• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

with Outland coming "soon" are there any other xbla/psn games we can hope and dream for?

Personally I'd rebuy the following on PC in a hot minute:

Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Shadow Complex
Puzzle Fighter HD
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
Garou
N+
Snoopy Flying Ace

I know most of these fall into the "not a chance in hell" category but still... stranger things have happened these days.

Where did you see this?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haha, the golden rule of complaining about difficult bosses strikes again - as soon as I mentioned him being tough I beat him. On the whole, fantastic game, really enjoyable. That last boss was annoying though!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-C14ED55F9499647E - Taken by deadflower81

Shadownet

Banned
I don't really understand this. A lot of people seem to have trouble with him, but I just ran around on Uber and shot at him a bunch. Only problem I had was not stunning him when I ran to the flak cannons.

The first part of that boss fight. The above ground section was a bit difficult if you don't know what to do. But I thought the underground one was fairly easy even on Uber.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The first part of that boss fight. The above ground section was a bit difficult if you don't know what to do. But I thought the underground one was fairly easy even on Uber.

That's the part I was having trouble with. Too much fire and not enough cover.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ANuclearError, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-DD7FBD70F599F0EE - Taken by ramoisdead. 63 entrants total.

t1409941555z1.png

When I was in high school, there was a rumour that one of our French teachers had a fear of pigeons, I never knew if it was true or not.

Aerocrane

On the topic of the Codemasters weekend...Anyone want to recommend the top 1-2 racers to pick up?

Dirt 3 is alright if rally is your thing, the previous two titles are far better though.

For circuit racing, the first GRID is probably my favourite in the series with its semi-realistic approach. GRID Autosport is similar to the first game, but it is filled with content ripped from the last two games and the cockpit view sucks. GRID 2 is pretty nice looking arcade racer, but it doesn't play anything like the other two games in the series. In GRID 2 there is no car settings modification or cockpit mode, but it has a pretty good career mode.

My GRID 2 review. is more indepth about my feelings on the game, but there's a demo so you can give it a try yourself.
I think there's a demo for the first GRID downloadable somewhere on the internet.

FloatOn

Well, Dredmor is still the best roguelike ever, and arguably Audiosurf is the best in whatsitsgenrerhythymandstuff.
I hate World of Goo, though.

whaaat

I played and loved world of goo for 13 something hours. It's like video game K*NEX

with some kind of anti-capitalism story or something.

Copons

whaaat

I played and loved world of goo for 13 something hours. It's like video game K*NEX

with some kind of anti-capitalism story or something.

No yeah, well, it's an ok game, it's just that I've always thought it was heavily overrated.

also I suck at it, therefore it sucks itself :p

Mono

Humble Rock Paper Shotgun bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • World of Goo
  • Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
  • Audiosurf
  • Armageddon Empires
TIER 2: 6$
  • Amnesia: Dark Descent
  • AI War Fleet Command + 3 DLC
  • Teleglitch Die More Edition + DLC

The only game I own out of those is Amnesia. Dungeons of Dredmor looks cool!

I just bought Hatoful Boyfriend.

I am part of the problem, aren't I?

You're part of the solution!

Coooooo~

Question about Hatoful: I bought it months ago in a Humble Bundle (you might remember), but the assholes who put it together didn't include an English patch. I tried Googling it on any website I could find it on but failed. I don't want to double-dip for a parody VN and I don't care what the Steam price is - I need that English patch. Can someone link to or upload it?

Cheddahz

Banned
Got everything ready for the stream (I won't be doing much commentary, but oh well), so now I just wait to start my stream (which will probably go up at 3:50 PM EST)

Tizoc

Got everything ready for the stream (I won't be doing much commentary, but oh well), so now I just wait to start my stream (which will probably go up at 3:50 PM EST)

How many hours from now? I'll be work by then but sadly will have to mute the stream :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
with Outland coming "soon" are there any other xbla/psn games we can hope and dream for?

Personally I'd rebuy the following on PC in a hot minute:

Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Shadow Complex
Puzzle Fighter HD
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
Garou
N+
Snoopy Flying Ace

I know most of these fall into the "not a chance in hell" category but still... stranger things have happened these days.
Outland coming to PC. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Also, Shadow Complex hasn't aged well (really plain / dull) and N++ is temporarily exclusive for PS4, so there's that.

Strider

Downloaded Titanfall again earlier today and played a couple hours. Shame this game had such little base content and was Origin only... The core gameplay is really fun IMO.

But lobbies were only half full every game I played today...

Turfster

Man, the drop rate for The Few is atrocious.
Almost 4 hours, 2 cards have dropped.
Game itself isn't all that great either.

Jawmuncher

Downloaded Titanfall again earlier today and played a couple hours. Shame this game had such little base content and was Origin only... The core gameplay is really fun IMO.

But lobbies were only half full every game I played today...

I really think being Origin only hurt it.
Really wish EA would go the Uplay route.

8Si50WN.jpg

This is the first in a series of posts I will be making about playing Steam games on a Surface Pro tablet (Surface Pro 3 i7 to be exact) using just touch controls and/or the pen. If there’s enough interest in these writeups, I may make a dedicated thread, but for now I’ll just be posting them here. Though this is written with Surface Pro in mind, I suppose it could apply to any comparable tablet that runs Windows. The first game in this series is Pinball FX2. Next up will either be Don't Starve or FTL.

----------

Pinball FX2

+ Runs pretty well out of the box. Only requires minimal changes to the settings to run smoothly.
+ Can be played in portrait mode.
+ Great for casual play.

- The game crashes if you rotate the tablet to a different mode (i.e. portrait to landscape).
- Touchscreen controls do not have a way to nudge the table. This isn’t that big a deal when playing casually, but for an advanced player, this is a dealbreaker, as it makes it impossible to bump the table to save a ball or to do things like bounce/nudge passes.
- The launch button (which is normally a keyboard key or controller button) is relegated to a checkbox button at the top right of the screen when applicable. It seems to disappear sometimes on its own, messing up chance to hit it. This is important because sometimes during play you have to press the launch button to initiate actions, some of which are timing-based, which makes it less than ideal. It’s also not there to actually launch the ball. You have to swipe to do that. That’s not a big deal though, since you’ll probably be going for skillshots anyway.
- In-Home Streaming didn’t work very well. It didn’t register taps, mouse sensitivity way too high, and the stream started to lag and stutter despite my gigabit network. It could be a streaming settings issue, I’m not sure. This was my first foray into In-Home Streaming.

* The back of the tablet gets pretty hot when playing (as with most games). It could be table-specific, but I kind of doubt it. Disabling AA seemed to help a little, but that may have just been placebo effect.
* 1920x1200 or 1280x800 is the optimal resolution. Makes best use of screen, with minimal letterboxing. Could always go lower if preferred. None of the resolution options were entirely full screen, due to the tablet’s aspect ratio. I suppose this could be a minus, but I didn’t really find it to be an issue personally.
* Disabling reflections and anti-aliasing is best. AA can be left on if you prefer, but I recommend turning it off for performance-sake.

Overall, I found the game quite playable, though the heat issue made me worry about playing for extended periods of time. Unfortunately, without a way to nudge the table, this probably isn’t ideal for serious players, but if you’re just playing for the fun of it, I think you’ll find it quite sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom