• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

All this talk about randoms and what not, you all remember me right?

On-topic: In my adventures through Skyrim, I found that if you hit an animal while it's moving and kill it the ragdoll goes bonkers and make it moves in funny ways.

ragdoll shenanigans are one of the reasons to play skyrim.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Maybe someone here has encountered a similar problem like this before?

After I read a few pages back that I can restore my gfwl save game in Batman AC I tried to give it a shot but when I started the game I got this error message

KbKMAWY.png

after a little research I found some posts that said that I have to give administrative rights to the exe and so I did but then I encountered this message,

f5YVhve.png

although I am logged in to steam

My folder where the exe is looks like this

PYukL5f.png

but after I verify the game integrity of the game cache it says that 42 files failed to verify

zBCy2Aq.png

and after that the folder with the exe looks like this

gJtTpTG.png

After I try to start the game then I get the first error message again and after the directory looks like before (with the 7 files in it)...

Anyone encountered smth familiar and or has any ideas how to solve this?

It appears buying Dead Rising 3 for Russia prices is already a fruitless effort, I know I shouldn't buy it, but it not being cheap anymore makes me want to buy it.

Kanokare

Congrats Kano! Was this from that video contest?

Thanks! It was a different contest that happened in August. I always recommend friends to put a few hours into EVGA servers for the duration of the contest. Even if you feel it's unlikely to win you're still able to win! I've already won 3 things total from EVGA :D

PS -
I miss you :(

So apparently I can launch Dead Rising 3 without crashing if I just plug my monitor in via DisplayPort instead of HDMI. It still crashes on exit though and the framerate is godawful. I guess my Pentium III 500mhz with a Voodoo 3 3000 is no good anymore.

iosefe

Well, First Impressions of Gunpoint:

pretty cheeky intro. And boy do I love the Smooth Jazz. if this keeps up for the whole game i'll be happy

Giving away extra HB keys since everyone should try SteamWorld Dig.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PsychoSoldier, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers Please -- MB-3543757ADA04BC45 - Taken by louiedog. 22 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-209CECFE5FD6085D - Taken by hepburn3d. 9 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-284E3C8F440702D5 - Taken by Saty. 13 entrants total.

t1410400361z1.png

hey is that ryan miller on team usa during the Olympics in vancouver/sochi?

<-- is canadian :D

Who is that? I just picked random hockey dude during my purge of animu.
Honestly, I'm not sure. All I know is Miller is going to be a Canucklehead soon. (I am a Vancouverite)

Thanks! It was a different contest that happened in August. I always recommend friends to put a few hours into EVGA servers for the duration of the contest. Even if you feel it's unlikely to win you're still able to win! I've already won 3 things total from EVGA :D

PS -
I miss you :(

Between school starting and the loss of my mic I haven't found time to play recently. Hopefully I'll be on this weekend but expect me to be as bad as when I first started playing. (Who am I kidding, I never got any better!)

LUFTRAUSERS isn't the most intuitive game off the bat, but after you figure out how everything works, it's ridiculously fun and addictive.

And that soundtrack is bumpin'.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Take a break from steam to visit origin and experience the emotion only Fifa can provide.

Now that Nabs woke me up to the truth about Origin- that it is coded by the cpu burning devil himself, I think I will pass.

I mean wtf is this, look at that CPU usage for all I am doing with Origin (it's constant too):

wtfa9su8.jpg

Now that Nabs woke me up to the truth about Origin- that it is coded by the cpu burning devil himself, I think I will pass.

I mean wtf is this, look at that CPU usage for all I am doing with Origin (it's constant too):

snip[/QUOTE]

It is odd that the initial install process causes CPUs to run like that (25% for me) but at least it runs at 0% otherwise. Not really a big deal though, CPU isn't going to explode.
[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/fifa15_demo2014-09-0920iio.png
FIFA 15 looks really nice, aliasing in the screenshot but downsampling helps with that. Can run the game at 3200x1800 and hold a steady 60 unless I zoom right in on a player and have the depth of field kick in like crazy. For whatever reason trying to take a screenshot while downsampling causes the game to crash, and alt tabbing out resets the resolution to 1080P

Echoplx

It is odd that the initial install process causes CPUs to run like that (25% for me) but at least it runs at 0% otherwise. Not really a big deal though, CPU isn't going to explode.

Origin has been usng 15% CPU for the entire download process.

Steam vs Origin while both are downloading

ogheupe.png

Origin is a bloated pile of shit, I can't believe some people actually think it's better than Steam, especially after this.

That is pretty bad then, wasn't going to ride out an entire install to see :p Imagine that must be a bug? Don't think I've seen that mentioned before which it surely would have been.

And I can't imagine any sane person finding Origin to be a better or more efficient service. Just think it's good enough to put up with in order to play the exclusives game I want like BF/Fifa/Dragon Age/etc

liezryou

That is pretty bad then, wasn't going to ride out an entire install to see :p Imagine that must be a bug? Don't think I've seen that mentioned before which it surely would have been.

And I can't imagine any sane person finding Origin to be a better or more efficient service. Just think it's good enough to put up with in order to play the exclusives game I want like BF/Fifa/Dragon Age/etc

Well the customer service on origin is f'in amazing. I don't know if it's my computer, but origin is much less of a hog of resources vs steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
But does it decompress stuff dynamically while it's downloading, or does it do that all at once when you actually install the game? I was under the impression it was the latter with Steam.

It seems that games download in chunks now, decompress, download more chunks, and so on until the download is complete. I notice a lot of sporadic hard drive activity when it isn't downloading but still in progress of downloading.

Backlogger

I'm way late on this because I had a crazy day at work but...

Dat Humble Bundle. I might only get the $1 tier because I want all of those games but from the middle tier I'm really only interested in Gone Home. Someone talk me into getting the middle tier.

Edited for clarity...

Here's some extra keys I have
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (astrogamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-40A61655E3885F10
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-D341DCE3E79BC102
Hammerwatch -- MB-C2423E1118B466FD - Taken by Cozmogramma. 8 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-2046A62FA0EFCE78
Fez -- MB-FC4F0DD1AA11EC1F

t1410328721z1.png

Echoplx

But does it decompress stuff dynamically while it's downloading, or does it do that all at once when you actually install the game? I was under the impression it was the latter with Steam.

Yes it's done on the fly, Steam doesn't "Install" games, the only installation process is for dependencies like DirectX etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom