• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Come one, come all~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny Brains -- MB-59572C5D3EBA0529 - Taken by derExperte. 8 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-A0C3EFFFDDE0B2C0
planetarian -- MB-61C7C72F6F295C39 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 23 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-79E7682BFEF94C10 - Taken by Tecl0n. 39 entrants total.
Steel and Steam Episode 1 -- MB-16E74B875D65BF13

t1410827056z1.png

Grief.exe

Why is the newest Devil May Cry trying to appeal to an audience of male teenagers when really it should try to appeal to nerds in their late 20s like me who've played the predecessors?

I can't stand the supposed hipness of the protagonist. This is terrible and now I feel old. Thanks a lot ninja theory! Also, Alex Garland has worked on the story? Has he gone mentally insane sometime after releasing Sunshine?

I guess I'll slowly make the transition to Paradox games now...

That game is so bad! :(

I installed it on my PS3 because I got it for free with PS+, and I uninstalled it halfway through the intro because the writing was so bad. Not cheesy-funny bad like the older DMC games, either!

To be honest, that side of his personality fades fairly quickly past the first chapter. Some of it is still there throughout the game, but he moves right into his new role.

I'm not saying DMC is a well written game by any stretch of the imagination, but past games in the series weren't well regarded for their stories either.

Tizoc

To be honest, that side of his personality fades fairly quickly past the first chapter. Some of it is still there throughout the game, but he moves right into his new role.

I'm not saying DMC is a well written game by any stretch of the imagination, but past games in the series weren't well regarded for their stories either.

To add 2013 Dante goes through character development. First he is the rebel but then grows to care about the people around him and finds purpose in the powers he has after seeing just how bad the demons were running the world from behind the shadows.

rickyson1

accidentally ordered 3 of the $1 humble bundle tier instead of 1 because the site was messing up on me and am too lazy to dispute it

enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Witch's Yarn -- MB-0A49390546A64503 - Taken by swx
Syder Arcade #2 -- MB-84B879FA32C69AFE - Taken by rainking187
Really Big Sky -- MB-17BE4BC7E859B89B - Taken by Cody_D165
Syder Arcade -- MB-ED92B270C86AB580 - Taken by nja
Really Big Sky #2 -- MB-2D354334FF6656BF

Anteater

dante was purposely written as a meat head but with room for development through out the game, the plot is still horrible but dante's character isn't actually bad in comparison to everything else. Vergil's character fucking suck though.

autoduelist

Hi all, been lurking gaf for over a year, finally signed up. just saying hello. i own too many steam games, but have only played a handful (vita is more suited to my gaming time, even if i love many a pc game). Right now I'm devouring Desktop Dungeons (played the alpha ages ago), and also enjoyed greats like Grimrock (w/graph paper), space chem, FTL. I have about a hundred or so games I really want to play (roguelikes, dungeon crawlers, tower defense, card battle, and tactics games top my lists) when time allows.

I've been trying to get back into pc gaming some, since Wasteland 2 is coming soon and there's a ton of other games I want to play thanks to the oldschool resurgence.

Anyway. Hi.

Lomax

I wish Desura and Indieroyale would stop fucking around and give me my key already

HZ4WDsf.png

OjT28fq.png

>:|

Apparently this is a common problem, it may have to do with the site update but a lot of people have reported an inability to get keys from there currently. I know that doesn't help any, but at least you're not alone, right?

So. How big is the chance that tomorrow the Store 6.0 will launch?

Hi all, been lurking gaf for over a year, finally signed up. just saying hello. i own too many steam games, but have only played a handful (vita is more suited to my gaming time, even if i love many a pc game). Right now I'm devouring Desktop Dungeons (played the alpha ages ago), and also enjoyed greats like Grimrock (w/graph paper), space chem, FTL. I have about a hundred or so games I really want to play (roguelikes, dungeon crawlers, tower defense, card battle, and tactics games top my lists) when time allows.

I've been trying to get back into pc gaming some, since Wasteland 2 is coming soon and there's a ton of other games I want to play thanks to the oldschool resurgence.

Anyway. Hi.

Welcome to SteamGAF :)

iosefe

Anyway. Hi.
welcome, comrade!

Anyway. Hi.

hello sir :)

Anteater

Anyway. Hi.

welcome to gaf!

madjoki

I wish Desura and Indieroyale would stop fucking around and give me my key already

>:|

Try client, worked for me.
Altought error for me was different ("The game you have redeemed does not allow you to request additional keys.").

I think I got game while it was free, but still got key despite dev saying we won't be getting keys.

denx

Anyway. Hi.
Hi, welcome to SteamGAF! Have fun and
prepare to make your wallet cry, if such thing exists. Also Salsa Romulan (is that still a thing? Haven't seen JaseC in a while.)

It's finally happened to me

"Your Steam account already owns this game"

Sacred Citadel

*shakes head*

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Thorgal

dante was purposely written as a meat head but with room for development through out the game, the plot is still horrible but dante's character isn't actually bad in comparison to everything else. Vergil's character fucking suck though.

guy does't even reach the knees of DMC 3 version .

3AW7B6Y.jpg

Anyway. Hi.

Hi! welcome to Steam- GAF !

Prepare to get very well acquainted with Saoirse Ronan. :p

Anyway. Hi.
Welcome! Have you chosen a side yet? Team Pigeon, Team Alpaca, and Team Russian Bear are your choices. Send in your application by the end of the week please.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The worst bit is when I was replaying it yesterday,
I kept thinking: Is it this one? This one? Maybe this one?
I still can't believe how good that scene is. It completely changed the way I looked at those things in that game from then on. I also like how the game doesn't abuse that resource, and applies it only when needed. Such an incredible atmosphere.

Apparently this is a common problem, it may have to do with the site update but a lot of people have reported an inability to get keys from there currently. I know that doesn't help any, but at least you're not alone, right?

Have you tried the Desura client or only the webpage?

Sometimes the key generation works only in the client for whatever reason

Try client, worked for me.
Altought error for me was different ("The game you have redeemed does not allow you to request additional keys.").

I think I got game while it was free, but still got key despite dev saying we won't be getting keys.

Thanks guys, downloaded the client, logged in and suddenly it appeared on the webclient. What a weird bug.

edit: no wait, it wasn't for reprisal after all lmao

edit2: ok, actually accessing my collection through the client worked, all's well. Thanks again.

Turfster

I still can't believe how good that scene is. It completely changed the way I looked at those things in that game from then on. I also like how the game doesn't abuse that resource, and applies it only when needed. Such an incredible atmosphere.
Yeah. F.E.A.R. is rock solid.
It still looks amazing at full res with everything on max, and it's actually scary.

Nabs

Okay, fuck it.
I've futzed around with this thing for half an hour now and it still does fuck all.
Fuck you blops2, fuck you Activision, you should be ashamed of yourself, releasing such a broken ass lazy port.

Sorry for your issues, but Blops 2 is one of the best ports in recent memory. They actually have a legit team dedicated to the PC and have continued to support it over the years.

Tellaerin

Anyone else try Minimum?

Played during the closed beta (only Titan mode was in when I played, and only two maps, the factory and that outdoor map in a ravine with the side caverns where you chase down creeps), and I enjoyed it when I could get into a full match. Been holding off on buying it because I need to save cash and it'll probably go lower during a sale eventually, but reading your impressions is making me tempted to pull the trigger now, even though I shouldn't. >.>

Turfster

Sorry for your issues, but Blops 2 is one of the best ports in recent memory. They actually have a legit team dedicated to the PC and have continued to support it over the years.

That's not what it looks like from where I'm sitting, sadly.
And some of the support stuff on the steam community is "... are you shitting me?"
Like the fact that some of the fixes are "oh yeah, make sure you have less than 50 people in your friends list" or "oh yeah remove all your non-standard hardware and kill all the drivers and then maybe it might work" is just mindboggling.

Like the fact that some of the fixes are "oh yeah, make sure you have less than 50 people in your friends list" or "oh yeah remove all your non-standard hardware and kill all the drivers and then maybe it might work" is just mindboggling.

Don't forget the most-important fix.

"When all else fails...uh...um...hm. Just buy Ghosts."

AsfaeksBR

It still looks amazing at full res with everything on max, and it's actually scary.

Ok, now this talk made me curious.
This scary part you guys said, is this in the beginning, middle or the end of the game?
I really want to click that Spoiler tag now!

Turfster

This scary part you guys said, is this in the beginning, middle or the end of the game?

The part we were discussing is... second half of the game.
There's a lot more scary stuff along the way, though.
You should go in cold, really, to get the full experience.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, I wanna replay it yet again!

No, please don't read it! I can't say anything, but I promise it's worth it. It deserves to be experienced unspoiled.

Let's not talk about this particular scene any further. It's seriously worth going in blind.

Gvaz

Banned
Losing the ability to jump/aim at the same time is terrible, not to mention menu management. I've tried playing Human Rev with a pad, but it was more work/time than was necessary.

HUH?

You can move and shoot at the same time very easily...that's part of why it's better

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-4CE5FFFAA798507D - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-0557393B4AE65372 - Taken by Kagemusha. 11 entrants total.
Steel and Steam Episode 1 -- MB-B704D1C9B822134E - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-3609B802B6EF76C9 - Taken by danhese007. 3 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-1EC11739A573CCD8 - Taken by fenners. 11 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-D75B76FDA36B1E9D
Motte Island -- MB-CA338750FD69A884 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-558F9D7F11CF9954 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Warlock Master of the Arcane was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1410824536z1.png

KarmaCow

Played during the closed beta (only Titan mode was in when I played, and only two maps, the factory and that outdoor map in a ravine with the side caverns where you chase down creeps), and I enjoyed it when I could get into a full match. Been holding off on buying it because I need to save cash and it'll probably go lower during a sale eventually, but reading your impressions is making me tempted to pull the trigger now, even though I shouldn't. >.>

Well I got it for a key (<$2.50) after searching for a bit so you can get for pretty cheap right if you want it. I have no idea about the size of the community or the word of mouth so I'm kinda worried this will end up as yet another dead multiplayer game.

edit: another thing I forgot about the game, it makes register an account to play. So yea, if that annoys you, beware.

there's two modbots?

okay now i'm scared

Got some bad news then,
there's more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom