• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the Capcom sale thread, but I want to post it here too so I can get more answers:

Is RE4 HD a more demanding game than RE6? I want to get it, but I can only run RE6 at 30fps and I'm worried that RE4 will run even worse. That System Requirements Lab site says my video card can't handle it even though I do pass the minimum requirements for RE6.

RE4HD is a more demanding game, for some reason. I played it at launch when I had a shitty card (Radeon HD6570) and I couldn't get 60FPS, also cutscenes were full of slowdowns. I think they fixed that but I'm not sure.

It wouldn't be very hard to find anymore, if you posted the installer that worked for you. :p

That's too much effort. But I will say that it was GFWL 3.5.89.0, or at least that's what the .exe is reporting.

For comparison, Wikipedia indicates that the final version of GFWL is 3.5.95.0. (Unfortunately, I don't have my Dark Souls install right now so I'm not sure which version of GFWL is in there.)

Divius

I should reinstall Speedrunners to see if it has been fixed for me yet, so I can join in in getting my ass kicked by dunder

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a code for La-Mulana from an old Groupees bundle. I purchased two of them at the time, and I used one for myself. Unfortunately I don't remember which one it was so... if this doesn't work just send me a PM and I'll send you the other code.

This is a great giveaway and you all should hop on it if you don't already have the game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of GaussTek, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (GOG) -- MB-DB7AC144B6D0CEE9 - Taken by astrogamer. 4 entrants total.

t1410634269z1.png

Elija2

RE4HD is a more demanding game, for some reason. I played it at launch when I had a shitty card (Radeon HD6570) and I couldn't get 60FPS, also cutscenes were full of slowdowns. I think they fixed that but I'm not sure.

It'll probably run even worse for me since I have a worse GPU (Radeon HD 8550G). I think I'll pass then.

Shadownet

Banned
I finally got around to updating the list of games my seller has for sale. If any SteamGAF need the link. Pm me.
---------------------------------

So do GAF play a lot of Medieval Warfare? it look fun and it's on sale right now.

Vuze

It's sad that DR3 has a level 50 cap. I now have 44 attribute points to spend after maxing out all my skills and I'm not even done with the DLCs and Nightmare mode :/ Wish they'd atleast have given the remaining points some sort of sense i.e. finish annoying PP trials without doing them etc.

iosefe

There's maybe three games I've put over a hundred hours into. Kingdom hearts 1, SW Battlefront 2, and TF2.

*ediy
Also league, but whatever

Miker

I spent way too much time typing this for the Capcom sale thread, so I'll also put it here:

I bought DmC from this sale, and I quite like what little I've played of it so far - about 76 minutes, according to Steam. That's at least long enough to see how the angel/demon LT/RT modifier controls work.

I've played DMC1/3/4, and I'd rank them DMC3 > 1 > 4 as a complete package. 4's combat engine is obviously godly, but it could've used some actual level design. Not everybody wants to play Bloody Palace all day, regardless of how good the combat is. (And I've also played Ninja Gaiden, Bayo, Viewtiful Joe, Revengeance, and God Hand, if that gives my opinion any more perspective).

Anyway, DmC is really neat. It oozes with style - whether or not you'll like that style is questionable - but the game goes all out in its presentation. It's one of the more cohesive games I've seen from a purely aesthetic standpoint in a while, from art to music to narrative. With all the "lol donte fuk u" talk thrown around, I think the dialogue is fine, and I don't think the game is taking itself seriously when it throws around the cussing.

The controls feel great at 60 fps, but I'm not convinced that a dedicated launcher button and a modifier button is better than the traditional lock-on in DMC1/3/4. The camera is a bit slow to automatically pan around as you fight, and the soft-targeting isn't perfect (Ninja Gaiden, Bayo have better soft-targeting). I do think the LT/RT modifier idea has some merit, and the implementation is slick and satisfying. I don't have access to all the stuff yet, but I think I'd rank the game's combat engine as one of the best in recent years, given how starved the character action genre has been. The color-coded enemies suck, though, and the first boss was meh.

I think it's a great game so far, and a legitimately cool collaboration with a ton of confidence in its presentation. If more East/West projects turned out half as cool as DmC, I'd be on board for more.

It's available for $7 from most traders, and the Vergil DLC is $2.25 from Steam itself. I'd say that if you're interested in it, get it now, because Capcom ain't changing that MSRP any time soon.

Gvaz

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Edge of Space #9 -- MB-7A3E2E58A49ECB75 - Taken by Shadownet
Edge of Space #8 -- MB-919212697768C93E - Taken by hitoshi
Edge of Space #3 -- MB-F056A69734F83423 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #2 -- MB-B44ABD8F9037A92C - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.

Edge of Space #5 -- MB-567C2F2C5A8DC379 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #4 -- MB-6E783E022462C3B9 - Taken by jediyoshi. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #7 -- MB-5FC98B153733E94E - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #6 -- MB-C9336CB86D3519BD - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #20 -- MB-5F94C879B16922B0 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #21 -- MB-59FA62D687DE89FE
Edge of Space #22 -- MB-CE706C7A20DE13D1 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #23 -- MB-50C68E599B7C3E46 - Taken by theMrCravens. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #24 -- MB-A6DF7AAD276702D4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #25 -- MB-CF5B8677F001ED1D - Taken by Hero Prinny. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #26 -- MB-ED6F98C748D41163 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #27 -- MB-D3FD714881E104D2 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #28 -- MB-2AB48A112DBBD6E3 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #29 -- MB-E6285ACCB57910FF - Taken by EmergentFocus. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #14 -- MB-8AA5DB1D1E064833 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #19 -- MB-20E79DA375555C4A - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #18 -- MB-F9438A9AE546FF0E - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #11 -- MB-61D8CDA0B290583C - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #10 -- MB-8C183879D92BE44F - Taken by BernardoOne
Edge of Space #13 -- MB-90AB043443321F35 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #12 -- MB-3BDD6FF306E801AB - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #15 -- MB-8B7649E55031C60C - Taken by Snakethesniper. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space -- MB-F8FD05F3E2C2F2D1 - Taken by Wok. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #17 -- MB-824BE944FA570457 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #16 -- MB-A378A649FB63B2D4 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1410213697z1.png

Please keep in mind:

These are not keys for the actual game. These are 50% off coupons

The developers printed off way too much at PAX Prime 2014 and were going to throw them away, so as a gift from an Enforcer to GAF, I'm giving them away.

Learn more here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/edge-of-space-early-access-review/1100-6418590/

Four left, someone take these four so I can go ahead and dump the lot of what I have left.

Shadownet

Banned
Man cs go is crazy too much going on, why not stick with source? Also how do you do "missions" in go?

You see the missions on your left? Click on one of them and it should say something like "play" then just do it :p

Though it would be better if you play with people you know instead of strangers. Teamwork would be better. What level are you?

You see the missions on your left? Click on one of them and it should say something like "play" then just do it :p

Though it would be better if you play with people you know instead of strangers. Teamwork would be better. What level are you?

I am guessing 1? I just installed I have had since release lol I just heard there were missions, I dont see anything.

abracadaver

It's sad that DR3 has a level 50 cap. I now have 44 attribute points to spend after maxing out all my skills and I'm not even done with the DLCs and Nightmare mode :/ Wish they'd atleast have given the remaining points some sort of sense i.e. finish annoying PP trials without doing them etc.

have you unlocked the combo categories yet?

deadovjfy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom