• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
No worries dude. I don't speak italian, but there may be a fair few that do. So who knows?

image.php

someone stop me ... PLEASE!!!! :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A lot of people in here should be italian from what i read in these days... but I just asked you to leave a feedback so if you have some free time...

Many members from here are posting links to their Youtube/Twitch/Hitbox channels. None of them are asking people to subscribe/like/comment. It's good that you're trying to help your friend but you're achieving the opposite by begging for likes and comments, leaving the links should be enough

mik7697

Neo Member
Many members from here are posting links to their Youtube/Twitch/Hitbox channels. None of them are asking people to subscribe/like/comment. It's good that you're trying to help your friend but you're achieving the opposite by begging for likes and comments, leaving the links should be enough

I think you're misunderstanding me... I don't speak too well english so it's a bit difficult. well i just ask to leave a feedback ...and btw he's like a brother for me so i think i have done a good thing.

Momentary

Banned
So let me get this straight, and please excuse me for dipping into fallacious territory here, but this is frankly ridiculous. A developer puts in years of work and investment into a new engine, content, etc and you feel entitled to a free upgrade as you purchased the game during a humble bundle?

No matter how you perceive the game, there is a significant amount of development that went into this product. There is no way to just put this up separately, as the new content, enemies, bosses, music, etc permeate the opening areas of the game as well.

I really hate this "bundle" age of PC gamers where they feel entitled to everything extra or require a DEEP discount due to picking up a game in a $5.00 bundle with 8 games in it.

I can't wait for Yatagarasu to hit Steam to see how many people throw a fit about getting the game for free after the groupees bundle said they would not give out Steam keys because it's the first iteration of the game.

$10 Dollars for BoI is a damn STEAL seeing how many hours I put in the first one.

Momentary

Banned
Oh shit son. Guilty Gear X2 Reload is now on Steam. Best fighting game ever. Better than that Isuka crap steam got a year or so back.

It really should have been Accent Core Plus. But that's asking too much from this Publisher. Thing is ASW will look at BB, Isuka and Reload on Steam as test bed to see whether or not Xrd gets released on the platform. How stupid is that. BBCP should have been the test.

mik7697

Neo Member
Wouldn't it blow your mind if mik turned out to be a Nigerian Prince?

lol that would be nice but i'm just an italian person who's trying to enter in a mediciine college.... but it's not so much different from a nigerian prince don't you think? ;) xD

Dambrosi

Banned
It really should have been Accent Core Plus. But that's asking too much from this Publisher. Thing is ASW will look at BB, Isuka and Reload on Steam as test bed to see whether or not Xrd gets released on the platform. How stupid is that. BBCP should have been the test.
Just effing buy it already. If Xrd doesn't come to Steam, I'm blaming you.

:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here is the SLI bit for IdTech 5

0x00000004 (Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order)

Yeah, I know; I use Nvidia Inspector myself. But like I said:

noslid8s8c.jpg

You can of course select other options, but doing so actually reduces performance, which is why the profile defaults to one GPU and the single-GPU rendering mode.

Li Kao

Mmh, so someone asked more or less this question earlier but I didn't see any answer for it. Well it's not really the same question but near enough.
With the soon to be released open world console racers forza horizon 2 and driveclub (not open world afaik but well), what are my options as a primary pc gamer ?
Burnout Paradise, The Crew, maybe the last two NFS (are they open world ?), the two Test drive unlimited (are the servers even up anymore ?), Fuel...
Am I missing any ?

And let's say I don't buy a console because I won't be able to pay 60$ a pop, let's say that we forget the open world aspect, what are the great recent arcady or sim-light driving games ?

Knurek

All of you posting links to Desura/Greenlight pages for Gender Bender...
Are you aware the game is actually available on Steam (Early Access)?

Ruruja

I stumbled upon this already greenlit gem

Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

Why does the eye go in front of the hair?

---

Also, Turfster or someone probably already said, but Lifeless Planet's been added to the IndieGala August HEAT bundle.

mik7697

Neo Member
Given that monetization is activated on the videos... you are kinda asking for money actually.

My friend donesn't have a partnership so no videos aren't monetized if that interests you. But i'm just thinking about why if you don't want to watch those you continue making objections about them...pls make me acquainted -.-

Grief.exe

Yeah, I know; I use Nvidia Inspector myself. But like I said:

noslid8s8c.jpg

You can of course select other options, but doing so actually reduces performance, which is why the profile defaults to one GPU and the single-GPU rendering mode.

I haven't played Wolf14 and don't remember the SLI issues on Rage as I am too far removed from that play through.

Have you tried playing around with SLI bits for DR3?

I see what you're all saying, and I can concede that my argument, at it's core, is kind of ridiculous. The bigger point I'm trying to convey (and seemingly failing to do so, eloquently) is a concern more for the future of games, with this sort of practice.

If the previous game is as broken as you made it out to be, and their goal was to fix it, then they should have fixed it, and released a patch. It's not unheard of for devs to release huge overhauls, for free, as a patch. If their goal was to just re-release the game (which is what looks to be the actual case) just to make some more money, that's more or less the reason I take issue with this release.

I'm feeling burned by a lot of these recent unnecessary Director's Cuts/Remastered/Enhanced/STCE releases. They're all (mostly) glorified patches. And people are actually buying them, condoning the practice. Deus Ex (even though they sold it for dirt cheap, all things considered), Q.U.B.E, Whispered World, Guacamelee, etc. It's just getting out of hand, and in this day and age of DLC, if you're going to hold a patch hostage behind new content, it should at the very least be as DLC.

Momentary

Banned
Just effing buy it already. If Xrd doesn't come to Steam, I'm blaming you.

:p

I have Isuka and BB already, thank you. I'll be getting this too. I'm doing my part, but there are many folks out there who will buy fighting games without online play on the PC.

Asgaro

Night Dive Bundle from BundleStars is up, for $3.49

• System Shock 2
  • Bad Mojo: Redux
  • Wizardy 6 & 7
  • Wizardy 8
  • Harvester
  • 7th Gues & 11th Hour
  • I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
  • Shadow Man

Awesome. In for System Shock 2.

Have heard very good things about that game and the original Deus Ex, but it's only since about a few weeks ago that my interest has peeked enough to consider buying the games and actually playing them.
- Deus Ex I bought last month for cheap at GMG.
- Glad I can now get System Shock 2 for a decent price as well!

mik7697

Neo Member
Leaving a dislike didn't helped too much the channel but i wanna thank who left those because from now on he 'll be inclined to do better. and thx to all who went to just watch the videos to =) your help is much appreciated =)

I see what you're all saying, and I can concede that my argument, at it's core, is kind of ridiculous. The bigger point I'm trying to convey (and seemingly failing to do so, eloquently) is a concern more for the future of games, with this sort of practice.

If the previous game is as broken as you made it out to be, and their goal was to fix it, then they should have fixed it, and released a patch. It's not unheard of for devs to release huge overhauls, for free, as a patch. If their goal was to just re-release the game (which is what looks to be the actual case) just to make some more money, that's more or less the reason I take issue with this release.

I'm feeling burned by a lot of these recent unnecessary Director's Cuts/Remastered/Enhanced/STCE releases. They're all (mostly) glorified patches. And people are actually buying them, condoning the practice. Deus Ex (even though they sold it for dirt cheap, all things considered), Q.U.B.E, Whispered World, Guacamelee, etc. It's just getting out of hand, and in this day and age of DLC, if you're going to hold a patch hostage behind new content, it should at the very least be as DLC.

The original was not perfect, but it was not "broken" by any means. The engine was shit, it didn't run well on certain machienes, but the game was fine.
Rebirth is not a re-release with a bit of "director's cut" DLC, like the games you mentioned. I think charging anything close to full price for these is a rip-off as well.
Rebirth roughly doubles the content of the original, has an entirely new engine and art-style that will run on anything and can be almost considered a sequel. The old one was made in an engine that makes adding more content and fixing bugs practically impossible. It was done as a very quick side project that was never supposed to blow up like it did, so this new version is supposed to fix everything that was wrong with the old one and there was a lot of work put into it.

The discussion you want to have is needed, but BoI should not be part of it.

Games getting updated/reworked isn't a new thing. Capcom built a kingdom on incremental updates.

For some devs, they HAVE to make these changes to get their games onto new platforms, too. Console makers have required that games are either launched day-and-date as they are on their competitors platforms OR if they choose to launch later it was necessary that new content/features be added to make up for the later launch.

Besides, BOI was sold in at least one bundle, so there are people who bought the game for $1, of which barely anything from that makes it to the devs. that devs still discount their updates considering that is a nice gesture on their part. The amount of work they're putting into this is pretty freakin' big.

Last, I'd rather have devs getting work, making money, being relatively healthy. If that means they can bring new gamers in by making substantial updates to older products then fine, good for them. The market seems to want it, and consumers don't seem to be frustrated enough for it to backfire on them.

Annubis

My friend donesn't have a partnership so no videos aren't monetized if that interests you. But i'm just thinking about why if you don't want to watch those you continue making objections about them...pls make me acquainted -.-

So your friend mr. "Buzz Games™" (I'm guessing Games is his middle name and trademark his last name?) who is part of the Freedom! partnership (partnerships are on user's profile page BTW) and has ads activated on the video and on the side bar is not monetizing videos and has no partnership?

Nice bullshit.

The realities of game development mean that sometimes programmers simply have to minimize their risks and simply make their game in whatever way they can to get it out there. When the first Binding of Isaac was made, it probably wasn't designed with add-on content in mind. That sort of thing is not trivial programming.

They're not just re-releasing the game to make more money. Now that they have a willing audience, they can take the time to recode the entire game right, with a lot of extra content and the ability to add more. That's not cheap, and I can't think of many developers who do it right, much less give it away for free.

mik7697

Neo Member
So your friend mr. "Buzz Games™" (I'm guessing Games is his middle name and trademark is last name?) who is part of the Freedom! partnership (partnerships are on user's profile page BTW) and has ads activated on the video and on the side bar is not monetizing videos and has no partnership?

Nice bullshit.

he signed a contract with youtube and he applied for freedom but he didn't receive any reply so imagine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom