• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

deadovjfy.jpg

Why would someone partially put points into attributes? Aren't sections all or nothing?

Shadownet

Banned
I am guessing 1? I just installed I have had since release lol I just heard there were missions, I dont see anything.

We can play together later if you like. I can (try) to teach you a few things.

Also you don't get missions without purchasing an Operation Pass. The current operation right now is Operation Breakout which is on sale for $1. You can buy it directly in-game on the main menu screen.

Once you get the operation, play for a bit and you will get a mission drop. Only then can you do a mission. You get about 1 missions drop a week or so.

AHA-Lambda

Is it possible to buy dlc without owning the Base game?

I want to get the evil within season pass but I'm getting the Base game from amazon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks to those who bumped my thread. Hopefully it catches Microsoft's eye.

Dat 1980s nanomachine tech

All that gif does is remind me that there are fewer things finer on this earth than Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow.

Is it possible to buy dlc without owning the Base game?

I want to get the evil within season pass but I'm getting the Base game from amazon.

Sure, you can buy it as a gift and save it for when you own the base game, but this carries the risk of being screwed over by ACRTAG if you bought said DLC through a trader.

Jawmuncher

How? I didn't care what happened to anybody in that episode because you get like 5-10 minutes with each person.

I just liked the ideas the mini episodes offered.
For example the one about the truck I though was amazing.
I want to see more of that. WD1 season 1 for me was pretty by the book zombie fare.

GAF I have a dream. A DREAM!
tumblr_inline_n0gq435sp01qgdj69.gif

He shall come to Steam, and Jase's library will know DESPAIR.

The backgrounds would be at ridiculous prices.
Theres a certain one i would want. Cant say anything though because spoilers.

That moment when you go to buy DLC for a game and you already own it....
When the hell did I buy Virgils Downfall.

We can play together later if you like. I can (try) to teach you a few things.

Also you don't get missions without purchasing an Operation Pass. The current operation right now is Operation Breakout which is on sale for $1. You can buy it directly in-game on the main menu screen.

Once you get the operation, play for a bit and you will get a mission drop. Only then can you do a mission. You get about 1 missions drop a week or so.

Ah cool yea i bought the pass and selected deathmatch now I am getting missions I believe.

JaseC

Chariot

So, just finished Dead Rising 3 after 20 hours. it was mostly fun, but some of the sidequests and the last bits of the game were really annoying. I first loved all this zombies, but since all kinds of quest required me to travel through the whole city i always had to slice me through the horde, because one can't simply just go through the crowd without these annoying QTE's or just being beaten to the ground.

I have yet to play the Untold Story and I will at least try Nightmare Mode.

Really tempted to get south park for $20 but I got destiny and diablo 3 atm, then im also getting smash bros and shadow of mordor as well :/ hmmm... anyone wanna try talking me into it or should I just wait?

Lomax

Really tempted to get south park for $20 but I got destiny and diablo 3 atm, then im also getting smash bros and shadow of mordor as well :/ hmmm... anyone wanna try talking me into it or should I just wait?

You may as well wait, we're just a little over 2 months until the major sales begin and it will certainly be 50% off again then and possibly even more.

JaseC

If you're a fan of the show at all, South Park is more than worth it at $20. The game's short for an RPG, but it's mechanically sound and as far as fan service goes it's perfect. From the very first screen you can immediately tell it's Matt and Trey's baby; the fact it plays well is merely the icing on a scrumptious cake.

I've seen so many people bash TW1 so much because of it's combat system and it makes people not want to play it, which annoys me because it's such a great game.

Yeah, maybe a bit too harsh, but I'm damn tired of reading it.
Replace TW1 with nearly any other game, and combat system with whatever the complaints usually are, and that's me about everything.

Sendou

Bought it at the launch and I have to say I wouldn't recommend it for over 10 bucks unless you absolutely love South Park humor. As a game it is simply not very good.

You may as well wait, we're just a little over 2 months until the major sales begin and it will certainly be 50% off again then and possibly even more.

If you're a fan of the show at all, South Park is more than worth it at $20. The game's short for an RPG, but it's mechanically sound and as far as fan service goes it's perfect. From the very first screen you can immediately tell it's Matt and Trey's baby; the fact it plays well is merely the icing on a scrumptious cake.
Hmmm is the game region locked? If not I think ill wait for the sale and see if I can get it even cheaper from the russians since im assuming its not going to go less than $20 in the US until late next year the earliest

I've seen so many people bash TW1 so much because of it's combat system and it makes people not want to play it, which annoys me because it's such a great game.

Yeah, maybe a bit too harsh, but I'm damn tired of reading it.

There were no claims of objectivity though.

People just spit out whatever they're thinking in the Steam thread. That's how it rolls.

rtcn63

I disliked the combat in the Witcher 2, to the extent where I stopped playing at the act boss. Normal enemies weren't too bad, but I just wasn't having any fun at all. I know I know, "git gud". There was nothing in the game that made want to with the effort seemingly required. I'd rather go read a book.

I disliked the combat in the Witcher 2, to the extent where I stopped playing at the act boss. Normal enemies weren't too bad, but I just wasn't having any fun at all. I know I know, "git gud". There was nothing in the game that made want to with the effort seemingly required. I'd rather go read a book.
Nah I just played it on easy. That combat system was super hard imo. I really liked the game tho, just wish the combat was better explained

JaseC

Hmmm is the game region locked? If not I think ill wait for the sale and see if I can get it even cheaper from the russians since im assuming its not going to go less than $20 in the US until late next year the earliest

The game has a region-locked Eastern European sub and the ROW sub had a list of purchase-restricted countries added to it after about two weeks (so heavily abused was the loophole, in fact, that Valve trade-banned those who'd gifted away copies en masse), but retail keys aren't region-locked (at the activation level) unless you're in AU/DE/HK/SG/TW.

Sajjaja

The combat mod really did make it feel better to play because it made it more responsive.

The game has a region-locked Eastern European sub and the ROW sub had a list of purchase-restricted countries added to it after about two weeks (so heavily abused was the loophole, in fact, that Valve trade-banned those who'd gifted away copies en masse), but retail keys aren't region-locked (at the activation level) unless you're in AU/DE/HK/SG/TW.
... so if I live in the US this isnt an issue, right? Ah fuck it ill just buy it. South park is fucking awesome anyways.

Sajjaja

such conflicting info...peopl swear by it, others dont

From what I've read, most people prefer it.

My first playthrough was with it and I enjoyed it.

I started my second playthrough without it and it was much more difficult for me to kill anything let alone survive.

It's been a long time since we had a CS:GO night. So I set one up. We can start earlier for the European people if they want. Just join whenever, provide if there is room left.

CS:GO Game Night

8 would probably makes things a bit more easier for me, though I'm not sure if I'm ready for comp yet. Haven't touched the game in a while, I might just derp around in the server a bit with any other stragglers. 9 can still work though.

Porcupine

Guys, don't go to the Destiny review thread if you don't want to be banned ;) Everybody is really upset after the hype train exploded into thousand pieces.

Just finished 'Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~'

The plot was a little predictable but the tears shed regardless. It's about 4 hours long on auto, so if you're interested you should probably pick it up while the early discount still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom