• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Ok i'm having a wierd issue with friends list. I got 410/410 friends so i finally got around to cleaning about 130 people off my list (sorry if you didn't make the cut guys, you can always readd me if you need something) from the manage friends option in settings.

But now i can't accept anymore adds or add anyone, it says my friends list is still full. How the hell do i fix this?

*checks friend list*

I'm still there!

*gives russian bear a hug*

liezryou

For some reason it takes Steam a while to pick up on the fact that you've deleted people. You can force an update by levelling up, though.

I figured it was something like that, I need to get some steam levels...

I have the opposite problem. I have 56/325 friends and most of them are people I added from TF2 and who I don't talk to anymore.

Aww XD, put your id on here, I'm sure you will get like 100 adds in 15 mins.

Grief.exe

I can't think of a single remotely recent example that isn't Rage or Wolf14.

Dark Souls II? Bioshock Infinite had problems as well at release if I remember correctly, I forced another UE3 bit. I'm sure there have been others, but these two stick out in my mind. Didn't Watch Dogs have problems as well?

I've been running 560ti SLI for years now and it seems many new releases run into issues unless they submit a build to Nvidia early enough.

You named Rage, Wolf, and Dead Rising 3, so it is fairly common. This is why people commonly recommend sticking with single card over SLI.

Momentary

Banned
$10 for BoI is right on the money. I would have paid that much for the original. This is definitely one of those games where you know you'll get at least a hundred hours of enjoyment out of it.

Shadownet

Banned
I got a blue screen after alt+tab out of DR3. Sigh. Come on Capcom...

Gonna wait for an update before I play any further.

I v-synch mine though. 30fps is good enough for me.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Ittle Dew. Puzzles were good and I think the difficulty was just right. There were a few incredibly frustrating ones in the Master's Cave, like the one having the turnip hit ice blocks, and moving yourself to block those ice blocks' paths. Obviously the last one was difficult too. Bosses were tough, mostly because I'd forget that Ittle pauses when she slashes her weapon, so I'd get stuck as something hits me. Bosses were a lot more puzzle based than action based, so that was different. I have no idea what the story was about, because I gave less than two shits about it from the getgo.

Overall I thought it was pretty fun.

Both of your points are fundamentally flawed as many of the the additional content and changes would have been literally impossible on the flash version. For example, careful considerations had to be made on number of enemies on screen, number of projectiles, item abilities, etc would cause crashes. On top of that, the game actually couldn't be patched. The flash version continually crashed on compile, after the Wrath release no changes could go into effect.

Reading up on Binding of Isaac development is actually quite interesting if you are interested in that aspect of the hobby.

I suppose when I say "patch" I mean, pull the dated version, put this new version up, with the bear minimum amount of content. Or keep the old version, and just put this new one up alongside it. Still selling the staggering amount of new content as DLC, and even still raising the price.

Volimar

Dead Rising 3 is super fun

also, totally playable

I'm playing at 900p detail and FXAA which are the only bummers, but I'm on a TV sitting far enough and loving the game

Boothisshark.gif

I got a blue screen after alt+tab out of DR3. Sigh. Come on Capcom...

Gonna wait for an update before I play any further.

I v-synch mine though. 30fps is good enough for me.

I'm waiting too. I'm afraid I'm going to end up fucking something up if I keep trying to play in its current state.

Tip for AMD crossfire users playing DR3... try the Shogun 2 or Skyrim profiles. Friend of mine got a very decent performance boost from using those. But then he has 290x cards in crossfire so...

For nvidia users, Capcom recommends rolling back to older drivers (335.23) if you're using newer ones. Anecdotal evidence... friend of mine is using these drivers and hasn't crashed. His sister has newer (340.xx) drivers and she's crashing non stop. As am I with new drivers.

Tizoc

The only options which makes a major impact on the performance is the 720/900/1080p option, so I recommend to play with this option. The rest does nearly nothing, except for Anti-Aliasing.

For the guys with the crashes, if you use a NVIDIA card, then downgrade your driver to this version and it should work perfectly: 335.23.

What GPU? Also, turn down the setting that says "Full Quality" to 720 or 900. That should give significant FPS boost.

Oh God. What's your setup?

...but my screen res is 1080p, would setting it to 720p just 'upscale' stuff?

Will try it when I get back home, but I won't be able to put more time into it until I finish Enslaved ^^;

As for my Laptop, these are the specs
http://www.asus.com/ae-en/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/specifications/

Porcupine

Tip for AMD crossfire users playing DR3... try the Shogun 2 or Skyrim profiles. Friend of mine got a very decent performance boost from using those. But then he has 290x cards in crossfire so...

For nvidia users, Capcom recommends rolling back to older drivers (335.23) if you're using newer ones. Anecdotal evidence... friend of mine is using these drivers and hasn't crashed. His sister has newer (340.xx) drivers and she's crashing non stop. As am I with new drivers.

I can confirm that with the rollback to 335.23 the crashes are gone.

...but my screen res is 1080p, would setting it to 720p just 'upscale' stuff?

Will try it when I get back home, but I won't be able to put more time into it until I finish Enslaved ^^;

As for my Laptop, these are the specs
http://www.asus.com/ae-en/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/specifications/

Yes, it will just upscale the picture, 720p is horrible, 900p is just ok. But at the moment it seems there is just no way to play this with the highest settings, so setting it to 900p can solve a lot of issues for the moment.

Compsiox

Banned
header_292x136.jpg

THE BINDING OF ISSAC: REBIRTH ON STEAM NOW!!!

aku:jiki

I suppose when I say "patch" I mean, pull the dated version, put this new version up, with the bear minimum amount of content. Or keep the old version, and just put this new one up alongside it. Still selling the staggering amount of new content as DLC, and even still raising the price.
You're showing a confusing lack of understanding of how much work it takes to create a game.

This is an entirely new game made completely from scratch. Art, music, code, dungeon design, literally every single thing is new. The only they've kept is the basic gameplay design and the fan-beloved items from the original. Are you trying to argue that they should've left the old content out so it could more easily pass for a "true sequel"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? "These guys are offering MORE content?! Scumbags!"

I'm gonna cry if my at-the-recommended-spec PC can't run DR3 at 30fps/1080p. I'm waiting for my new monitor to come tomorrow to play it, I don't wanna play it fine on this one and then have issues on the new one due to the resolution bump.

Then again this one is like 768p native so it won't look so shitty if I need to run it at 720p or 768p to get a good framerate.

I'm not having all the performance issues everyone else is having. I also played on max settings. Yesterday I played all the way until
I made it into the diner.

Maybe I didn't play long enough?

Unlocked frame rate

3570k@4.2ghz
GTX 780 OC
8gb ram
Win7

mik7697

Neo Member
Guys pls i need all your help...All i ask to you ,please, is to go watching these videos on youtube..one of my best friends did these and i promise him i would have done something to help him grown. These are the link of two of his gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuaLCiGU0g&list=UURTCI5Fdlo4pwqtN803eybA ( Fifa 14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2-J4jh3Uk&list=UURTCI5Fdlo4pwqtN803eybA ( Valiant Hearts ).
Pls if you have time go watch these videos and if you like those, leave a like and a comment, subscribe and watch the others =) =) =)

Porcupine

Intel i7 4770 and 8 gig 760GTX and the game keeps crashing for me, also the framerate is unstable, latest Nvidia driver (DR3 referred).

I was 1080p, put 900p and is the same thing, nothing changes.

Again, rollback you driver to 335.23, that's the only way to get rid of the crashes on a NVIDIA card at this moment.

Seems like a really unoptimized port. Maxing out both that GPU and the CPU and not getting a steady 60 fps is pretty messed up.

This quote from Eurogamer describes the situation perfectly:

"Let's put it this way - we also ran the game briefly on a six-core i7 3930K system with a 6GB GTX Titan and we still couldn't achieve a locked 60fps."

Guys pls i need all your help...All i ask to you ,please, is to go watching these videos on youtube..one of my best friends did these and i promise him i would have done something to help him grown. These are the link of two of his gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuaLCiGU0g&list=UURTCI5Fdlo4pwqtN803eybA ( Fifa 14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2-J4jh3Uk&list=UURTCI5Fdlo4pwqtN803eybA ( Valiant Hearts ).
Pls if you have time go watch these videos and if you like those, leave a like and a comment, subscribe and watch the others =) =) =)

Classic mik7697.

Kaleinc

Banned
You're showing a confusing lack of understanding of how much work it takes to create a game.

This is an entirely new game made completely from scratch. Art, music, code, dungeon design, literally every single thing is new. The only they've kept is the basic gameplay design and the fan-beloved items from the original. Are you trying to argue that they should've left the old content out so it could more easily pass for a "true sequel"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? "These guys are offering MORE content?! Scumbags!"
They should have switched to non flash version as a free update, a long time ago.

Vuze

STEAM | September 2014 II - Leave a like and a comment =)

;)

Grief.exe

So let me get this straight, and please excuse me for dipping into fallacious territory here, but this is frankly ridiculous. A developer puts in years of work and investment into a new engine, content, etc and you feel entitled to a free upgrade as you purchased the game during a humble bundle?

No matter how you perceive the game, there is a significant amount of development that went into this product. There is no way to just put this up separately, as the new content, enemies, bosses, music, etc permeate the opening areas of the game as well.

zWifipU.png

I forgot about the new music.

You can force it, though, which means the engine does in fact support SLI. This is in contract to id Tech 5, which doesn't support SLI to any extent whatsoever.

Here is the SLI bit for IdTech 5

0x00000004 (Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order)

Porcupine

By the way, the game is really easy. You can save when you want, so even if you die, you lost only your position on the map.
One question: is there a way to make my follower remain in the base? I have the paint girl, pretty much useless, but I don't wanna her to die.

You have to go to the Bulletin Board in a base and uncheck her there.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Forgot why I had this post bookmarked. Now I remember why.

In happier news, here's BoI Rebirth

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/

15€ / $15, 33% loyalty discount

Ehh, $=€, huh? Not a big fan of that. Discount is nice though.

Hyped to hear the rest of the OST, too, even more than actually playing the game. The tracks already revealed are so good.

is modbot malfunctioning again?

I tried to send some bundle extras to ModBot earlier and got no reply. I'll just have to wait until later tonight to try again, I guess.

Good to see it finally got through.

Despite the bullshit that it didn't even need to do in the first place.

Hm. Oblivious Garden~Carmina Burana, a Chinese doujin adventure game, has shown up on Greenlight. No idea how it's supposed to play, but the artwork looks to be a cut above most of the VN-type stuff I've seen lately.

That's pretty fucking kawaii. Voted.

I forgot about the new music.

It's so good. Really want to hear more of it.

mik7697

Neo Member
I think it was more that the post was blatant advertising, which is generally frowned upon, so far as I remember. If that isn't the case, then feel free to correct me.

That said, I didn't mind it.

I saw in the past few days someone posting youtube videos in the thread so i thought i could just link the videos and help a friend..

I think it was more that the post was blatant advertising, which is generally frowned upon, so far as I remember. If that isn't the case, then feel free to correct me.

That said, I didn't mind it.

It walks the line of the Terms and Services of Neogaf as a whole, regarding promotion and spam. When it's done in good faith, like when a well-known poster links his stream or whatever, I think most people are pretty okay with it.

To be 100% clear, a backseat mod this is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom