• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

So I caved in and bought RE6 just because I played every game in the series. It's not half as bad as expected. But god damn is it bad. What fucks me up most is the weird brightness/gamma situation and the changing menus...who thought that would be great idea.

Turfster

Man, nobody wants these Samaritan Paradox foils.
It's been 3 weeks and one of them still doesn't even have a buy order.

I wasn't and I still liked it.

I just think it's a good story told intelligently and non linearly.

Oh, I agree it's a good story well told, it's just that people that didn't like the story but that experienced the time period sometimes get tipped over into liking it after all when they discover all the really accurate stuff, some of which they'd forgotten about.

Tizoc

Nope, but the others aren't doing so well either. Plus the show's name is Legend of Korra, the center of the show is Korra the Avatar.

Man I want the preorder page.

I like Korra's character >_>;
Need this game's pre-order up too, though most here would be more interested on if it is region locked or not.

Is CoD: Advanced Warfare Region locked by any chance?

MUnited83

For you.
I like Korra's character >_>;
Need this game's pre-order up too, though most here would be more interested on if it is region locked or not.

Is CoD: Advanced Warfare Region locked by any chance?

It's Activision and CoD, what do you think? :p. It's region locked up the wazoo in every way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Silly question, are these Steamworks and Windows compatible?

Yes. Black Ops is literally the one and only Mac game on Steam that isn't SteamPlay, although it is included in CoD's "Definitive Collection" and "Black Ops Franchise" bundles.

Tizoc

EA must be loving the KoA money they get from the sale and yet they refuse to release their newest titles on Steam.

#EALOGIC

I am waiting for Garden Warfare to hit $10 come the Winter Sale.

BTW does the game have local co-op like 2 players can play together split-screen like?

Sajjaja

Isn't specifically the Steam version self published? That's why EA could discount Origin redeemed copies all they wanted

Developer: Big Huge Games , 38 Studios
Publisher: 38 Studios, Electronic Arts

Seems like 38 Studios is the one publishing on Steam if not EA.

I just finished reading the Kinetic Visual Novel Shan Gui. It was a nice little story and I have to say that the VAs were quite good. Dont understand how one review says they are bad, but I think both of them fit their roles.

Maybe for 4,99$ its a bit too high for about 40 minutes of reading, but I think the art and music was quite good and the story was, even though quite normal, not that bad.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of DR3, I haven't met a single Psycho since the ch.0 Chinese guy, and I'm in ch.3.

Yeah they're a bit thin on the ground this time. There's 7 who are representing the 7 deadly sins and I think there's at least one more tied to the story but I'm only on the end of chapter 5 and I've faced 6 of them already (one was tied to a story event the other 5 were side missions). Though their lack in numbers is more than made up for in their cookiness (if that is even a word).

JaseC

Isn't specifically the Steam version self published? That's why EA could discount Origin redeemed copies all they wanted

EA being shown as co-publisher is merely a formality as the state of Rhode Island has bigger things to worry about than game distribution. EA doesn't actually see additional revenue; it's just listed as co-publisher because this way all of EA's Steam Partners accounts are granted access to the app. Previously, the matter of the game's Steam listing was overseen by the lawyer overseeing the case, which is why Cheers Tony had such a hard time getting Steam keys and also why the game went on sale once between the closure of 38 Studios and EA taking the reins.

TL;DR: Good Guy EA... presumably because it can buy the IP on the cheap once 38 Studios' debt to the state has been paid.

DontBlink

Yes. Black Ops is literally the one and only Mac game on Steam that isn't SteamPlay, although it is included in CoD's "Definitive Collection" and "Black Ops Franchise" bundles.

Awesome, thanks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontBlink, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-BCE230F89840323E - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 26 entrants total.

t1410629829z1.png

Dr Dogg

Previously, the matter of the game's Steam listing was overseen by the lawyer overseeing the case, which is why Cheers Tony had such a hard time getting Steam keys and also why the game went on sale once between the closure of 38 Studios and EA taking the reins..

I paid full price in panic thinking it was going to up and disappear. Played a couple of hours, didn't have a clue what was going on, uninstalled it and only returned when I was testing out 21:9 resolutions. I regret nothing *sob*.

JaseC

I pay full price in panic it was going to up and disappear. Played a couple of hour, didn't have a clue what was going on, uninstalled it and only returned when I was testing out 21:9 resolutions. I regret nothing *sob*.

Better safe than sorry! I bought the DLC at full price during the Summer Sale of 2012 because of the distinct possibility of the game being pulled. And so began my desire to buy everything.

Anyone, anytime, 1 free random game if you win an official map, 1vs1, 1vs2, 1vs3, i dont care, no mercy!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

I'm gonna show you one thing and another! :p

Challengers:
- iosefe
- BernardoOne

Gonna race iosefe BernardoOne any minute, feel free to shoot me a message if you wanna join in.
Will Stream obviously.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Wait what?
Oh dude, it's ON!
Anyone, anytime, 1 free random game if you win an official map, 1vs1, 1vs2, 1vs3, i dont care, no mercy!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

it's gonna be a massacre O_O

Dr Dogg

Well I'm surprised people outside this and the GOG thread do actually know how to use ModBot now. Also seem the EU version of Smash is better than what Salsa is playing as it's a whole 385 blocks bigger or in real talk 385 MegaMan's more!

Also this Speedrunners smack talk is only going to end in Dunder destroying the lot of you. I'm half imagining Dunder as Vasquez out of Aliens now "Anytime, anywhere man!"

iosefe

Wait what?
Oh dude, it's ON!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

Dude no, I'm not home yet. Not sure when I will be though

Grief.exe

I can't decide whether I'm playing Grimrock, Divinity: OS, or Bulletstorm right now. I keep playing one for a bit, then transitioning to the other.

me0wish

Wait what?
Oh dude, it's ON!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

Challengers:
- iosefe
- BernardoOne

Wish I could play with you guys, always fun to lose againt you xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom