• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just got done playing this because of the playfire rewards it has. You probably already own it from a bundle and idled it for cards.. It's similar to those electric table top sports game in that you cant really control the players but you get items and power-ups and power-downs to play with. The game is fun at first but then 30 minutes later you're sick of it. Keep it as a +1 in your library or play the iOS version while you're on the toilet.

Ozium

The Escapists had a 2nd update that added a minimum security prison (the first level in the full release) and a guide in the menu so I can actually read how to play it now instead of getting lost..

I wlil check out Terraria I didn't know there was a guide in it..

I've always been a read the manual first type.

Mozendo

yes, but to what end?

Until you want it to end.
I put a few hours into terraria and unless they changed it Terraria doesn't have a win state, all you're doing is gathering resources to build your house/base and craft armor and weapons so you can defeat bosses and gain new resources to do it all over again.

There will be a point in the game where defeating bosses will not unlock anymore resources for crafting. I guess some people consider that end-game.

Echoplx

It's probably not going to be for you.

Terraria and Minecraft didn't click for me, It's for people that want to just relax and build/dig shit.

Terraria is much more gamey than minecraft, it has tiered loot, bosses, zones with harder difficulties that you need to unlock etc.

I've played hundreds of hours of terraria without ever building beyond the bare necessities for storage/crafting.

Jawmuncher

Terraria is much more gamey than minecraft, it has tiered loot, bosses, zones with harder difficulties that you need to unlock etc.

I've played hundreds of hours of terraria without ever building beyond the bare necessities for storage/crafting.

Even with the objectives I still gotta say it still isn't something that clicked with me either.

Echoplx

Even with the objectives I still gotta say it still isn't something that clicked with me either.

That's cool, I'm not saying everyone should like it but I don't think it's fair to compare it with minecraft, they are really different in a lot of ways but they get lumped together a lot which bugs me.

Jawmuncher

That's cool, I'm not saying everyone should like it but I don't think it's fair to compare it with minecraft, they are really different in a lot of ways but they get lumped together a lot which bugs me.

It was going to happen when its claim to fame was everyone saying it was 2D minecraft.
Hell anything where you can make something is lumped in there now.

Mokoi

Banned

Well that is obviously because you were playing a indie garbage 2D game, and not a good triple A game.

Marco has the right idea somewhat; however, is a bit misguided.

iosefe

i reember my early days with terraria. it was great when you had people to play with. same goes for minecraft, where i played a lot on The Daily Block

dmix90

Did they changed font color for friendlist? Now it looks more suited to future blue theme. Stylesheet update right around the corner?

Ozium

It's a Metroidvania/Minecraft hybrid. I guess the Metroidvania part could have been mentioned more but it is what it is.

yeah this is what drew me to Terraria but I felt just thrown into it with no structure whatsoever.. but I didnt know about the guide or anything.. Just a simple 'how to get started' would be fine..

tbh though I only tried it for like 5-10 minutes before I idled it for cards.. I've been meaning to go back but after hearing they were adding achievements I figure why not just wait for that.

sheaaaa

Anyone know what the currency updates have in store? My store is changing to the Singapore dollar on the 16th apparently, and I'm somewhat afraid that the prices are going to be jacked up.

Anustart

Got a shaft dropping straight down below my house, feels like its miles deep at the moment. Got some people moving in as well.

Was gonna craft some treasure chests before bed but I must not have had the ingredients. Thought it was just wood.

I guess I'm in for the long haul. Hell, in minecraft I once dug a 2x2 tunnel 10,000 blocks long. If

iosefe

I think I want to just randomly host a fresh world, medium sized. In order to play, you gotta use a hardcore character. Your fun is over when you die.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anybody here ever activated an onlyallowrunincountries sub over the top of a region-free sub? I inadvertently happened upon someone who has an RU Call of Doggy: Ghosts pre-order in their inventory, but I'm not entirely sure which way to go about activating the game so it's not region-locked at the runtime level (pre-order and then the Gold Edition or Gold Edition and then the pre-order). I'm leaning towards the latter as the RU sub would just add the Watcher DLC to my account, but it's entirely possible that the configuration of the most recent sub would have preference regardless of the content it added.

GKB

Just got email from Steam that Indonesian Rupiah will be coming at 16 Sept. I expect to see a lot of zeroes on store soon. Finger crossed regional pricing will follow Ru or Bra, we are third world country too!

I received the same email, hopefully that will be the case :D

Newblade

Glory to bullfrog pants!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Newblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gunpoint -- MB-40C506F65077C337 - Taken by Saty
Papers, Please -- MB-9957C7925BABE02F - Taken by creamsugar

Arthea

Yo The Room is pretty awesome, I hope it never ends, I'm having a great time feeling smart playing it.

It indeed is awesome, it's in my GOTY list too. Would take a sequel in heartbeat.
have to disappoint you, ends too soon, and leaves lots of questions unanswered, though

When can we expect the first Destiny reviews to hit, I'd guess tomorrow?

I've watched my friends playing it yesterday, it looks nice. Mission wasn't super fun, though, but at least tough.

ViviOggi

I've watched my friends playing it yesterday, it looks nice. Mission wasn't super fun, though, but at least tough.
I've been watching some streams last night and it looked pretty bland tbh.
Reviews from sites that rush to be first are going to be worth about as much as the paper you could print them on.
I really just need the review thread
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom