• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's a random question for you: anyone happen to have proper keybindings for Hotline Miami on Mac using a PS3 controller

The controller... works but there's some weirdness (like start is mapped to arrow up)

GaussTek

In case you missed out the GS giveaway yesterday. It's GOG (PC/Mac). Got a link/code last night but I didn't redeem it. Hope it still works. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (GOG) -- MB-DB7AC144B6D0CEE9 - Taken by astrogamer. 4 entrants total.

t1410634269z1.png

kiyomi

I can't decide whether I'm playing Grimrock, Divinity: OS, or Bulletstorm right now. I keep playing one for a bit, then transitioning to the other.

That's me right now, but replace that with

AC IV: Black Flag
Bastion
Divinity: OS
FEAR
Gunpoint
Half-Life
Marvel Heroes 2015
Prison Architect
South Park
Transistor
The Witcher

In the end, I play none of them for very long. ;-;

Oh boy you guys really think you can beat dunder in speedrunners? Id love to see that. The man already has a good lead as soon ad the race starts. Ihave no idea how he does it but he does.
im calling hacks but I got no proof to support this :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DontBlink, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontBlink, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-BCE230F89840323E - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 26 entrants total.

t1410629829z1.png

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Can someone educate me... what does "Partial Controller Support" mean?

Is it just meaning that some functions still require a keyboard (menus and such) or that you will be constantly going back and forth. Which would be silly.

Is it just meaning that some functions still require a keyboard (menus and such) or that you will be constantly going back and forth. Which would be silly.
In my experience, it usually means that menus, inventory, etc. can't be controlled with a controller. Kind of shitty and clunky, but not a dealbreaker or gamebreaker.

Turfster

Daily Mirror's Edge 75% off

Humble Day 6
  • South Park Stick of Truth 20€
  • Banished 6.5€
  • Last Federation 9.5€
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe 0.79€
  • Amnesia Machine For Pigs 5.95€
  • Always Sometimes Monsters 5€
  • Don't Starve Reign of Giants 11€
  • Hammerwatch 2.5€
  • Antichamber 2.5€
  • You don't know Jack Classic bundle 3.5€
  • Thunder Wolves 1.6€
  • The Night of the Rabbit 5€
  • Hotline Miami 2€
  • Walking Dead 400 Days 1.24€
  • Doorkickers 8.4€
  • Paper Sorcerer 0.79€
  • Influx 1.6€
  • Space Hulk 5€
  • Trine Enchanted 1€
  • Mount & Blade 3€

ViviOggi

Depends on the game, in my experience it's mostly ones with a pre-game options menu the developer didn't bother to make skippable. Generally the older the game the more problems you'll run into.

This humble sale is weird in terms of featured slots and price consistency.

Get Banished for $10! Flash sale it's $6! Third daily feature it's $8!

Humble Day 6
  • Banished 6.5€
  • Last Federation 9.5€
  • Hammerwatch 2.5€
  • Antichamber 2.5€
  • Thunder Wolves 1.6€
  • Hotline Miami 2€
  • Doorkickers 8.4€
  • Paper Sorcerer 0.79€
  • Influx 1.6€
  • Space Hulk 5€
  • Trine Enchanted 1€
  • Mount & Blade 3€

Thanks once again, Paper Sorcerer looks rad.

kiyomi

Humble Day 6
  • Banished 6.5€
  • Last Federation 9.5€
  • Hammerwatch 2.5€
  • Antichamber 2.5€
  • Thunder Wolves 1.6€
  • Hotline Miami 2€
  • Doorkickers 8.4€
  • Paper Sorcerer 0.79€
  • Influx 1.6€
  • Space Hulk 5€
  • Trine Enchanted 1€
  • Mount & Blade 3€

Paper Sorcerer looks kinda interesting. Might have to get Mirror's Edge at long last.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Extra from the Humble Bundle..

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NervousXtian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

HAMMERWATCH.GIF
Hammerwatch -- MB-C977FB5EC55501E6 - Taken by Ezalc

Elija2

I posted this in the Capcom sale thread, but I want to post it here too so I can get more answers:

Is RE4 HD a more demanding game than RE6? I want to get it, but I can only run RE6 at 30fps and I'm worried that RE4 will run even worse. That System Requirements Lab site says my video card can't handle it even though I do pass the minimum requirements for RE6.

Turfster

GFWL is fucked apparently. Spent the last hour reinstalling, changing passwords, verifying, moving shit to different drives, ect..... Glad it was only ten bucks.
Have you done the whole logging in to xbox.com thing to accept the 'new' EULA thing?
(GFWL should have died a long time ago.)

GFWL is fucked apparently. Spent the last hour reinstalling, changing passwords, verifying, moving shit to different drives, ect..... Glad it was only ten bucks.

When GFWL is around things always go pear-shaped. For instance, I played Dark Souls (PC) earlier this year and the only thing that stopped me was GFWL's awful installation procedure. The included GFWL installer was an old version that would not update on its own, and the version available from the GFWL website would not function properly when installed. (It was also very difficult to even find.) I don't recall the specifics of the errors, but nothing worked. At all. I could only play on offline mode without saving, since I couldn't log in.

The only reason I was able to play DS1 was because I had some (old?) version of GFWL sitting on my hard drive for some reason. Installing that one actually caused it to function properly without any further meddling.

The lesson learned was: avoid GFWL because it is an actual plague.

Challenge still on, why is noone going up against me? :p

Wait what?
Oh dude, it's ON!
Anyone, anytime, 1 free random game if you win an official map, 1vs1, 1vs2, 1vs3, i dont care, no mercy!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

I'm gonna show you one thing and another! :p

Challengers:
- iosefe
- BernardoOne

xBladeM6x

When GFWL is around things always go pear-shaped. For instance, I played Dark Souls (PC) earlier this year and the only thing that stopped me was GFWL's awful installation procedure. The included GFWL installer was an old version that would not update on its own, and the version available from the GFWL website would not function properly when installed. (It was also very difficult to even find.) I don't recall the specifics of the errors, but nothing worked. At all. I could only play on offline mode without saving, since I couldn't log in.

The only reason I was able to play DS1 was because I had some (old?) version of GFWL sitting on my hard drive for some reason. Installing that one actually caused it to function properly without any further meddling.

The lesson learned was: avoid GFWL because it is an actual plague.

It wouldn't be very hard to find anymore, if you posted the installer that worked for you. :p

Here's a code for La-Mulana from an old Groupees bundle. I purchased two of them at the time, and I used one for myself. Unfortunately I don't remember which one it was so... if this doesn't work just send me a PM and I'll send you the other code.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

La-Mulana -- MB-7A8EC5D1F455D025 - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.

t1410630789z1.png

KarmaCow

Is there anything wrong with getting a copy of Revelations from the grey market? I'm kinda surprised when it's only going for 2.5 keys when the base game is $12.50 and Lost Planet is going for 2 keys when the game is $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom