• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Usually when my credit card gets locked up, I just switch my paying method and the order will go through, even though it's still the same card.

It's that I don't even have a credit card.
I send money from my debit card to my PayPal, and then use that amount to do all purchases.

I'm gonna send them a reply. I didn't respond to the answer I received above since I thought it would be a temporarily error.
But it seems my PayPal account will forever be blocked - which is nuts of course.

Why would they have such an edgy trigger happy system when they
- can't lift the ban
- seemingly can't check my purchase history to check I'm not a frauder

Teppic

I also got the "too many purchases" with PayPal. I switched to google wallet / amazon after that. PayPal also removed the option to pay without creating an account in my country. Haven't bothered with them since then.

Evrain

Advice time (endorsed by Finn the human and Jake the dog) :
Should I get GTA 4 complete from nuveem, enduring its GFWL woes and performance issues (my laptop is powered by a 6770M), or keep chasing a copy of five nights at freddy's, or switch to outlast?
I wouldn't mind option one, but considering rockstar track record with updates I am worried about GFWL.

Asgaro

I also got the "too many purchases" with PayPal. I switched to google wallet / amazon after that. PayPal also removed the option to pay without creating an account in my country. Haven't bothered with them since then.

Interesting to hear others receive this as well.

Seemingly nor Google Wallet nor Amazon Pay is provided as an option here...

When I click on the credit card option it sends me to a system powered by Stripe ( https://stripe.com/checkout ) and that - of course - requires a credit card.

---
I just sent back a reply asking for them to check my purchase history and lifting the unfair ban.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So, basically capcom locked all of their games because of this sale. Yeah not giving any of my keys/money to them anymore. Why so greedy capcom, why?

I guess they just want ALL of the money and wouldn't be satisfied with just SOME of the money ... and in the process they'll get NONE of the money (none of my money, at least)

Leg-End

If I already own the vanilla Skyrim and wanted to get the Legendary version does that come as a seperate install? Or do I just get the DLC added to my vanilla?

EDIT, found the answer, I should search better.

Thanks to the recent Humble Bundle, I have played Gone Home. It's very well done - it tells a story in a way that only video games can, and it's telling a legitimately good story, too. The closest comparison I can think of would be To the Moon, but with a much more immersive and organic method for delivering the story.

Also, thanks to Destiny's error codes, I now know how to score games. It's an Adventurous title, so I'll give it
cat
/10.

The bottom line? Believe the praise surrounding Gone Home, then buy it and enjoy it.

Evrain

I guess they just want ALL of the money and wouldn't be satisfied with just SOME of the money ... and in the process they'll get NONE of the money (none of my money, at least)
So there are chances they might unlock the games post sale? (let me guess: no chance in hell)

derExperte

Just died about 50 times (not that exaggerated) trying to get one collectible in Deadfall Adventures. My fault I didn't give up long ago but it's actually fascinating, I haven't seen such a pile of unbelievably putrid design decisions since... since... it's bad folks and I liked the beginning I played during the free weekend. Maybe should've written down ever fuckup along the way (I especially like your comapions repeating the same hint-phrases every few seconds until you solve a puzzle or that one time I had to shoot a very long rope but it only worked at one specific spot for no apparent reason) but this part here is the worst yet*. Also enemy ai is shit, they just stand around in the open mostly, four of them just spawned out of thin air in front of me, shooting feels like shit, puzzles are so-so, dialog is rotten, surroundings look nice but the leveldesign is full of 'what, why?' and of course some of the checkpoint placements are horrendous.

*For reference there are some debris randomly and independently from another sinking and rising in a small lake you have to jump across but there's absolutely not pattern to it and you must make it two times while the ledge where the collectible lies is so narrow and the collission detection so abysmal that it's easy to fall off of everything. Still haven't made it btw. And never will, f' this.

Sharkiller

Anyone ever received this error after trying to purchase something on the Humble Bundle Store?

[img*]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2648/humbleerror.PNG[/img]

This first occured to me 3 days ago. (Sept 10th)

I bought Shadowrun Returns for myself. But I also wanted to buy it as a gift.
Humble Bundle store capabilities is so barebones you have to do this in 2 separate purchases.

The first purchase for own use worked perfectly.
The second purchase always throws me this error.

What I tried afterwards:
- waited a bit
- cleared all humblebundle.com cookies
- tried the next day

Since I still kept getting it, I contacted support and this is the response:

[img*]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2648/humblesupport.PNG[/img]

Because their store system can't handle the same game twice, I look like I'm frauding lmao.
(Luckily I could still purchase the new Humble Bundle. It seems those are separate systems.)

Sadly I am unable to lift the fraud protection, but we are looking into improvements in the future.
Wat is dis?

I suggest you try back later with a different payment processor and the order may be able to go through.
The only other option is by credit card and I don't have that nor do I need it.

So the guy didn't even provide to help, even though the error message - and the e-mail I receive after a failed purchase - state: "Please contact us and we can help you make your purchase!"

[img*]https://i.imgur.com/2oBmP5E.gif[/img]
happened to me once after cancel 2 or 3 times the purchase. (used this to know how much bitcoins for the bundle). the support give me the exact same copy paste.

you can only reset that block by beating the average.

You would think they would take a step back and ask why this is happening, and try adjusting their prices to discourage trading. Locking is just going to mean no extra money is going to them as opposed to the $6 Johnny Steam bought with mommy's card.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You would think they would take a step back and ask why this is happening, and try adjusting their prices to discourage trading. Locking is just going to mean no extra money is going to them as opposed to the $6 Johnny Steam bought with mommy's card.

yeah ... especially stuff like Dead Rising 2 (I know, I know - GFWL patch, not a lot of people care about that anyway) or DMC3/4 ... it's not like they're losing MILLIONS on those (old as hell) games with 5% of the people buying them from traders ... so - dafuq?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are there ways to optimize 3?

Not really. Mods will fix most of the bad-port-job but it isn't a great port.

Still for them bundled together it isn't that bad.
---

I love you, Devolver, but giving me coupons for two games I already own is "Uh...?"

Unless this -50% off Payday 2 can apply to the DLC as well...

wilflare

wondering if I should pick up the following two games from lierzyou
(1) Skyrim Legendary - missing the DLC
(2) Borderlands 2 GOTY - got it on Vita.. would love to play it on the PC for once

but hmmm

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Memories Of A Vagabond -- MB-37A8E025CA996F72 - Taken by Scipius
Truffle Saga -- MB-4421DBF813EEE4A3 - Taken by anastef
xheRJRF.gif
RIPD The Game #2 -- MB-A08431B2D08D5039 - Taken by Kuroyume
Cold War -- MB-E2CBC8FC6808DBF6 - Taken by Eanan
xheRJRF.gif
RIPD The Game -- MB-B9B7BF14E46121C1 - Taken by Intheflorsh
Eschalon Book 2 -- MB-9380EBEF9D708AFA
Eschalon Book 1 -- MB-2DE653AEA5C3F12F - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold -- MB-D9E3E60445C93276
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-FFE690402879393F - Taken by Evrain
Racer 8 -- MB-832532F33D7F8AB1 - Taken by prudislav
Lilly Looking Through #2 -- MB-C5CC4BA8CD0BD215 - Taken by derExperte
Shiny The Firefly #2 -- MB-9537E1CBD4A5E928 - Taken by Benedict
Fester Mudd #2 -- MB-355814A7CFF25F57
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-91B2C1E5A906BB02 - Taken by redlacs
Pixel Puzzles Japan -- MB-873F46F16613BFA5 - Taken by Sendou
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded -- MB-50E33F096574F3DB - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Us and Them -- MB-C1ECB3EF6E4D9F63 - Taken by Catshade
Lifeless Planet -- MB-D2DE7D513B3C538B - Taken by PunishedSnake

indiegala links

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Knurek, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-3BFE95D229C4D964 - Taken by Uzzy. 8 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-50EFE1C4E1D20E2B - Taken by Supaidaman. 7 entrants total.
Savant: Ascent -- MB-C09BBB51732D230A - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-EF7EDAC826942B5D - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-A10F30DCD84015EA - Taken by Remij. 3 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-4B7D3AEE5A28E6FF - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-1B1C1EC076A8463A - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1410613328z1.png

Tizoc

So, basically capcom locked all of their games because of this sale. Yeah not giving any of my keys/money to them anymore. Why so greedy capcom, why?

How much do the games you want go for in your region? I want RE4 which is going for $10, but the traders I spoke with want it for 3 TF2 Keys+1 ToD key, which to me comes at around $7.
This fellow is offering for 3 TF2 Keys ($6)
http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/ipkie/h-resident-evil-4-biohazard-4-w-3-keys-dota2tf2csgo
So I'll prob. get it off of him in my case.

Ozium

Online PVP coming to Abyss Odyssey in the next update.. (along with the usual mask shattering stuff..)

-Online PvP: We're including online support for the versus mode so players can finally challenge other players from all around the world. The developments also contemplate expanding the existing roster.

-Net code improvements: To ensure the PvP experience is at its best we're also improving the net code, so online support for the main campaign will also display important enhancements.

-Refined gameplay mechanics: We're still not done improving the gameplay based on your feedback! We've changed the turning mechanics so the movement feels much more natural and allows for better navigation. This is one of the changes that was requested the most by the community.

this heralds the coming of nito, surely

liezryou

How much do the games you want go for in your region? I want RE4 which is going for $10, but the traders I spoke with want it for 3 TF2 Keys+1 ToD key, which to me comes at around $7.
This fellow is offering for 3 TF2 Keys ($6)
http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/ipkie/h-resident-evil-4-biohazard-4-w-3-keys-dota2tf2csgo
So I'll prob. get it off of him in my case.

That's cause it's 60c cheaper in ukraine than in russia. Man i really hate you capcom for region locking everything during this sale.

But I'll be damned if I don't buy myself RE4, curse you capcom...

Vuze

I just destroyed 30/30 speakers on DR3, no achievement. So I presume there's a issue related to achievements too.

DMC4 is a great port, it runs smoothly, 360 pad supported.

I don't think there's an achievement for destroying the speakers at all. It's just a PP trial.

Tizoc

That's cause it's 60c cheaper in ukraine than in russia. Man i really hate you capcom for region locking everything during this sale.

But I'll be damned if I don't buy myself RE4, curse you capcom...

Eh Styx is region locked, but I've resolved myself to drop 24 of my 'hard earned' Idle Master Dollars on it, but you don't see me raging on the dev.
If you don't mind me asking, what games did you want to get and how much do they cost in your region?

oipic

Speaking of DR3, I haven't met a single Psycho since the ch.0 Chinese guy, and I'm in ch.3.

Likewise - I'm nearing the end of chapter 3. Hadn't realised that until you mentioned it!

It's normal. When you receive a phone call and a red marker appears on your map, that is a psycho fight.

Ah, I see - I thought I'd answered all phone calls and completed all side missions and whatever else, but perhaps I missed something... this game has a lot going on, or so it seems to me.

Milamber

Ah, I see - I thought I'd answered all phone calls and completed all side missions and whatever else, but perhaps I missed something... this game has a lot going on, or so it seems to me.

Totally, I don't even know anything about the food crafting system yet.

Grief.exe

And how about 3?

Are there ways to optimize 3?

Dmc3 port is decent once you install all the mods to clean up the issues.

Most notably the widescreen and xinput mods to get controller support working. Apparently, there is an issue with certain graphics cards, but I never ran into that.

I was playing at 1440p/60, the only thing I really needed was a mod to change the onscreen button inputs.

Turfster

Of course I went to bed 15 minutes before Dupy started doing giveaways.
I hope things are okay and the craziness of the move and stuff has died down, Dupy.
(Also hope you have another job lined up, or are a millionaire now ;)

I just finished Gone Home, I don't understand all the praise.

Were you a teenager in the west in the 90s?
That usually plays a big factor in why people like it or not.

Star Wars Steamplay Pack at Newegg for 12.5$
(KOTOR, Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, The Force Unleashed)

I played a bit of Day One Garrys Incident now which I won here through a nice NeoGAFfer (IIRC it was Rhaknar) and...

... I never thought its that bad. Seriously. The pacing feels way off, the gameplay feels like a broken mess and you can even kill NPCs that you need to complete a mission...

Were you a teenager in the west in the 90s?
That usually plays a big factor in why people like it or not.

I was one. I still didnt really like it. I liked Dear Esther, another "walking simulator", but I couldnt quite get the praise for Gone Home.

Turfster

I was one. I still didnt really like it. I liked Dear Esther, another "walking simulator", but I couldnt quite get the praise for Gone Home.

Huh.
I despised Dear Esther for its stupid walking speed and rather insipid writing and "story"-telling on par with a "modern art" high school play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Disney, I reinstalled Lego Indy yesterday and saw this:

Announcement - Valve 18 Sep, 2012
Today's Deal: Save 50% off LEGO® Indiana Jones™: The Original Adventures and LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2: The Adventure Continues!

NNbPVWo.jpg

It's bizarre, really. Evidently there's a skeleton crew that oversees LA's existing distribution reach, but it's always the same handful of titles that are discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom