before I got bored, but if they would ever release some new 3 day heists instead of weapons and achievments I would instantly jump back in. I know they added some heists but none of them were really that special. Or good. Big Oil is still the best one.

zkylon

zkylewd
something tells me going to bed early was a good idea

gmorning steamgaf

did you by chance already see the lovely pathologic kickstarter?

it's run by the same crazy russian dudes that made the void, a game dearest to my heart, so go back it while there are cheap early bird copies around!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
did you by chance already see the lovely pathologic kickstarter?

it's run by the same crazy russian dudes that made the void, a game dearest to my heart, so go back it while there are cheap early bird copies around!

I actually hated the Void but man, Cargo Quest for Gravity is probably the weirdest game I've ever seen in my life. Who needs the japanese if we have russians? Look up the GiantBomb Quick Look, it's A-MAZING.

Khronico

Gage Assault Package available on Steam. (Along with Update 35 to Payday which includes completely re balanced exp / money payout for missions) It's fucking amazing now. Every mission is worth playing.

FINALLY. I got to lvl 50 on the ps3 version, and it really bugged me how there were only 3 worthwhile heists to do when you were high level.

Also the ps3 version SUCKED compared to this PC version but that's another story.

xBladeM6x

FINALLY. I got to lvl 50 on the ps3 version, and it really bugged me how there were only 3 worthwhile heists to do when you were high level.

Also the ps3 version SUCKED compared to this PC version but that's another story.

Payday 2. PS3 Version.

You poor soul. :(

Shade

Bundle stuff. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

organ trail -- MB-8C13A6334DDC67E3 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
dark fall lost souls -- MB-791ED0C465D28865 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
alein zombie megadeth -- MB-65ACEC6E08EABF7B - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
impire -- MB-0A92DF74C36E9EE7 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
cities in motion 2 -- MB-7637275F23A291FF - Taken by Wurst. 3 entrants total.
gravi -- MB-A09A38894F254678 - Taken by bkw. 3 entrants total.
skyward collapse -- MB-3E8B9B6E518A2991 - Taken by Miniboss. 2 entrants total.
sengoku -- MB-9E30C991F3DDD5EE - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
exceed 2 -- MB-FFCDA265D849E7E0 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.

t1409827384z1.png

Khronico

Payday 2. PS3 Version.

You poor soul. :(

The framerate on ps3 was unlocked and would go from 60 to low teens at the drop of a hat. I swear I could count the frames on certain levels (the mall level was constant ~20fps). It was a nightmare yet I still dropped around 20-30 hrs in it. Played my steam copy just this morning and the difference was night and day.

Mordeccai

Jesus the last boss of Wolfenstein is ridiculously difficult. So annoying.

I just beat this today, playing on Bring em On. Once I hit the (70% of the way through spoilers)
moon base escape section
, the game honestly just got frustratingly difficult. Last boss took every piece of my ammunition as well and was just a massive pain in the ass.

I enjoyed the earlier half of the game but not so much the later half. I briefly debated doing the other timeline on an easy difficulty, but just decided to uninstall it. Time to move on to Killer is Dead for me!

Just spam grenades in his face. When he's staggered he's invincible, so don't waste any shots by shooting him when he's not moving. Knowing this, he goes down in about five double-barreled grenade shots, even on the hardest difficulty.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
His pattern was frustrating to learn. They could have handled it better I think.

That said, his first phase only took a couple tries on my hardest difficulty replay and his second phase took one try lol.

DocSeuss

His pattern was frustrating to learn. They could have handled it better I think.

That said, his first phase only took a couple tries on my hardest difficulty replay and his second phase took one try lol.

I don't really understand this. A lot of people seem to have trouble with him, but I just ran around on Uber and shot at him a bunch. Only problem I had was not stunning him when I ran to the flak cannons.

KarmaCow

Anyone buy the latest Payday 2 dlc, how is it? I've been looking for a primary gun that's better than the CAR-4 for a while now and the unmodded guns from the teaser site don't look like they will outclass it. I bought the Shotgun Pack and that was a disappointment all around so I'm thinking about waiting for the eventual sale on Oct 18 during crimefest.

Even the grenade launcher looks lame with it's limited ammo.

Wonder what the average release year of the games in that bundle are. Newest thing there is teleglitch and then rest of the stuff is comparatively vintage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Beyond Good & Evil HD, the original release is available on steam but not the remaster. I haven't played it so I don't know if it is much better.

At least JaseC would approve the +1/separate entry in the library ;)

I'd even play it! I had a lot of fun with the original when I played through it back in 2011 or so. With Outland coming to the PC a good few years after its PS360 debut, my hope for a belated port of BG&E HD is slightly renewed (Ubi owns the former, too, judging from the fact it owns the trademark).

Nabs

I'm surprised they didn't get Hexcells in that bundle. RPS is pretty much the only outlet that gives that series the love it deserves.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't really understand this. A lot of people seem to have trouble with him, but I just ran around on Uber and shot at him a bunch. Only problem I had was not stunning him when I ran to the flak cannons.
Yeah I wasn't exactly expecting a shitty avoid the boss puzzle as the first phase and a lot of other people didn't seem to either. And you having trouble executing it just proves it was messy design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom