• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

With all the hype around rebirth i finally gave the binding of isaac a try. addictive to say the least.

I recommend you just wait at this point. Rebirth is essentially a sequel with the original game worked in as well. Beyond that it also improves performance tremendously.

AsfaeksBR

Ok, i'm about half of Interval 3 on F.E.A.R., and this Interval have a lot of ladders.
This is kind of disturbing me a little, because climbing ladders isn't the same for me since that scene in Half-Life 2: Episode 2
where the Vortigaunt putz his head to see you when you're almost t the top. That thing made me hold S and press Space, and I fell a loooooong way down.
And since this is a creepy game, I have a feeling this is going to happen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, i'm about half of Interval 3 on F.E.A.R., and this Interval have a lot of ladders.
This is kind of disturbing me a little, because climbing ladders isn't the same for me since that scene in Half-Life 2: Episode 2
where the Vortigaunt putz his head to see you when you're almost t the top. That thing made me hold S and press Space, and I fell a loooooong way down.
And since this is a creepy game, I have a feeling this is going to happen.
Oh no, don't worry. That part I was talking about doesn't come in at least a few intervals more, I think. I may be mistaken though, been a while since I last played it :p

Anyway, hope you are enjoying it!

Hi all, been lurking gaf for over a year, finally signed up. just saying hello. i own too many steam games, but have only played a handful (vita is more suited to my gaming time, even if i love many a pc game). Right now I'm devouring Desktop Dungeons (played the alpha ages ago), and also enjoyed greats like Grimrock (w/graph paper), space chem, FTL. I have about a hundred or so games I really want to play (roguelikes, dungeon crawlers, tower defense, card battle, and tactics games top my lists) when time allows.

I've been trying to get back into pc gaming some, since Wasteland 2 is coming soon and there's a ton of other games I want to play thanks to the oldschool resurgence.

Anyway. Hi.

If you were a sequel, I'd describe you as my "spiritual successor."

Chariot

There are as many modbots as there needs to be.
I thought it would be like the Christmas Story were Ebenezer Stump hates gifting and threw coal in the steam sale until the three Modbots of Christmas appeared. The Modbot of Steam's past, Steam's present and Steam's distant future. After that he was filled with the joy of Steam and gifting and rebuild the Modbots to bring joy to everyone.
When ModBot3 visits you, you don't see games, only your own lonely death.

Khronico

Finished the first chapter of the Leon campaign. Besides the idiotic side characters I'm into it so far. Playing with kbm is excellent for precise aiming but trying to do complex maneuvers is like playing twister with your fingers. I'll probably hook up my ps3 controller before soldiering on. Also it REALLY bugs me you aren't paused while in menus. I ended up accidently switching camera sides during the gun store battle and died trying to fumble through menus to see what button I pressed. Really frustrating.

i will post this again in case someone that wants to help me appears , Typing of the dead overkill is on sale in the humble store today ( $5 ) but i only have steam money atm , would anyone like to trade it for something that is worth $5 on steam??

plz

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam & 1 Desura key. (From Indie Gala leftovers) To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Prelogate -- MB-AA848DA55D8425B5 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hero Siege -- MB-FA34DA96573F7792 - Taken by Kifimbo

Miker

Finished the first chapter of the Leon campaign. Besides the idiotic side characters I'm into it so far. Playing with kbm is excellent for precise aiming but trying to do complex maneuvers is like playing twister with your fingers. I'll probably hook up my ps3 controller before soldiering on. Also it REALLY bugs me you aren't paused while in menus. I ended up accidently switching camera sides during the gun store battle and died trying to fumble through menus to see what button I pressed. Really frustrating.

If you want to keep on playing w/ m + kb, here's what I recommend for RE6:

Shift for dodge forwards
Q for dodge to left
E for dodge to right
X for dodge backwards
Tab for heal
Z (or whatever) for inventory
Rebind displaced keys as needed

And I think the pause button on your kb pauses the game, but doesn't let you access the menu - the game just says PAUSE on a dimmed screen, which is absurdly stupid.

well I just finished the walking dead season 2... boy, that was hard...
SEASON 2 SPOILERS:

Man, I liked kenny more than jane but kenny was losing it, he was broken so I had to go with Jane. I also let the family stay with us as well. I saw a youtube video of the other endings and I feel like shit for choosing jane over kenny. :( Kenny was broken sure, he even knew that, but he wanted to make sure the baby and clem were safe and I turned my back on him... I don't feel like playing any story driven games for a while, I feel shitty now.

SEASON 2 SPOILERS:

Man, I liked kenny more than jane but kenny was losing it, he was broken so I had to go with Jane. I also let the family stay with us as well. I saw a youtube video of the other endings and I feel like shit for choosing jane over kenny. :( Kenny was broken sure, he even knew that, but he wanted to make sure the baby and clem were safe and I turned my back on him... I don't feel like playing any story driven games for a while, I feel shitty now.

Yeah it's a real tough ending to go through. There's a Spoiler Thread for TWD Season 2 if you want to discuss it without the black bars.

I don't know how TellTale does it, but those games get me more emotionally invested than almost any other series. It's something else.

FauX

If someone missed Humble Bundle Free Game

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warlock: Master of the Arcane! -- MB-6D9CEF4267EBA699 - Taken by fallout

denx

SEASON 2 SPOILERS:

I really liked Kenny, but by that point he was a danger to everyone around him, so I shot him. I was ready to go with Jane until I learned about the stupid stunt she pulled with the baby. At that point I said "fuck all this" and left her by the side of the road and went alone. Really depressing ending, but I don't regret my choices so I'm content with it.

Telltale will have their work cut out for them for Season 3 with all the different endings.

autoduelist

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome! Have you chosen a side yet? Team Pigeon, Team Alpaca, and Team Russian Bear are your choices. Send in your application by the end of the week please.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means.

Question since i'm here... my laptop is on it's way out, and so I'll be switching to a new machine soon -- most likely I'll have to ship this one out first. I don't mind re-installing Steam games as I go, but I have a lot of non-Steam games in my library (nethack, etc). I've tried googling for a solution to no avail... is there an easy way to move the non-steam games? Or will I need to dig around to find the installers, install on new machine, and then add to Steam on new machine (ugh).

Grief.exe

I know those have been number 1. Maybe I should have worded it as "It's always good to see a Namco..."

I'm just excited for some Tekken down the road... hopefully.

I was just messing with you!

Xenosaga HD discussion going around a bit lately, that would be a good pick up!

rtcn63

Xenosaga HD, exclusive to the newly announced Wii HD. It's Wii, but not a Wii U, just a Wii. With HD. That's High Definition, for you recent Fire Phone buyers. It has Monster Hunter-something and Wii Sports just go with it.

I really liked Kenny, but by that point he was a danger to everyone around him, so I shot him. I was ready to go with Jane until I learned about the stupid stunt she pulled with the baby. At that point I said "fuck all this" and left her by the side of the road and went alone. Really depressing ending, but I don't regret my choices so I'm content with it..

Telltale will have their work cut out for them for Season 3 with all the different endings.
They'll probably just write a catastrophic event for an intro to Season 3, then fast-forward into a time skip to reset the situation. It's Telltale after all, they like their easy ways out.

WARNING WARNING
iLpxXR5.gif
INCOMING BUNDLE LEFTOVERS ALERT
iLpxXR5.gif
WARNING WARNING

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 10 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CrunchyFrog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-2A7CF2AE26808349 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-D0F004E43F0A39AB - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-1C3FFD718F8D789E - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest (GOG) -- MB-877FA79E5FB4157C - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-173BA9867CCB3378 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-26F234E9F08134FD - Taken by deejay. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-4655141536AE58B0 - Taken by neoism. 3 entrants total.
Race the Sun (Flippify) -- MB-C627CB652378F8AC - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-A01C4F9AB5F83954 - Taken by kurahador. 6 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-1268D6B7D0396851 - Taken by Blak_Status. 19 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-DC4730E076E9766D
Medal of Honor -- MB-FCC5949AC7675BA3 - Taken by Stuggernaut. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-A5C9590DC0D8AAC4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-9CF799528958E36C - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-0A90DD774CD42046 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-B441D78A26D50DAF
Planet Stronghold DLC -- MB-DF4889B265F418B2 - Taken by dinopoke. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-351CA382D3388629 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1410838757z1.png

EDIT: Damn you mod bot I had the whole list in nice and neat alphabetical order when I submitted and you borked it up. Worthless piece of scrap metal, you'd be better off as a can opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom