• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
EA has one of the more successful F2P MMOs in TOR. Surprising as that may be, EA will be motivated to keep Origin separate for that reason alone.

I haven't checked in months but last time I played, TOR operated with a completely different client and account system independent from Origin.

Grief.exe

I haven't checked in months but last time I played, TOR operated with a completely different client and account system independent from Origin.

Argument being, all of that money still flows into EA's coffers. If TOR was released on Steam, their profit margins would decrease.

AHA-Lambda

Just finished Typing of the Dead's main campaign, it was the most "motherfucking" crazy shit I've ever played, lol

Very fun game but I suck at it. I really should improve my typing skills.

Regarding the final boss, at first I was being destroyed but then I noticed that typing anything would also shoot so it ended up being the easiest boss.

I didn't realise there was any technique, i just mashed my keyboard =/

KarmaCow

Its weird how they still haven't come back to steam. I can't see using the Uplay route would affect them that much.

How do Ubisoft games handle DLC/microtransactions? I thought the reason EA uses Origin now is because they don't want to be forced to use Steam for the microtransactions and hand over whatever cut. ME3, PvZ, and DA:I all use the lottery model which seems to make a lot of money for them.

tmarg

Dragon Age Origins had the Ultimate Edition. Isn't that kind of a Complete Edition?

DA:O also came out in 2009. Since then, EA has made a massive push towards DLC and IAP making up a larger portion of their revenue. It lets them have the illusion of matching the huge sales other publishers put on, while keeping the total cost of their games relatively high.

Lomax

Dragon Age Origins had the Ultimate Edition. Isn't that kind of a Complete Edition?

That's the last time any Bioware game had a complete edition and is also the last game they made (at least in part) before being acquired by EA. Heck, Mass Effect 2 was in a random IndieGala bundle of all things but still doesn't have a complete edition available.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nbr7xgQdWx1siokcro1_250.gif

Off-topic, but this baby is adorable. What's the context?

Uzzy

There's actually a lot of pre-order and limited edition DLC stuff on the Bioware website that's not included in the UE, it's all free but it's like 15-20 items.

Darn, you're right. According to the wiki though, you can get all those items by just having a Bioware forum account, so that's not too bad.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just finished Wolf Among Us in a weekend. What an amazing game.

AsfaeksBR

Off-topic, but this baby is adorable. What's the context?

That's Thiago Messi, Lionel Messi's son. I just put it here because he's making a sad face, the same face I did when I heard Fade is in D: Inquisition.
____

F.E.A.R. is scary. Like, really scary!
The ambient, the sounds, the random visions, the crows... It's giving me goosebumps!

L.O.R.D

welp

game no 200 is Receiver , Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut , deus ex was number 201

Receiver was free and got Deus Ex for 1.5 key

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Got some free game called receiver from the humble bundle store. No idea what it is.

But now I have an extra somehow. I guess I'll wait to give it away until tomorrow since you can currently get it for free.

Turfster

Got some free game called receiver from the humble bundle store. No idea what it is.

But now I have an extra somehow. I guess I'll wait to give it away until tomorrow since you can currently get it for free.

Don't they all have to be redeemed before tomorrow?

Also, I guess Sniper Elite 3 will be the midweek.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
It's this time of the year again

iw9EDkhOon7NI.PNG

1000 games in ~10 month, not bad :)

It was my plan to add Desert Gunner as game number 2000 (it's already sitting in my inventory, have to keep the abysmal game theme), but a good friend insisted to buy me game number 2000 so now I have no clue what it will be :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-4CE5FFFAA798507D - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-0557393B4AE65372 - Taken by Kagemusha. 11 entrants total.
Steel and Steam Episode 1 -- MB-B704D1C9B822134E - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-3609B802B6EF76C9 - Taken by danhese007. 3 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-1EC11739A573CCD8 - Taken by fenners. 11 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-D75B76FDA36B1E9D
Motte Island -- MB-CA338750FD69A884 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-558F9D7F11CF9954 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Warlock Master of the Arcane was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1410824536z1.png

Why is the newest Devil May Cry trying to appeal to an audience of male teenagers when really it should try to appeal to nerds in their late 20s like me who've played the predecessors?

I can't stand the supposed hipness of the protagonist. This is terrible and now I feel old. Thanks a lot ninja theory! Also, Alex Garland has worked on the story? Has he gone mentally insane sometime after releasing Sunshine?

I guess I'll slowly make the transition to Paradox games now...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The ambient, the sounds, the random visions, the crows... It's giving me goosebumps!
I'd love to see your face when you reach the
ladder scene
. Don't read the spoiler unless you've finished the game, I don't want to ruin it for you!

Turfster

ladder scene
. Don't read the spoiler unless you've finished the game, I don't want to ruin it for you!

The worst bit is when I was replaying it yesterday,
I kept thinking: Is it this one? This one? Maybe this one?

iosefe

It's this time of the year again

1000 games in ~10 month, not bad :)

It was my plan to add Desert Gunner as game number 2000 (it's already sitting in my inventory, have to keep the abysmal game theme), but a good friend insisted to buy me game number 2000 so now I have no clue what it will be :p

not enough Marlow

Turfster

Fucking hell codblops2 is the worst AAA game release ever or something.
"Yeah, I'm running and using 25% of your CPU, but I'm not actually doing ANYTHING. Good luck finding any help with this either."

Deitus

Why is the newest Devil May Cry trying to appeal to an audience of male teenagers when really it should try to appeal to nerds in their late 20s like me who've played the predecessors?

I can't stand the supposed hipness of the protagonist. This is terrible and now I feel old. Thanks a lot ninja theory! Also, Alex Garland has worked on the story? Has he gone mentally insane sometime after releasing Sunshine?

Because Capcpom got greedy. They looked at their sales figures of DMC4 (which were quite good) and said "But what if we could appeal to a wider audience? We could sell 5 million copies". Then they forgot that it's actually quite hard to appeal to both casual and hardcore audiences at the same time, and they were left with a Frankenstein of a game that didn't quite appeal to either group.

It's an alright game (when not compared to the rest of the series), but it utterly failed to attract the wider audience they were aiming for, so it was ultimately pointless.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awesome, Reciever was on my wish list as one of those "this looks neat but I don't know if it's actually worth playing" games, now I get to see I reloading a gun step by step is as fun as it seems!

AsfaeksBR

ladder scene

By the pace I'm playing it, so I can keep my heart at normal rate, It will take me a few weeks until I finish it

I "finished" Depth Hunter 2 a few days ago. I have to say it feels more like a demo than a full game.

The 3 maps are pretty small and besides "shooting" fish and finding treasures you dont do much. I mean you can see that this game has potential, but right now it really feels more like an Early Access Game.
The devs are updating it pretty often and it seems it got some new missions today, but hope if they make a successor, they would implement a more challenging gameplay and more memorable locations.

KarmaCow

Anyone else try Minimum? I picked it up for a key since it's on sale for its out of Early Access sale but the game still feels pretty incomplete. Some of that I know for sure because of the coming soon comments in the description fields but there are other parts that might be locked away as I level up. The game seems pretty grindy from the little I played, but I felt the same way about Loudout and PvZ:GW but I've heard other people say those liberally hand out the unlocks.

The game itself isn't quite as minimalist as the name implies, it just looks blocky or something out of a whitebox test. The Titan mode is pretty fun though, it's the typical MOBA-like mode with creeps and cores to protect but they've split it into two distinct phases. The first phase has the Titans from each team lumbering toward the enemy base, fighting each other when they meet. Once they die, and they will die the first time, it switches to creep phase where each team has to kill the neutral creeps to both boost themselves and the Titan when it respawns for the next phase. Since Titans are the only ones who can destroy the core, it becomes a scramble to control the creep spawning area as soon the Titans die. The individual boosting is only an in-match leveling system for armour that persists through death and for weapons that don't. The weapon level can change a weapon from a standard assault rifle to one that does a wide spread shot. Though that seems to be the most dramatic weapon change, which leads back into the game feeling unfinished.

I kinda feel like it was a mistake picking up another multiplayer game right now but I'll probably continue playing it for a while.

denx

Honestly I didn't find FEAR too scary aside from a couple of moments. Atmospheric? Yes, absolutely. Scary? Not really. FEAR is an action game first, survival horror a very distant second.

Btw, has anyone here tried The Collider? Looks interesting.

I couldn't resist the Shmups bundle, and I got an extra Crimzon Clover key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition -- MB-E8EDEE51DDBFE9BB - Taken by cardinalmind. 39 entrants total.

t1410826876z1.png

Enjoy!

Mono

I guess I'll slowly make the transition to Paradox games now...

That game is so bad! :(

I installed it on my PS3 because I got it for free with PS+, and I uninstalled it halfway through the intro because the writing was so bad. Not cheesy-funny bad like the older DMC games, either!

Turfster

Okay, fuck it.
I've futzed around with this thing for half an hour now and it still does fuck all.
Fuck you blops2, fuck you Activision, you should be ashamed of yourself, releasing such a broken ass lazy port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom