• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Dead Rising 3 is another horrible port. It doesn't run good even with a 2000$ PC, you can't change the horrible FOV which gets me extreme motion sickness within minutes, the audio is messed up for me and it crashes every 10 minutes.
So at the moment it is literally unplayable for me...
I can't access the game yet, but I'm already scared D:

I did not know Enclave was going for less than a dollar. I guess I should pay attention to the Week Long Deals more often, just too used to them largely being shovelware.

fantomena

Dead Rising 3 is another horrible port. It doesn't run good even with a 2000$ PC, you can't change the horrible FOV which gets me extreme motion sickness within minutes, the audio is messed up for me and it crashes every 10 minutes.

Works great for me. Just some framerate dips when it's crowded and when the cutscene sare.

So is there anything else i'm supposed to do with OBS?
Set it to optimize and was trying to test a preview with Long Live the Queen but i'm not getting anything.

In my experience the preview stream function doesn't work if the game is fullscreen and minimized. Don't know if that will help you or not, but that's what comes to mind.

Porcupine

I can't access the game yet, but I'm already scared D:

I used a VPN ;)

I can live with the mediocre performance, but the crashes absolutely ruin the game for me, with no autosave and no checkpoints it is unplayable with these crashes. And it seems a lot of other people have this problem, too, if you look at the steam forums.

Hugstable

Banned

dMDnPyB.png

eh, dunno about a key reseller. You can get it from the russian bears for cheaper than that, though.

Also, just like almost every single big release this year, DR3 looks to need a few patches for it to be decent. It's the reason I never go day one with a game these days.

Well, except for titanfall but that game ran well and wasn't really buggy at all. It couldve run better but it ran well enough.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Finding Teddy -- MB-E02AE07658ACB394 - Taken by -Deimos
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-8947FEF90C666962 - Taken by Purkake4

Porcupine

Works great for me. Just some framerate dips when it's crowded and when the cutscene sare.

In the past I had the luck that nearly every game which had major problems worked perfectly for me. And my PC normaly has the power to play everything maxed out. But it seems my luck has run out this time ;)

Nabs

So is there anything else i'm supposed to do with OBS?
Set it to optimize and was trying to test a preview with Long Live the Queen but i'm not getting anything.

It depends on the game. I use "Game Capture" and that works for most games I throw at it. You will sometimes have to right click it and choose the correct game in properties, but that's usually the only problem. LLtQ should be compatible with Game Capture.

In my experience the preview stream function doesn't work if the game is fullscreen and minimized. Don't know if that will help you or not, but that's what comes to mind.

True. You can alt+tab real fast and that should show you something.

I'll mess with it.
Its windowed so i'll see what else I can do.

Some games also have issues with OBS. For example, Risk of Rain just comes out as a black screen when streamed unless you use some software in between to capture the video. I haven't tried streaming Long Live The Queen so I don't know if that's the same issue, but it very well could be.

But where did the key come from? I believe Valve have previously mass-removed games from people's libraries when keys were found to have come from other regions and then sold to online retailers elsewhere. Perhaps someone like JaseC could correct me?

Long time ago I bought Dead Island this way. It was taken from my account a month later.

Jawmuncher

It depends on the game. I use "Game Capture" and that works for most games I throw at it. You will sometimes have to right click it and choose the correct game in properties, but that's usually the only problem. LLtQ should be compatible with Game Capture.

True. You can alt+tab real fast and that should show you something.

Some games also have issues with OBS. For example, Risk of Rain just comes out as a black screen when streamed unless you use some software in between to capture the video. I haven't tried streaming Long Live The Queen so I don't know if that's the same issue, but it very well could be.

Ok messed around with it and got it to work.
Thanks guys! Will probably just throw it up when me and Soma do raid mode.

Nabs

Monitor Capture would work with Risk of Rain.

louiedog

I just got home and checked out my Hatoful Boyfriend Collector's Edition content.

This manga is really something.

"Tosaka Hiyoko, the heroine, does not have an official design. For convenience, the manga is drawn in first person and the heroine's lines are marked with a meat symbol. In other words, it's like an FPS."

For the 1 or 2 people here still missing this.
Thanks. I grabbed it after the timer ran out and no one else seemed interested. I criticized the bundle earlier, but I'm happy to have this.

BTW, did Humble change the way it does gifts? Your link took me right to a redemption page. Before, I had to enter my e-mail address and get a link. At least I think that's how it worked...

xBladeM6x

Explain something further. Are you saying it doesn't run well on a $2000 PC when you unlock the FPS? If so, that's happening to everyone. Hell, the game didn't even run well on the Xbox @ 30FPS. (Though it obviously has some major performance issues, regardless.) I'd recommend keeping the game at 30 FPS for now. Also, you can change the FOV using this small / easy guide. You can also disable the "Chase Camera" in the options, and that should help a lot. Also, try setting the internal LOD resolution to 720. It's not a permanent solution just yet, but it certainly helps.

Enclave was actually briefly free through a dutch promotion like two months ago

Ninety four cents is practically free, so I'm not going to complain. If I wasn't completely lazy I probably could've bought Enclave with Dota 2 card money if I had bothered to list them.

Deitus

Wait, that can't be right. Someone in the DR3 PC thread was saying that you could change the FOV, and posted a screenshot with it set to 100. They did say the default was abysmal though.

Edit: Here's the post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128394704&postcount=226

Though when searching for this, I did see a lot of people having issues with changing it, so maybe it's not simple to do at the moment.

Vuze

So... I probably have the first Hatoful Boyfriend foil card.
How much is worth it on Steam Market?
Wut, I didn't even realize it had cards. Didn't drop a single one during my 2h session :(
Wait, that can't be right. Someone in the DR3 PC thread was saying that you could change the FOV, and posted a screenshot with it set to 100. They did say the default was abysmal though.
iirc that was jim, known for creating FOV and freecam hacks for games, so there might be a good chance this isn't an in-game setting.

Porcupine

Explain something further. Are you saying it doesn't run well on a $2000 PC when you unlock the FPS? If so, that's happening to everyone. Hell, the game didn't even run well on the Xbox @ 30FPS. (Though it obviously has some major performance issues, regardless.) I'd recommend keeping the game at 30 FPS for now. Also, you can change the FOV using this small / easy guide. You can also disable the "Chase Camera" in the options, and that should help a lot. Also, try setting the internal LOD resolution to 720. It's not a permanent solution just yet, but it certainly helps.

I tried to change the FOV with this instruction before, but it seems it doesn't work this way. For a lot of people this option didn't change anything. I've tried the game with 30FPS and 60, but I'm getting microstuttering all the time. And with the crashes there is not really a permanent solution for it =( .
I think I will continue cleaning my backlog and get back to this game after a few patches or workarounds from the community.

EDIT: It seems that the game does have problems especially with NVIDIA cards, here's a comment from the developer: http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613935404006290641/#c613935404033099478

Man, I started playing the Darkness last night as I picked up a copy for $6 on the PS3 recently. I've always wanted to play it but never made it past an hour before something distracted me. With the hype Wolfenstein got, along with getting the Darkness 2 in a bundle for a dollar and also loving the Riddick games finally forced me to sit down with it.

And yeah, those starbreeze dudes who aren't there anymore know how to make an atmospheric FPS. I spent 15 minutes flipping through tv channels in a subway tunnel, asking the local italian hobos about what's up, and popping random mob thugs in the streets and eating their hearts out. Really wish there was a PC version, though, because the aliasing is pretty rough and the framerate can get into choptown occasionally. Also, this was from the era where they assigned shooting to the squishy triggers on the Dualshock 3. Gonna try to use my DS4 today to see if it works any better.

But yeah, I'm glad Machine Games is getting some work. Their special brand of FPS deserves a ton more love, and i can't wait to get home and have Mike Patton tell me that he's tired of cattle.

Looking at the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, and see people selling new games like Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, etc... for cheap. How did they manage to get these games for such a low price?

xBladeM6x

I tried to change the FOV with this instruction before, but it seems it doesn't work this way. For a lot of people this option didn't change anything. I've tried the game with 30FPS and 60, but I'm getting microstuttering all the time. And with the crashes there is not really a permanent solution for it =( .
I think I will continue cleaning my backlog and get back to this game after a few patches or workarounds from the community.
Waiting for a patch was about to be my next suggestion if nothing else worked. :p

dmix90

Man, I started playing the Darkness last night as I picked up a copy for $6 on the PS3 recently. I've always wanted to play it but never made it past an hour before something distracted me. With the hype Wolfenstein got, along with getting the Darkness 2 in a bundle for a dollar and also loving the Riddick games finally forced me to sit down with it.

And yeah, those starbreeze dudes who aren't there anymore know how to make an atmospheric FPS. I spent 15 minutes flipping through tv channels in a subway tunnel, asking the local italian hobos about what's up, and popping random mob thugs in the streets and eating their hearts out. Really wish there was a PC version, though, because the aliasing is pretty rough and the framerate can get into choptown occasionally. Also, this was from the era where they assigned shooting to the squishy triggers on the Dualshock 3. Gonna try to use my DS4 today to see if it works ant better.

But yeah, I'm glad Machine Games is getting some work. Their special brand of FPS deserves a ton more love, and i can't wait to get home and have Mike Patton tell me that he's tired of cattle.
I really want to replay this game on pc in 1080p with normal framerate. Damnit, what a gem.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly agree, another problem is that the later locations look so boring and dark, I liked the ship the most together with the DLC episode but the running around got bad. Still 100%ed the game.

Yeah, I'd agree that the ship and DLC area were the best, although the ship is when I started to feel the fatigue of this game. I liked the train too, but you visit it so much that it gets old. I think like 80% of the game is just spent running around aimlessly trying to find specific dolls or hijink people. So annoying.

about to start up my stream, though i won't start playing until i get an message to start

If you plan to stream a visual novel, don't speed through the dialogue. I came in late, right when you got a game over, then you restarted and I couldn't read anything. Speeding through might be more convenient for you but it makes for lousy watching.

Phinor

So Planetary Annihilation is coming out tomorrow. Any hype?

Not much. The game will speak for itself come tomorrow, good or bad. I haven't tried it in around half a year so might as well wait until the release before trying but I'm just not feeling it. It has a hell of a job to top Supreme Commander because that game still exists and is playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom