• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

crimzon clover on sale??? BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

BUY IT

BUY IT

Yep, listen to him, best Shmup on steam imo (yes, even better than Ikaruga), such an amazing game!

Humble Shmups bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Really Big Sky
  • Syder Arcade
TIER 2: BTA
  • Danmaku Unlimited 2
  • Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
TIER 3: 7$
  • Crimzon Clover: World Ignition

Oh what a difference 15 minutes makes...

Hahaha good gawd Resident Evil Revelaitions is dumb. In all new levels of dumb. I do like the ship segments though. And the shooter sections too, expect they are way too simplistic. But the dumbness here is just over the top.

Humble Shmups bundle
  • Really Big Sky
  • Syder Arcade
  • Danmaku Unlimited 2

2good4me
Hale.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Humble Shmups bundle
  • Really Big Sky
  • Syder Arcade
  • Danmaku Unlimited 2

Now thats a great bundle!

As said above, Crimzon Clover is god tier!

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is also a great Bullet Hell shmup!

I twitched!

:p you won't regret it!

Hahaha good gawd Resident Evil Revelaitions is dumb. In all new levels of dumb. I do like the ship segments though. And the shooter sections too, expect they are way too simplistic. But the dumbness here is just over the top.

Yeah. While the old RE games were still on the border of having some B-Movie flair, Revelations is a full blown B-Movie in terms of games....

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Really Big Sky -- MB-7346D3DC15590DEF - Taken by Htown
Syder Arcade -- MB-C7874F4B80DD9154 - Taken by Lomax
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-ADDCF40113808C05

Hanzou

To those who still haven't received the Humble e-mail with Receiver:
Check your Spam box. If there's nothing there, you can go to Humble Store and claim the game that now their servers are up and e-mails are being sent!
How do you claim the game on the site if you never activate the link from the email?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Receiver -- MB-9EC0EEE319E4EAA6 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Lomax

Best part of the Humble captcha is if you try to click the refresh to get another one, a popup dialogue gets in the way.

Khronico

I want to thank everyone who convinced me to buy RE6. I just finished the prologue and it's surprisingly good. I'm not a fan of the huge amount of QTE's but whenever it shifts to actual gameplay its SO good. It controls like a slower paced vanquish, which is probably my favorite third person shooter of last gen. I can tell I will really enjoy playing through the game.

I was also surprised by how well it runs. I have a moderately good laptop (6gb RAM, latest gen i5, R7 M265) and it runs at an almost constant 60fps with almost all settings on high. I'm glad I didn't settle for the ps3 version, the performance difference is night and day.

Nabs

Injustice Patch just went out. Now to hope that they release patch notes. Maybe we're finally getting that online patch?

I should feel pretty damn bad for not wanting to play Crimzon Glover

Maybe not Glover but Clover? All the way! Granted, it's kind of quite hardcore shmup fan oriented but Simple mode is simple enough and very challenging.

I put a combined of 80 hours between the original demo release and the doujin retail version. Then put another 10 hours on this new version.

For those who think shmups and such don't have replayability!

vg260

Injustice Patch just went out. Now to hope that they release patch notes. Maybe we're finally getting that online patch?

NetherRealm and Warner Bros. have released a patch today for Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition to fix some issues related to Online and Framerate – details below:
Fixed issue related to players not being visible in rooms
Fixed the invite system to address simultaneous invites and invites that arrive after the player has started entering a match
o Note: This fix changes the system so that invites arriving after entering a match or actively matchmaking are ignored
Fixed a desync when using chat in Big Picture mode
Fixed framerate issue related to cutscenes

Hope that means we can finally see that Scarecrow cutscene at 60 fps.
'
Also those invites things sound like what was plaguing Ultra SFIV

Spares - not even waiting for Modbot. First come, first serve:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death - CJR9N-74V97-DET9D
Steel and Steam Episode 1 - QBZKN-H3IQ7-8PVKQ
Words for Evil (Desura) - GSL4Y-V4WJV-TJU0W-WUZG7-EITA5

Evrain

Maybe not Glover but Clover? All the way! Granted, it's kind of quite hardcore shmup fan oriented but Simple mode is simple enough and very challenging.

I put a combined of 80 hours between the original demo release and the doujin retail version. Then put another 10 hours on this new version.

For those who think shmups and such don't have replayability!
This. More often than not the misconception of lacking replayability comes from the innate tendency of western gamers to just credit feed like mad, or think it's some sort of CoD where death doesn't have a price.
1CC all the way!

So, from what I've played of DR3 so far it looks like Melee > Ranged. Is it safe to invest most of my points into Melee over Ranged then?

Grim Reaper Fire Awesome Scythe ftw.
Combo firearms can be just as mindnumbingly overpowered as combo handweapons. The Z.A.R. wrecks every individual opponent (special enemy types or bosses) while the Splitshot decimates waves of zombies like it's nothing. Can't go wrong with either, even though melee gear is higher in number overall.

I think ranged is generally stronger, but there is the problem with ammunition. You should definitely start to max out melee first, but ranged comes in handy and sometimes even necessary in the later missions. Always have a fully loaded rifle in reserve.
Ammunition isn't really a problem with how safehouses are always 2 minutes away and with how much more potent guns get (including an increasing amount of bullets) further down the "Ranged" skill tree. I could lay waste to 200+ zombies with only 50 bullets from the Splitshot (out of 150+ total IIRC) after I had that category maxed out, so take that as you will.

dot

I want to thank everyone who convinced me to buy RE6. I just finished the prologue and it's surprisingly good. I'm not a fan of the huge amount of QTE's but whenever it shifts to actual gameplay its SO good. It controls like a slower paced vanquish, which is probably my favorite third person shooter of last gen. I can tell I will really enjoy playing through the game.

I was also surprised by how well it runs. I have a moderately good laptop (6gb RAM, latest gen i5, R7 M265) and it runs at an almost constant 60fps with almost all settings on high. I'm glad I didn't settle for the ps3 version, the performance difference is night and day.
Wow, if you liked the prologue you will definitely love the rest of the game.

You can turn off QTE's btw.

Also for the handful of people here that bought the new Naruto, preload is up and apparently it unlocks in a few hours. Of course this happens when I'm unable to get to a computer... ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom