• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shrug* I was following someone else's lead, pricing-wise. I just thought it was kind of sad that someone would drop that much that fast and turn things into a mad dash to the bottom almost immediately. I mean, you could at least hold out a little longer, you know? Maybe it's wrong of me to feel that way. :p

I'm always doing the same, only lowering by very small amounts for that tiny little chance to get rich with steambucks. But you have to consider the buyer side as well. I'm pretty sure demand will almost never be bigger than the supply, so the few people (or even the one person) who want the foil see that there are multiple cards on the market and will wait for the inevitable undercutting to reach a price they're willing to pay as well. And that point is almost guaranteed to be closer to $5 than to $14.

Tellaerin

I didn't. I've dropped foils down a good $4 or 5 to get it to sell faster. I was in a race to the bottom with one user for a good week straight. We went from $9 down, via $0.25 increments broken by me dropping it down much further, to $1 before it sold.

I'm inclined to think that if more people were more patient and didn't do that, you'd see foils go for higher prices more often. It's not like people aren't willing to drop cash on useless vanity items on Steam. :p But nobody has time to get to the point where they'll say, "I might as well pull the trigger on it because it's not going to get any lower" when every seller's slashing things to fire sale prices just to unload them.

Things are how they are, though. Not really much to be done about it. Still, I can't help but think it's a little sad.

Ozium

I'm inclined to think that if more people were more patient and didn't do that, you'd see foils go for higher prices more often. It's not like people aren't willing to drop cash on useless vanity items on Steam. :p But nobody has time to get to the point where they'll say, "I might as well pull the trigger on it because it's not going to get any lower" when every seller's slashing things to fire sale prices just to unload them.

Things are how they are, though. Not really much to be done about it. Still, I can't help but think it's a little sad.

or people have realized that spending upwards to $5 for a digital card is stupid

Kiru

Found this one reddit:

0OC8G5Rl.jpg

Warning to those who don’t yet own Sniper Elite 3 on PC! We'd advise against buying Sniper Elite 3 on Steam over the next few days, but we WOULD advise scoping out potential snipers to play with ... news soon!

Dr Dogg

Found this one reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/0OC8G5Rl.jpg[IMG]

Warning to those who don’t yet own Sniper Elite 3 on PC! We'd advise against buying Sniper Elite 3 on Steam over the next few days, but we WOULD advise scoping out potential snipers to play with ... news soon![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing either a crazy promo or a free weekend coming soon then.

Makes about as much sense to me as spending obscene amounts of money on cosmetic items in FPS's, but hell, what do I know? :p

At least you can show those off. If there was something like that for crafting badges, like special backgrounds and emotes unlocking at certain badge levels, prices for some card sets (waifus) would go through the roof. Hey Valve, this one's for free.

MUnited83

For you.
Found this one reddit:

0OC8G5Rl.jpg

Warning to those who don’t yet own Sniper Elite 3 on PC! We'd advise against buying Sniper Elite 3 on Steam over the next few days, but we WOULD advise scoping out potential snipers to play with ... news soon!

Weekend deal basically confirmed then.

agniswarm

Banned
Already have it..its a great game..!

Found this one reddit:

0OC8G5Rl.jpg

Arthea

or people have realized that spending upwards to $5 for a digital card is stupid

I think that's exactly what happened, after initial card craze, not only prices of cards plummeted down, foils now go for prices regular cards used to go at the start, so ya, I see pattern.
On the point of "stupid", everything is stupid, we all know people that think playing games is stupid, and card/badge collecting is sort of a game, I like card collecting games, so steam metagame is no different in my eyes. Only I'm not willing to spend money on foils, then again I'm not one to talk, as I spent a lot of money on cards when prices were much higher than now. Maybe it is stupidity of sorts, but if not for collectors, this all idea would have failed, meaning no free money, no thrill, no market, no idlem@ster, no nice profiles, etc.

edited: Jasec totally should take part in any lottery he can, I think (><)

AHA-Lambda

Found this one reddit:

0OC8G5Rl.jpg

But I already got it from the $1 Newegg promo :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Warning to those who don&#8217;t yet own Sniper Elite 3 on PC! We'd advise against buying Sniper Elite 3 on Steam over the next few days, but we WOULD advise scoping out potential snipers to play with ... news soon!
Nothing they offer could replace the deal I already missed because of the Star Citizen shenanigans on the AMD gold reward. So now I'm going to "never settle forever" for anything more than the $5 it could have been for me.

Sorry, Rebellion, it wasn't your fault.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Have ANY of you actually gotten more than like $2 for a non anime foil card?

A bunch of times. Last year before the summer sale I sold a Mystery Foil card for ~10$ and I got a Pinball Arcade Foil that sold for ~12$. But the PArcade card took some weeks to sell, I just refused to participate in the race to the bottom and after some weeks when all the others where gone it was my turn :p

Did the same with two rare Animu backgrounds, everybody was undercutting, I waited and some time later got ~20$ for both.

There where also "smaler" foils that sold for 2 - 3$.

I'm trying to sell this one at the moment

iYfBLkzYZveQE.PNG

I know my asking price is really high, but I have seen stranger things happen, and as long no other card comes around I just wait and hope :)

derExperte

come one Valve, surprise us with v6 today

I hope they don't break/remove some small stuff like being able to see other regions prices via ?cc=xxx. Never seen a website redesign that didn't f' something up.

I know my asking price is really high, but I have seen stranger things happen, and as long no other card comes around I just wait and hope :)

Someone else if offering a foil from the same game for 232,41&#8364;, yours looks like a bargain.

L.O.R.D

Found this one reddit:

0OC8G5Rl.jpg

ummmm
i passed on thief 4 free for week , because i really hate thief 3
i had SE V2 got it for free, and never [lay it
i remember playing V1 of the game and it wasn't nice

Copons

Wanted to wait for a bigger giveaway, but then I noticed on the Receiver mail that the key has an expiring date, so better safe than sorry, here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-2E2268230D715681

I'm watching the new Transformers,
T. J. Miller died in the first 45 minutes so
it's already way better than I expected.

How about the games? Any good?

I'm watching the new Transformers,
T. J. Miller died in the first 45 minutes so
it's already way better than I expected.

How about the games? Any good?

The first two games were pretty good (they don't have anything to do with the films though)
I didn't play the last game, but it got awful reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom