• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcupine

Yowza, DR3 runs at 20 FPS for me with highst graphical settings lol.
Gonna trim down a few things, to see what gives me 60 FPS.

The only options which makes a major impact on the performance is the 720/900/1080p option, so I recommend to play with this option. The rest does nearly nothing, except for Anti-Aliasing.

For the guys with the crashes, if you use a NVIDIA card, then downgrade your driver to this version and it should work perfectly: 335.23.

the Amiga game you want the most, Arabian Nights on Steam.

This title rings a bell for me, as I vaguely recall I played this on my Commodore 64 back in the day, but my frail memory is faulting me as I can't recollect any Amiga version, is there any difference besides the better graphics?

I have never owned an Amiga but since I used to read some PC games magazines I knew it was quite a powerhouse for its times - possibly the nearest thing to arcades before NeoGEO was a thing - and had a nice library so I craved one, mostly for some games such as R-Type, Toki and Lemmings.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Which programs do you guys prefer for benchmarks? I heard that 3dmark is the best.

Chariot

An activity you will unlock further into the story most likely. Don't worry about the 100% till you get to the end.
I was trapped in an endless loading screen after a story mission, so I currently just conquer the city back. I love seeing my territory growing on maps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, is JaseC still online? Looks like those 2 rugby games I always fancied buying but were NEVER on sale have disappeared from steam.

Bah, I'd planned on buying the sequel come the Autumn Sale. GAF's Sidhe rep said that while the games are self-published on Steam it couldn't put them on sale without Tru Blu's approval (the series' actual publisher), so I'm guessing its publishing contract expired.

Tried resuming my Dead Rising 3 game and got this

SaU8WqK.jpg

First time in my life that I haven't been able to spawn into my own single player game

Then I tried playing co-op with a friend. Crashed thrice, including once right at the end of a boss fight... and of course progress doesn't save

Fuck you Capcom

Porcupine

Tried resuming my Dead Rising 3 game and got this

First time in my life that I haven't been able to spawn into my own single player game

Then I tried playing co-op with a friend. Crashed thrice, including once right at the end of a boss fight... and of course progress doesn't save

Fuck you Capcom

This game is high up in the list for the worst port of 2014 ;)

Grief.exe

What little I did play of BoI I found to be fairly decent fun, and I'm sure actual controller support would make it much more enjoyable. But when it comes down to it, the game is really nothing special.

The price is laughable, even with the discount. It should be $10, and the loyalty price $5.

May need to elaborate on your point? The amount of additional content added in here is staggering, let alone the necessary engine change.

Vuze

This game is high up in the list for the worst port of 2014 ;)

I agree, and it really makes me sad. I was interested in it ever since I saw some Let's Play-footage on YouTube and the PC announcement got me really excited. And now this crap... :(

liezryou

Ok i'm having a wierd issue with friends list. I got 410/410 friends so i finally got around to cleaning about 130 people off my list (sorry if you didn't make the cut guys, you can always readd me if you need something) from the manage friends option in settings.

But now i can't accept anymore adds or add anyone, it says my friends list is still full. How the hell do i fix this?

Anustart

I played over 150 hours of BoI. I think 10.04 for this is well worth it if enough content has been added. Anyone have a link to somewhere listing all the additions and changes?

Porcupine

I agree, and it really makes me sad. I was interested in it ever since I saw some Let's Play-footage on YouTube and the PC announcement got me really excited. And now this crap... :(

Are more people than me having problems with the audio? It's extremely low and I have to push my speakers up to the highest settings to hear the audio in a normal way. Some people on the steam forums mentioned this, too. I've never experienced such a problem before.

so... dead rising 3 is a bad port? I've been seeing a lot of comments about the game but haven't really bothered reading them until i saw the blank room pic.

It may not be for you, and that's fine. But to call it nothing special is just to stick your head in the sand and ignore obvious reality.

It has an different art direction, which certainly gives it character, the plot (what little there actually is) is interesting, but other than that, it's very generic. It's all be done before. So yeah, it's nothing special.

May need to elaborate on your point? The amount of additional content added in here is staggering, let alone the necessary engine change.

The engine change, all the basic changes at a core mechanic level, should have been a patch. This "staggering" amount of new content should have been DLC, since people would obviously buy it anyway. Hell, after the patch, raise the price a little if money is what you're really after. This pay-to-patch fad that's going around is disgusting and it needs to stop, but it won't, because so many people are buying into it.

Vuze

Are more people than me having problems with the audio? It's extremely low and I have to push my speakers up to the highest settings to hear the audio in a normal way. Some people on the steam forums mentioned this, too. I've never experienced such a problem before.
Mhh, I can agree with the voices during cutscenes, general audio doesn't seem too low for me.

JaseC

Ok i'm having a wierd issue with friends list. I got 410/410 friends so i finally got around to cleaning about 130 people off my list (sorry if you didn't make the cut guys, you can always readd me if you need something) from the manage friends option in settings.

But now i can't accept anymore adds or add anyone, it says my friends list is still full. How the hell do i fix this?

For some reason it takes Steam a while to pick up on the fact that you've deleted people. You can force an update by levelling up, though.

Salsa

Dead Rising 3 is super fun

also, totally playable

I'm playing at 900p detail and FXAA which are the only bummers, but I'm on a TV sitting far enough and loving the game

Grief.exe

The engine change, all the basic changes at a core mechanic level, should have been a patch. This "staggering" amount of new content should have been DLC, since people would obviously buy it anyway. Hell, after the patch, raise the price a little if money is what you're really after. This pay-to-patch fad that's going around is disgusting and it needs to stop, but it won't, because so many people are buying into it.

Both of your points are fundamentally flawed as many of the the additional content and changes would have been literally impossible on the flash version. For example, careful considerations had to be made on number of enemies on screen, number of projectiles, item abilities, etc would cause crashes. On top of that, the game actually couldn't be patched. The flash version continually crashed on compile, after the Wrath release no changes could go into effect.

Reading up on Binding of Isaac development is actually quite interesting if you are interested in that aspect of the hobby.

For all intents and purposes this edition is a sequel to the original game. New engine, significant amounts of new content and mechanics, and includes the original game as well.

JaseC

I'm not going to even think about playing DR3 until it gets SLI support. It's 2014, Capcom, not 1994.

I approve of this change. Wee Saoirse's self-portrait is really adorable.

Sadly it may not last long this time around as she was at an ISPCC event in Dublin, so if any avatar-friendly photos surface over the next week I'll have to switch to one of them because it's a rule I have.

I have the opposite problem. I have 56/325 friends and most of them are people I added from TF2 and who I don't talk to anymore.

Anustart

I see on the steam page it says 450+ items, 160 new unlockables. Is this 160 new items, or something less spectacular? I'm hesitant because of how it's worded.

Porcupine

Dead Rising 3 is super fun

also, totally playable

I'm playing at 900p detail and FXAA which are the only bummers, but I'm on a TV sitting far enough and loving the game

30 or 60 FPS?
But you are right, these are the two options with the biggest impact on the performance. The rest doesn't do much.

But George A Romero is going to sue and take the games off steam.

1817.deadrising.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Still can't believe they put that on the box for DR1.

the irony is that if they made a game based on Night of the Living Dead, it would be fine because the distributors didn't copyright it properly (or at all, i think). It was public domain from the moment it released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom