• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Afternoon ladies and gents.. just purchased Amerzone for 60c (coupon!) as game #499... gotta sell some curds but I have no idea what should be the magic 500... depends on how well the market treats me I suppose.

also woke up to the BoI Rebirth trailer and news that it comes out a day after my birthday for the Steams... I know what I'll be doin' then..

Grim Fandango too?

Based November.

kudoboi

Dammit.

22n0jI7.jpg

you and me both

joI7PXG.png

Tellaerin

you are a good dad.

IF I ever have kids one of the things I look forward to most is showing them the games I grew up on.

At best, kids today would find the games I grew up on amusingly crude, and poke at them for five minutes or so. At worst they'd see them as a form of psychological torture. :p

Ruruja

Hmm, is JaseC still online? Looks like those 2 rugby games I always fancied buying but were NEVER on sale have disappeared from steam.

xBladeM6x

If I never played a LEGO game, which one is the best to start with?

Edit: Steam is kinda killing me. I looked at the 15€ price tag for BoI and though "Wow, hoooow much?" -___-
Again, I played 250 hours of the "first" one

The most revered seem to be:

• MARVEL Super Heroes
  • Batman 2
  • The Hobbit
  • (Personally LOtR + Hobbit)

Ozium

Indieroyale Debut 18 bundle
Price: 1.75€
  • In Exilium
  • Dungeon of Gain
  • Drew and the Floating Labyrinth
  • Crunch Time
  • Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land
  • Inside the Gear
  • Voyage to Farland

scared to buy greenlight bundles now that valve doesn't do epic release batches anymore... I have all these games waiting to be a +1 but noooooo

Lomax

which will have more staying power isaac rebirth or spelunky hd?

I think Isaac has more appeal because it has unlocks, progression, and a bit of a narrative. It's also a style of game much less common than platformers. Spelunky is more for the people that want to absolutely master essentially a physical skill.

scared to buy greenlight bundles now that valve doesn't do epic release batches anymore... I have all these games waiting to be a +1 but noooooo
Same here, and Royale's dumb pricing system doesn't help. I feel like I'm getting cheated if I don't catch the bundle right as it goes live.

Porcupine

Isaac is already the topseller on Steam =) I'm extremely excited about this game, the original is one of my most-played games of all time.

Same here, and Royale's dumb pricing system doesn't help. I feel like I'm getting cheated if I don't catch the bundle right as it goes live.

At least with groupees you can buy the greenlight bundles for $1, the debut bundles on Indie Royale are the only ones I skip thanks to the stupid pricing.

Uzzy

And of course there's a game breaking bug in Planetary Annihilation, that hits just as I get my base/planet all set up. Frustrating.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
SFIV Ultra upgrade DLC won't download on my laptop. orz It's literally a few kb away but steam keeps on pausing it! I just want to play while I'm stranded here!

No problem, do you also plan on getting the Season Pass? I think they recently added the last add-on to the game and I've never been a big fan of such paid content. I don't think I can push 60 FPS with that texture pack but I'll be happy with an average of 50FPS with some eye-candy cars! ;)

I pre-bought Dirt Showdown and felt really burned by that game. I also pre-bought Grid 2 for the same result. So, I'll play a few hours this weekend first and see.

Just been chasing them feels from Grid and Dirt 2. And the latest games just don't hold up to those.

Grief.exe

Does the release date for Shadow of Mordor keep changing?

Originally it was going to be slightly after the console release, then the Steam listing had October 2nd, now it is showing September 30, which is the same date as the console version. GMG shows October 1st.

aku:jiki

Just noticed Isaac has Toothpicks on in two of the store screenshots. I'm assuming that's a hint that they've been buffed heavily! I look forward to actually using them for once.

He's also rocking Umbilical Cord in two shots... Actually finding use for the useless items from the original is going to be the most mindblowing part of this game.

The_Monk

I pre-bought Dirt Showdown and felt really burned by that game. I also pre-bought Grid 2 for the same result. So, I'll play a few hours this weekend first and see.

Just been chasing them feels from Grid and Dirt 2. And the latest games just don't hold up to those.

I also finished Dirt Showdown not too long ago, here's what I thought of the game in my small Steam Review:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/201700/

Let me know what you think from Autosport, I had my fair share of entertainment from Grid 2 as well.

Vuze

Wish Dead Rising 3 would perform better, had a great 2h session and really enjoyed it. :/
BSOD when quitting the game tho lol

What little I did play of BoI I found to be fairly decent fun, and I'm sure actual controller support would make it much more enjoyable. But when it comes down to it, the game is really nothing special.

The price is laughable, even with the discount. It should be $10, and the loyalty price $5.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if I will get my arcade stick to work with Rebirth

because that would be the most awesome thing ever

What little I did play of BoI I found to be fairly decent fun, and I'm sure actual controller support would make it much more enjoyable. But when it comes down to it, the game is really nothing special.

The price is laughable, even with the discount. It should be $10, and the loyalty price $5.

You played Rebirth already?

Tizoc

Yowza, DR3 runs at 20 FPS for me with highst graphical settings lol.
Gonna trim down a few things, to see what gives me 60 FPS.

xBladeM6x

Yowza, DR3 runs at 20 FPS for me with highst graphical settings lol.
Gonna trim down a few things, to see what gives me 60 FPS.

What GPU? Also, turn down the setting that says "Full Quality" to 720 or 900. That should give significant FPS boost.

Lomax

Just noticed Isaac has Toothpicks on in two of the store screenshots. I'm assuming that's a hint that they've been buffed heavily! I look forward to actually using them for once.

He's also rocking Umbilical Cord in two shots... Actually finding use for the useless items from the original is going to be the most mindblowing part of this game.

The biggest switch to me is how they have clearly made a lot of previously mutually exclusive items combine in new and crazy ways. My concern though is that with so many items now, too much of the cool stuff will just never show up (it was getting that way with WotL as it was). But we'll see.

It may not be for you, and that's fine. But to call it nothing special is just to stick your head in the sand and ignore obvious reality.

I have yet to play WotL, I own it but have it disabled via the client.. I wanted to 100% vanilla before moving on... might have to change that policy now tho lol...

I definitely recommend playing Vanilla first to anyone, and overall I probably enjoyed the Vanilla experience better. But if you've gotten a good amount of time in vanilla you may as well go ahead and move into Wrath, it opens up a ton of stuff you'll enjoy.

Ozium

The biggest switch to me is how they have clearly made a lot of previously mutually exclusive items combine in new and crazy ways. My concern though is that with so many items now, too much of the cool stuff will just never show up (it was getting that way with WotL as it was). But we'll see.

I have yet to play WotL, I own it but have it disabled via the client.. I wanted to 100% vanilla before moving on... might have to change that policy now tho lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom