• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

I'm way late on this because I had a crazy day at work but...

Dat Humble Bundle. I might only get the $1 tier because I want all of those games but from the middle tier I'm really only interested in Gone Home. Someone talk me into getting the middle tier.

Edited for clarity...

If you do end up getting the middle tier, you might as well just get the $10 tier, it's about $2 for Prison Architect.

Miguel81

I suppose their refund policy is great, but I've never asked for a refund before so it's not something I think of.

Me neither. On the other hand Steam remove games from my account if I ask, and no one else was willing to do this from my experimentation. That's a plus in my OCD-ridden book.

zkylon

zkylewd
these tits profile background look super creepy like a guy hiding with a camera taking shots

6eb433e68db605b0903f328ab303e4d5caaf2e93.jpg
879bdd5acc02add9d3b1a62f606cc085bc23ff1d.jpg

lol

Lain

I can only imagine what OT number the Destiny OT would be on if it released on PC as well.

Seems like I won Gone Home. I'll have to give it a try later.

Kanokare

Who is that? I just picked random hockey dude during my purge of animu.
Honestly, I'm not sure. All I know is Miller is going to be a Canucklehead soon. (I am a Vancouverite)

Between school starting and the loss of my mic I haven't found time to play recently. Hopefully I'll be on this weekend but expect me to be as bad as when I first started playing. (Who am I kidding, I never got any better!)

Haha I play with everyone either way, no matter skill level. As long as people are willing to listen to gentle criticism from me though :) Also, I won't be on much this weekend. Club-hopping >_>

oipic

Does steam overlay work on Banner Saga for everyone?

It's quirky, but I had to head into a browser, right-click a Flash element, then head into settings to enable hardware acceleration in order to get the overlay to play nicely with Banner Saga.

I just did my first stream with Open Broadcaster, how the fuck wasn't i using that til now.
I need to actually try using that. Every time I did (trying to use Nvenc so I get the low overhead that Shadowplay has) I got some weird error about not being able to capture or something? I need to sit down and actually work it out.

Miguel81

That PC thread is something else. Some of the posts make it seem like we're still in the dark period of PC gaming(mid-00s). Also, why isn't everyone in here an elitist and condescending prick like I've been told? I are dissapoint.

Deitus

I was wondering what happened to Keanu and turns out he's banned

RIP

Are you talking about jim-jam bongs (he's the only one I can think of with a Keanu avatar who regularly posts here)?

He got banned a week ago, sadly not that long after getting unbanned. Hopefully this one isn't a long ban.

Anteater

Mine just doesn't work, can't remember if it's always like this.

Do you have other overlays running like Fraps or afterburner? Try turning them off if you do.

Are you talking about jim-jam bongs (he's the only one I can think of with a Keanu avatar who regularly posts here)?

He got banned a week ago, sadly not that long after getting unbanned. Hopefully this one isn't a long ban.

Yeah jim-jam bongs

It's quirky, but I had to head into a browser, right-click a Flash element, then head into settings to enable hardware acceleration in order to get the overlay to play nicely with Banner Saga.
I've read about this fix, but my hardware acceleration setting was already enabled.
Do you have other overlays running like Fraps or afterburner? Try turning them off if you do.
I don't have those running, gonna try reinstalling flash first.

Edit: Reinstalling flash and re-enabling hardware acceleration fixed it.

Slowly clearing out bundle keys for games I already have. Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for PurpleMoustache:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PurpleMoustache, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-22FFDC0DF6B66680 - Taken by Vazduh. 2 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-BEA33FACF2EE2973 - Taken by deadflower81. 2 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP #2 -- MB-DBB6551384B15DBA - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP #1 -- MB-C833A6E69CEC2A5C - Taken by hepburn3d. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Man -- MB-DD299C9417F46147 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-2874A0A00237C072 - Taken by AsylumX. 5 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-8F9A7E0A26EFF9D2 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-72997C0D726FEA72 - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-4529ABAF09389B68 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-3DB8FCDF0A60D838 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-AB632B20FFF6D9D1 - Taken by Helmholtz. 1 entrants total.

t1410331781z1.png

Nabs

I just did my first stream with Open Broadcaster, how the fuck wasn't i using that til now.

Yeah, OBS is fantastic. I also recommend checking out Hitbox if you don't already have a crazy number of regular viewers. There's so little lag between stream and chat, it's great.

Anustart

I have no idea what my current goal is in Terraria. I've acquired a gold pick axe and sword, but other than that, I dunno. Keep finding stuff I can't mine also :(

MetalDeer

Oh man, just happened to make about $10 from Steam cards today, and I see that The Banner Saga is on sale for $9.99. Totally gonna grab that.

(Also, thank you jshackles for idlemaster, made getting those cards super easy!)

BHK3

Banned
Valve really needs to do something about these servers, every single day its either dota or csgo or steam itself goes down...

NotSelf

I have no idea what my current goal is in Terraria. I've acquired a gold pick axe and sword, but other than that, I dunno. Keep finding stuff I can't mine also :(

Keep exploring and whatever you can mine try different crafting recipes with those items and don't worry about goals just approach terraria with a sense of experimentation exploration and randomness there is no wrong or right way to play the game your own imagination is a big part on how much enjoyment you will get from this game.

Holy cow I actually got OBS working like I wanted. I was using one of the Maxwell-exclusive NVenc settings, so on my kepler card it was spitting out an error. All good to go now. Probably gonna stream for the first time in like 6 months tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom